Lifetime Globalist

Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Just ticked over the 1M mark base points due to hosting conferences got the note from my PL agent. Anyone know if I should get TSU related to this prior to 3/1/18 - already hit Glob on points back in march.
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by footastic
Just ticked over the 1M mark base points due to hosting conferences got the note from my PL agent. Anyone know if I should get TSU related to this prior to 3/1/18 - already hit Glob on points back in march.
You will get 4 TSU and 1 Cat 7 night within the next 48 hours. You get another set on 28 Feb for being a Lifetime member.

Congratulations to achieving Lifetime!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Thumbs up

With my most recent stay (Andaz Xintiandi), I am now a Lifetime Globalist. Joined the program in October 2005, as I recall, so around 12.5 years to hit it. ^
Would have preferred to be a Lifetime Diamond.
Markie and 59Impala like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Did Lifetime Diamond have the chance for 8 TSUs and 2 free nights at any Hyatt hotel?

Enjoy Lifetime Globalist. Wish I was closer to 1M...
CopperSteve likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
With my most recent stay (Andaz Xintiandi), I am now a Lifetime Globalist. Joined the program in October 2005, as I recall, so around 12.5 years to hit it. ^
So did you get 4 TSUs and a category 1-7 Free night award upon achieving LT status?

I should be crossing about middle of this year. Looking forward to it - particularly not having to requalify each year.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by footastic
Hyatt lists conference hosting as earning bonus points, not base points. How did you end up getting those to count for LT? Was it separately negotiated?

I've been running meetings at Marriott lately because their meeting points count for lifetime and because their online booking is better as well as better priced. But I could would move them back to Hyatt if at those downsides were fixed.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I did receive the upgrade certs and free night award.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:34 am

I completed my first year as Hyatt Lifetime and I thought this is a good opportunity to share some observations. In short, if you can get to Lifetime: do it!

In the past 12 months I stayed at various Hyatt properties and with the exception of Park Hyatt Sydney I have always received a suite. In cases where I used upgrades to a suite or paid for a suite I almost always received further upgrades up to Diplomat or Ambassador Suite.Most spectacular upgrade: Park Hyatt New York from a base room to an Ambassador Suite followed by Grand Hyatt Berlin from a base room to their Daimler Suite. Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf put me in their Presidential Suite when I was confirmed in a base suite. I was upgraded to Diplomat Suites at Park Hyatt Shanghai, Park Hyatt Tokyo, and Park Hyatt Vendome.

All hotels have been very accommodating with early check-ins and I receive welcome amenities at almost every Hyatt I stay. Park Hyatt Zurich welcomed me back as Lifetime member with a pretty expensive bottle of champagne and Park Hyatt Vendome also picked one of my favorite brands for my most recent stay.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong gets a special mention for their efforts - they saw me last year more than any other property and they are doing a wonderful job.

I continue to requalify for Globalist via spend and have 8 upgrade certificates to use every year. Hyatt is very appreciative of the loyality and business I have given them over the past 12 years and I am very pleased to see that they continue to make an effort to show me every time how much they care how much thought goes into making my stays most comfortable and delightful.

So if your footprint of travel matches the Hyatt footprint, it is worth the long run to get to Lifetime. I don't think there is any better published status out there.
SF1K, SPN Lifer, EHAM1 and 2 others like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
I completed my first year as Hyatt Lifetime and I thought this is a good opportunity to share some observations. In short, if you can get to Lifetime: do it!

In the past 12 months I stayed at various Hyatt properties and with the exception of Park Hyatt Sydney I have always received a suite. In cases where I used upgrades to a suite or paid for a suite I almost always received further upgrades up to Diplomat or Ambassador Suite.Most spectacular upgrade: Park Hyatt New York from a base room to an Ambassador Suite followed by Grand Hyatt Berlin from a base room to their Daimler Suite. Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf put me in their Presidential Suite when I was confirmed in a base suite. I was upgraded to Diplomat Suites at Park Hyatt Shanghai, Park Hyatt Tokyo, and Park Hyatt Vendome.

All hotels have been very accommodating with early check-ins and I receive welcome amenities at almost every Hyatt I stay. Park Hyatt Zurich welcomed me back as Lifetime member with a pretty expensive bottle of champagne and Park Hyatt Vendome also picked one of my favorite brands for my most recent stay.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong gets a special mention for their efforts - they saw me last year more than any other property and they are doing a wonderful job.

I continue to requalify for Globalist via spend and have 8 upgrade certificates to use every year. Hyatt is very appreciative of the loyality and business I have given them over the past 12 years and I am very pleased to see that they continue to make an effort to show me every time how much they care how much thought goes into making my stays most comfortable and delightful.

So if your footprint of travel matches the Hyatt footprint, it is worth the long run to get to Lifetime. I don't think there is any better published status out there.

I'm super excited to be joining the LT Globalist ranks soon. I'm actually only holding off because I want to use that Category 1-7 cert at the end of December, otherwise I'd already have crossed the threshold. Nice to hear that there seem to be some recognition above and/beyond Globalist status, although from the sounds of it you are also a fairly high-spender so that may be it as well. I'm $791 away from hitting the mark - but actually needed to change my freaking Memorial Day trip to points from points+cash so I wouldn't cross over. I'll be making it with my stay in July. Although I almost want to try to do it just before those stays, because those are all vacation ones and it would be nice to see if there is special recognition, particularly at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, which would technically be my first stay after hitting LT but probably too soon for them to see it since my stay that is right before that one will be the one that makes it "hit".

Also:

Does the dashboard on the app/website even show the countdown towards nights once LTG?

Do you receive the extra Cat 1-7 Cert and extra 4 TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

Last edited by SF1K; May 16, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Old May 16, 2018, 8:09 pm

There was a presentation leaked some two or three years back that the average Diamond spent around 15,000 USD per year. Having reached Lifetime in just ten years, it's obvious that I am spending more than that but I am surprised how much recognition I get when staying at properties I have never stayed at or not stayed in a long time. Park Hyatt Washington upgraded me to their Georgetown suite for a week (confirmed for a standard suite) and I think my last stay with them was about four years back.
SF1K likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:47 pm

Finally hit LT today. Stay was Tuesday to Wednesday and I’ve been waiting and waiting for it to post all day - wanted the LT before our extensive Hyatt vacation coming up starting tomorrow (but not sure if it will make any difference).

Anyway finally the stay posted and immediately got a congratulations email and the category 1-7 free night and 4 suite upgrade awards posted as well.

Yeah!!!

Looking forward to many more years of Hyatt stays.
Markie, SPN Lifer, JackE and 1 others like this.

Last edited by SF1K; Jun 28, 2018 at 9:36 pm
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Congratulations!
SF1K likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
And I passed Lifetime when my stay from last weekend posted. Yipee!

At the same time I passed Globalist for 55 nights and so 2 free nights and 8 suite upgrades posted too.
skj, craigthemif, Aventine and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Markie; Nov 12, 2018 at 10:25 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Markie
And I passed Lifetime when my stay form last weekend posted. Yipee!

At the same time I passed Globalist for 55 nights and so 2 free nights and 8 suite upgrades posted too.
Congratulations!
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Congrats @Markie!!!
Markie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.