Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Explorist Experiences [Free Award night at 30 nights]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

From T&C's

f) Earn a Free Night Award – Category 1-4 Hyatt Hotel or Resort: Upon completing thirty (30) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earning fifty thousand (50,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, Members will be provided with one (1) standard-room Free Night Award redeemable at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort (“Category 1-4 Free Night Award”). (A list of Hyatt hotels and resorts, sorted by category, can be found at goldpassport.com). The Category 1-4 Free Night Award is valid for one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for a reservation with a checkout date before the expiration of the award. This award is available only to Members who complete the qualifying number of Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn the qualifying number of Base Points starting from the Effective Date of these Terms. While this award requires the same Tier-Qualifying Night and Base Point accrual requirements as are required to achieve Explorist status, the Category 1-4 Free Night Award is not provided as a benefit of Explorist status and a Category 1-4 Free Night Award will not be provided to Members who receive Explorist status through any means other than satisfaction of the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements (e.g., Members who receive Explorist status as part of the migration from the Hyatt Gold Passport program to the Program). Redemption of Category 1-4 Free Night Award is subject to standard-room availability at the selected hotel or resort and to all redemption terms generally applicable to Award Reservations as set out in the section of these Terms titled “Redeeming Free Night Awards, Room Upgrade Awards, or Points + Cash Awards.” Category 1-4 Free Night Award is not valid at M life Resorts or any Hyatt hotel or resort classified by Hyatt (in its sole discretion) as category 5 or higher. Hyatt reserves the right to reclassify any hotel or resort at any time for any reason in its sole discretion. Any Category 1-4 Free Night Award that is not used within one hundred and twenty (120) days after issuance will be void and forfeited by the Member. Other Free Night Awards, including those valid at category 1-4 hotels and resorts, may have different expiration and other applicable terms.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
These awards are only issued to Explos at completing 30 nights (and I guess anyone below Explo who completes 30 nights, since they then become Explo) and not to Golbs? Is that right?

What about a Glob who completes just 30 nights in the calendar year? Do they get one of these awards upon being downgraded to Explo the following March 1?
Old May 10, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
These awards are only issued to Explos at completing 30 nights (and I guess anyone below Explo who completes 30 nights, since they then become Explo) and not to Golbs? Is that right?

What about a Glob who completes just 30 nights in the calendar year? Do they get one of these awards upon being downgraded to Explo the following March 1?
Glob's get them too - I got one when I crossed the 30 night threshold this year. Your current status doesn't impact your opportunity to get this award.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Pingtung
Glob's get them too - I got one when I crossed the 30 night threshold this year. Your current status doesn't impact your opportunity to get this award.
Thanks. That's what I thought the T&C seemed to say, but I was confused that this section of the T&C is only listed under Explo benefits.

With a 120-day expiration and only good at cat 1-4, I'll need a little planning to use it when I get it, which will not be until Nov or so, since I plan to do just 30 nights this year.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I just crossed 30 nights and have been awarded one of these cat 1-4 awards.

I still have not used my promotional cat 1-7.

When trying to use online at a cat 4 hotel for August I want to use the newer award which expires before October, not the one that expires Feb 28.

Is there a way to ensure this without calling? (Although I may try a GoH booking with it, in which case I need to call.)

Last edited by serfty; Jun 20, 2017 at 6:45 pm
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by serfty

When trying to use online at a cat 4 hotel for August I want to use the newer award which expires before October, not the one that expires Feb 28.

Is there a way to ensure this without calling? (Although I may try a GoH booking with it, in which case I need to call.)
I think this thread explains how to do it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...cert-used.html
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by serfty

Just check your awards before and after redeeming the free night.

I haven't had a problem with this, though I still check to be sure.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I think this thread explains how to do it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...cert-used.html
Thanks for that - solution was obvious as presented by mediator in that thread.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Does anybody know whether resort fees are waived when using certificates like these? Thinking about using them for a weekend night in Vegas with availability and wondering whether I'll be charged resort fees + parking fees.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The MGM properties don't offer any WOH benefits...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
I will be awarded a Category 1-4 Free Night Award in a few days. There is no way I can use it within the next 120 days, as I will be traveling during that period to cities not covered by Hyatt.
I assume I can use it for a Guest of Honor, as it is an eligible award?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Members may request that certain awards be issued to another Member. Free Night Awards, certain Room Upgrade Awards, and Points + Cash Awards are currently eligible for transfer, as permitted under this provision.

So yes....
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RTW1
The MGM properties don't offer any WOH benefits...
I did a status match with MGM's Mlife Gold (mid tier). The program is mostly to keep track of your spending and machine play, but one thing that's worthwhile is that you get FREE valet parking at any of the MGM properties.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have earned another of these promotional awards.

It shows expiry online as mid November.

When doing online booking searches, is can be selected for use with a date that is 2 weeks after its listed expiry date.

Now late November is rather expensive in the City I am looking at so it would be beneficial to use this award then.

Do any have experiences of making and staying with such a booking using a promotional award, made before its expiry date but staying afterwards ?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Won't work. The reservation won't stick.

You need to check out before expiry date...
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.