Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Park Hyatt Vendome showed last weekend that some properties are seeing WoH as an excuse to cut cost beyond common sense. While I got upgraded from a Park Suite to a Park Executive Suite there was absolutely no recognition: no in-room check-in offered, no personal attention at the check-in desk, no welcome note, no suite amenity whatsoever (no fruits, no wine, no nothing - they even removed the free cookies from the drawer). Shared my feedback with the GM and received a gift upon departure to make up for the arrival experience.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
This is why World of Hurt cost it's PREDECESSOR from winning any Freddies.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
This is why World of Hurt cost it's PREDECESSOR from winning any Freddies.
It's predecessor had fallen recently as well, most noticeably with the change in DSU Expiration policy.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:31 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
I am not sure if anyone here noticed the same thing like I did. Before the WOH was introduced earlier this year, I was able to see my lifetime based points by clicking to print the account summary and it showed 960,XXX points on my lifetime based points.

Today there is no option to do so on the website so I called in to check. The agent told me that I have 401,XXX points on my lifetime based points. I requested to create a case to reconcile all of my activities inception to date, but curious if anyone here experienced the same issue. Thank you.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What number do you see in your monthly summary email?
Old May 8, 2017, 12:08 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What number do you see in your monthly summary email?
I have never received any monthly summary email as far as I can remember. I check my account summary on-line almost every month.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Sawasdee
I am not sure if anyone here noticed the same thing like I did. Before the WOH was introduced earlier this year, I was able to see my lifetime based points by clicking to print the account summary and it showed 960,XXX points on my lifetime based points.

Today there is no option to do so on the website so I called in to check. The agent told me that I have 401,XXX points on my lifetime based points. I requested to create a case to reconcile all of my activities inception to date, but curious if anyone here experienced the same issue. Thank you.
Are you sure it was Lifetime BASE points?? The old Gold Passport used to list Lifetime Points, but it was all points earned, not just base points (which is the 5 X whatever you've spent with Hyatt).
Old May 8, 2017, 2:15 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Originally Posted by SF1K
Are you sure it was Lifetime BASE points?? The old Gold Passport used to list Lifetime Points, but it was all points earned, not just base points (which is the 5 X whatever you've spent with Hyatt).
I could have misread/misunderstood. All I want to do now is to reconcile all the numbers. The new WOH site now only allows me to view activities back 2 years.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Go to your "My Account / Personal Profile & Preferencese / Communication preferences" and select the "Monthly Account Summary".

Chances are you did see the Lifetime Total points including the bonus and amenity points. You normally have a pretty good idea if you have been spending $200,000 with Hyatt on rooms alone....
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:58 pm

Hyatt is working on a fix for the welcome gift for freshly minted Lifetime members:

The 4 additional CSUA are currently only valid till the end of the membership year and not for 365 days (as it should be the case). If you cross 1,000,000 base points in November those vouchers would only good till 28 February.

Hyatt will in the interim intervene manually and ensure that the vouchers can be used for the full 365 days.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
Hyatt is working on a fix for the welcome gift for freshly minted Lifetime members:

The 4 additional CSUA are currently only valid till the end of the membership year and not for 365 days (as it should be the case). If you cross 1,000,000 base points in November those vouchers would only good till 28 February.

Hyatt will in the interim intervene manually and ensure that the vouchers can be used for the full 365 days.
If you became a lifetime member this year, you should have received an e-mail from Hyatt announcing the fix and your vouchers will now only expire after 365 days.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:20 am

Lifetime experience at Park Hyatt New York: Booked a room using points for two nights, wanted to upgrade to a suite using my CSUA and was allowed to book into a King Suite (as Junior Suites were all taken) and upgraded to the Ambassador Suite upon arrival.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:19 am

Lifetime experience at Park Hyatt New York: Booked a room using points for two nights, wanted to upgrade to a suite using my CSUA and was allowed to book into a King Suite (as Junior Suites were all taken) and upgraded to the Ambassador Suite upon arrival.
wow, it's a great suite judging by these photos!

https://www.oyster.com.au/new-york-c...suite--v83992/
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:39 pm

Lifetime Globalist is definitely the winner of the whole WoH exercise. I received 3 Cat 7 certificates and 12 Suite Upgrade Awards this year:

1 Cat 7 Cert and 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on 1 March for becoming a Globalist
1 Cat 7 Cert and 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on 7 April for becoming a Lifetime member
1 Cat 7 Cert and 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on 30 Oct for earning 100,000 base points

My next set of certs and upgrade awards will be credited on 1 March for being a Lifetime Globalist.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Lifetime Globalist is definitely the winner of the whole WoH exercise. I received 3 Cat 7 certificates and 12 Suite Upgrade Awards this year:

1 Cat 7 Cert and 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on 1 March for becoming a Globalist
1 Cat 7 Cert and 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on 7 April for becoming a Lifetime member
1 Cat 7 Cert and 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on 30 Oct for earning 100,000 base points

My next set of certs and upgrade awards will be credited on 1 March for being a Lifetime Globalist.
Congratulations!

I am shooting for lifetime over an 8-9 year plan, I hope it continues for that long! Getting 4 TSUs and free 1-7 at March 1 and again after 60 nights each year I think is worthwhile pursuing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.