Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
As a Globalist and under Milestone Rewards, I received 2 Club Access Awards. I successfully used them when booking 3 rooms at HR Cologne, 1 for myself and 2 rooms in my name for friends.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:00 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
As a Globalist and under Milestone Rewards, I received 2 Club Access Awards. I successfully used them when booking 3 rooms at HR Cologne, 1 for myself and 2 rooms in my name for friends.
Did you need to use them ? Wouldn't the property have given access to the guests in the other rooms under your name ? That's always been the case for me, and yes, I know it's outside of the T&Cs, but the properties where I've booked multiple rooms have provided lounge access without me asking. I haven't tried that at HR Cologne, though.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:47 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by skj
Did you need to use them ? Wouldn't the property have given access to the guests in the other rooms under your name ? That's always been the case for me, and yes, I know it's outside of the T&Cs, but the properties where I've booked multiple rooms have provided lounge access without me asking. I haven't tried that at HR Cologne, though.
I know, I had booked 3 rooms in my name 2 weeks in October 2017 and 3 weeks in July/August 2018. always had access to the lounge for all. But it is a courtesy I‘d say.

on this trip I want to be 100% sure to have access for all 6 adults. I will have no other use anyway, as I will hit lifetime Glob in October this year.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:53 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
on this trip I want to be 100% sure to have access for all 6 adults. I will have no other use anyway, as I will hit lifetime Glob in October this year.
Makes sense. I was just curious if a property was explicitly limiting access.

Congrats on lifetime ! I will make it no later than March of next year, based on my currently planned travel. That means I have to re-qualify this year so I have status for that March trip ...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:38 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by skj
Makes sense. I was just curious if a property was explicitly limiting access.

Congrats on lifetime ! I will make it no later than March of next year, based on my currently planned travel. That means I have to re-qualify this year so I have status for that March trip ...
Congrats as well!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Hi I have a question and was wondering what to do in this situation. My cousins boyfriend is Explorist status and booked a room for both him and her plus my wife and I which included use of one of his club lounge access certificates. He had my cousin listed as a second authorized guest on the room. Problem is he now doesn't think he will be able to make the trip because of a work situation so we want to bring my other cousin in his place. How would this work during check in? The hotel is paid for in full on his credit card so I am assuming it is OK for my cousin to check in and put her card down for incidentals (the last name isn't the same, not sure it matters). Would we still be able to access the club lounge and would we still be able to be upgraded if possible with the Explorist status?

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ooom416354
Hi I have a question and was wondering what to do in this situation. My cousins boyfriend is Explorist status and booked a room for both him and her plus my wife and I which included use of one of his club lounge access certificates. He had my cousin listed as a second authorized guest on the room. Problem is he now doesn't think he will be able to make the trip because of a work situation so we want to bring my other cousin in his place. How would this work during check in? The hotel is paid for in full on his credit card so I am assuming it is OK for my cousin to check in and put her card down for incidentals (the last name isn't the same, not sure it matters). Would we still be able to access the club lounge and would we still be able to be upgraded if possible with the Explorist status?

Thanks!
Let me answer with a question: do you see any problems with a system that would allow someone to resell bookings with benefits that other people wouldn't otherwise be entitled to, while also earning their own stay credits at the same time?

If you answer Yes, then I think you can now answer your own question.

If you answer No, then please try going through with your plan and see how it works out. Experience is the best teacher.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Help Using CLUB LOUNGE ACCESS (regency waikiki)

going to hawaii, booked 6 nights with all POINTS

i have

Club Access Awards

• 2 Earned

can i use it? does it count as using 1 of the "2 earned"?

or does it count as 2 of 6 days im there?

or can i not use it at all on points bookings?

THANKS
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:18 pm

Yes you can use them. 1 club award will apply to your whole 6-night reservation, leaving you 1 more award for later. You just have to call Hyatt and ask them to apply it for you.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
Yes you can use them. 1 club award will apply to your whole 6-night reservation, leaving you 1 more award for later. You just have to call Hyatt and ask them to apply it for you.
wow.. thats a great perk.

thanks!!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
Correct. The T&C for the Club Access Award state that one award applies "up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights."
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ooom416354

Thanks!
1. You don't have any status so I'm not sure why you think you'd get the benefits of someone with status.
2. Club access awards are not transferable so, no, you can't use it.
3. There is a chance that they won't let you check in. He needs to call the hotel and amend the booking to put it in the name of someone who will actually be there.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I have two Cat 4 certs to burn by mid August and will be in Florida. Also have some club access awards that will expire before I can use them. Looking for recs for FL properties that are Cat4 or less. We will have a 10 and 16 year old with us, which means it is REALLY helpful to have the club access for breakfast and snacks and evening apps. We usually eat a big lunch out and save money by otherwise doing club.

1) HR Coral Gables (no club?)
2) Confidante Miami (no club)
3) HR Grand Cypress Orlando (how is club?)
4) GH Tampa (how is club? I also have a $60 off $300 for GH via Amex that we could use for dining/extra kid room/resort fee)
5) HR Sarasota (no club?)
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have two Cat 4 certs to burn by mid August and will be in Florida. Also have some club access awards that will expire before I can use them. Looking for recs for FL properties that are Cat4 or less. We will have a 10 and 16 year old with us, which means it is REALLY helpful to have the club access for breakfast and snacks and evening apps. We usually eat a big lunch out and save money by otherwise doing club.

1) HR Coral Gables (no club?)
2) Confidante Miami (no club)
3) HR Grand Cypress Orlando (how is club?)
4) GH Tampa (how is club? I also have a $60 off $300 for GH via Amex that we could use for dining/extra kid room/resort fee)
5) HR Sarasota (no club?)
I imagine that you are already aware that you cannot apply a club access award on the Cat 4/7 free-night awards. Technically you cannot even apply a club access award to a reservation that includes a Cat 4/7 free night, but there is usually a work around for that, and many properties might grant access on the Cat 4/7 free night depending on the balance of paid or pts award nights.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious and you are already planning to apply the club access award to a paid or pts award res and wiggle in the Cat 4 free night with a workaround.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I imagine that you are already aware that you cannot apply a club access award on the Cat 4/7 free-night awards. Technically you cannot even apply a club access award to a reservation that includes a Cat 4/7 free night, but there is usually a work around for that, and many properties might grant access on the Cat 4/7 free night depending on the balance of paid or pts award nights.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious and you are already planning to apply the club access award to a paid or pts award res and wiggle in the Cat 4 free night with a workaround.
Oh hell. I totally forgot about that. So I guess the more appropriate question is which of those properties do y'all like the most. Since the club access is a moot point, I can expand to "House" and "Place" now. Sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.