FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Best Room Available incl. Standard Suites] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1825515-world-hyatt-globalist-experiences-best-room-available-incl-standard-suites.html)

Markie Feb 25, 2017 6:01 am

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Best Room Available incl. Standard Suites]

From the T&C's

(c) Best Room Available: Globalists will receive the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including standard suites and rooms with Club lounge-access. The best room available will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay. The “best room” may, but will not necessarily be, of a room type/category higher than that booked by the Member. Best-room-available benefit includes only standard suites (where available), which are defined as rooms within each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category. Specialty, Premier, Presidential, Diplomatic, and other suites other than standard suites are not included in this benefit. Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or at M life Resorts.

KC01 Mar 1, 2017 6:07 am

Just got upgraded to a Suite at HR. Went in all armed with Basic Suite availability for my stay, as shown on the new WOH App. Turns out it was unnecessary and they bumped me up without asking. So far so good.

Edit: Small caveat, they didn't have the standard sheet of benefits for Globalists printed off yet.

JetAway Mar 1, 2017 6:20 am

Originally Posted by KC01 (Post 27974156)
Just got upgraded to a Suite at HR.

Which HR? I think it would be helpful to name specific properties on this thread.

MSPeconomist Mar 1, 2017 6:39 am

At some Hyatts, I've already been getting upgrades to standard suites and even beyond on a fairly regular basis, although I recognize that under HGP this was above and beyond treatment. OTOH, I've had Hyatts (I'm looking at you, Atlanta Midtown) refuse to give me an available deluxe king when I booked a standard king, even when lots of deluxe kings as well as junior suites were available for my stay.

I don't expect WOH to be any different.

ADDED: I've also been getting free suite upgrades at certain HPs and even a HH.

SethLevy Mar 1, 2017 6:44 am

I think this thread would be more helpful to us, if people indicated the name/location of the specific hotels as we move forward with WOH.

beachfan Mar 1, 2017 7:13 am

Anyone have the new globalist phone number; they took down the old one )diamond)

marcford Mar 1, 2017 7:40 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 27974463)
Anyone have the new globalist phone number; they took down the old one )diamond)

Please note +14029521125 ( Globalist Line)

antonius66 Mar 1, 2017 7:41 am

No 800 number?

marcford Mar 1, 2017 8:00 am

Originally Posted by antonius66 (Post 27974618)
No 800 number?

Toll -free No. is 18002331234 ( For U.S., Canada & Caribbean )

joey965 Mar 1, 2017 10:38 am

That is the general number. The new Globalist number is 888.994.9288

Rusdude Mar 1, 2017 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by joey965 (Post 27975614)
That is the general number. The new Globalist number is 888.994.9288

I haven't called it but that number (x-9288) is what the app is showing to me. For some reason can't add WoH card to Apple Wallet though.

beachfan Mar 1, 2017 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rusdude (Post 27976999)
I haven't called it but that number (x-9288) is what the app is showing to me. For some reason can't add WoH card to Apple Wallet though.

can you please point out where on the app? I tried this morning and couldn't find anything about the general number. Oh yes and a customer's service number that was broken

thanks!

Rusdude Mar 1, 2017 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 27977185)
can you please point out where on the app? I tried this morning and couldn't find anything about the general number. Oh yes and a customer's service number that was broken

thanks!

On an updated iOS app (rolled out today, March 1 - icon says World of Hyatt) go to More (three dots in bottom-right corner) -> "Contact Hyatt" -> (wait) -> after 10-15 seconds you will see "Globalist Line" heading and +1 888 994 9288 phone number.

Hope that helps!

SanDiego1K Mar 1, 2017 9:37 pm

My first stay as a Glob is at the Hyatt LAX. I stayed here several times when it was a Concourse Hotel, under the Hyatt chain. I was routinely upgraded to a suite. Today for the first time I did not receive a suite. I was told that they only have 15 suites and they were all booked.

steve65341 Mar 1, 2017 10:02 pm

Checked into the Regency Downtown Denver and was only offered a normal room after I verified that base suites were available. Had to ask and go back and forth for the upgrade. Definitely not the smooth way this "great" new program was pitched.