Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you are a current Explorist, your status lasts through February 2019.

If you requalify, Explorist status is extended through February 2020, and your new certs will be good through February 2020.

So there is no time when you have certs without Explorist status.
However, my current (not newly earned) certs have been extended to 2020. That, combined with the wording of the Hyatt announcement, seems to imply that the extension applies to all certs currently in a member's account, regardless of when/whether they were/are earned this program year. Do these certs, with their ostensible extension, simply disappear from my account if I don't make Explorist again?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:16 am

Nope. Current status expires Feb 2019 and certs already have been redated to Feb. 2020.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you are a current Explorist, your status lasts through February 2019.

If you requalify, Explorist status is extended through February 2020, and your new certs will be good through February 2020.

So there is no time when you have certs without Explorist status.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:18 am

Yes that is my exact situation and question.

Originally Posted by JetAway
However, my current (not newly earned) certs have been extended to 2020. That, combined with the wording of the Hyatt announcement, seems to imply that the extension applies to all certs currently in a member's account, regardless of when/whether they were/are earned this program year. Do these certs, with their ostensible extension, simply disappear from my account if I don't make Explorist again?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
I stand corrected.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I'm not sure I understand how this will work going forward. Does the following seem correct?

1. Current Club Access Awards were earned based on stays in calendar 2017, were awarded on 01 Mar 2018, originally expired on 28 Feb 2019, but now have been extended to 29 Feb 2020.
2. If not re-qualifying for Explorist based on stays in calendar 2018, Explorist status will end on 28 Feb 2019, but the above Club Access Awards will still be usable until expiration on 29 Feb 2020.
3. If re-qualifying or newly qualifying for Explorist based on stays in calendar 2018, 4 Club Access Awards will be issued at the time of qualification, but those also will expire on 29 Feb 2020.
3. If re-qualifying or newly qualifying for Explorist based on stays in calendar 2019, 4 Club Access Awards will be issued at the time of qualification and will expire on 28 Feb 2021.

The specific reason I'm asking is that I have good use for the Club Access Awards, but I may fall short of 30 nights this year. But if my current Club Access Awards are usable until 29 Feb 2020, then not re-qualifying for Explorist this year would not be much of a problem. It is very likely that I will want to use Club Access Awards in mid-2020, but if I qualify based on 30 nights in 2019, there will be no break in Club Access Award usability from now all the way through 28 Feb 2021.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by OsakaWino; Jun 7, 2018 at 12:20 am
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The specific reason I'm asking is that I have good use for the Club Access Awards,
Huh. I guess everybody has different [First World] problems.

I have not been finding life as an Explorist as desperate as I thought I would. But, as far as these lounge certs go, I'm just not in a circuit of Hyatts where I can use these awards. Just got great value at Hyatt Regency Mainz, but I'm not likely to get to Mainz again before my seven remaining certs turn into pumpkins. In NYC and DC, I have (lounge-free) places I prefer to GHs in those towns.

Maybe someday they'll turn them into no lounge = breakfast.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Maybe someday they'll turn them into no lounge = breakfast.

Certainly agree with that wish. In Singapore we forgo using the club access in preference of staying at the Andaz, and Tokyo presents a quandary between using it at GH or staying at Andaz. But we have 2 weeks at GH Hong Kong, 8 nights at GH Fukuoka, 1 week at GH Taipei, and 8 nights at HR Seragaki planned over the next 18 months, all of which provide excellent use for club access awards.

Anyone wish to comment on whether my understanding of how things will work out is correct?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Anyone wish to comment on whether my understanding of how things will work out is correct?
I don't know whether you are correct according to Hyatt, but I interpret the new rules in accordance with your understanding of them.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mhdena
Call WOH and have them adjust it so only one was used.
Thanks for the advice, I contacted WOH but I didn't get a chance to call yet, so I wrote an email + follow-up (which were not answered) and after a few weeks I contacted the Twitter support.

So far, I did not yet receive the 3 club awards back. The hotel I stayed at credited me ~10,000 points for the 3 awards in exchange, but this seems odd to me (and cheap to be precise).

Considering that each club award is valid for up to 7 nights as per Terms of Service and an upgrade via points is 3,000 per night, I feel that the hotel should adjust it to the original 3 awards *or* the overall maximum of 63,000 points total (3 awards at 7 nights at 3,000 points per night).

Am I judging this incorrectly?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Can 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 16) use one club access award? It does not seem to address this in the T&C. https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...erms.html#/IVC
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I have upcoming 10 nights stay at HR Waikiki.
Does anyone have used club access cert over consecutive 7 nights?

Just burn 2 certs or do I have to split into 2 reservation? (ex. 7 nights+3 nights)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by IYUKO1023
I have upcoming 10 nights stay at HR Waikiki.
Does anyone have used club access cert over consecutive 7 nights?

Just burn 2 certs or do I have to split into 2 reservation? (ex. 7 nights+3 nights)
Sometimes I have split it and sometimes I have booked it as one reservation, depending on how the rate changes during the stay. If that is not an issue for you, you can do it either way.
I always ask Hyatt Concierge here on FT to apply the club access upgrade and when I had booked a stay loner than 7 nights as a single reservation they split it into 2 reservations with the same confirmation number. Note that after doing that I can no longer modify or cancel the reservation online, I either have to call or ask Hyatt Concierge to change or cancel.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything via thread search:

If I book multiple rooms at a property, can I apply Club Access Awards to each room (e.g. 3 rooms = 3 Club Access Awards)? If yes, is there a limit to how many awards can be applied?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything via thread search:

If I book multiple rooms at a property, can I apply Club Access Awards to each room (e.g. 3 rooms = 3 Club Access Awards)? If yes, is there a limit to how many awards can be applied?
I've booked 2 rooms (but not 3) and was able to apply club access awards to both rooms in our rez on multiple occasions with no issue whatsoever (mixture of point and paid rooms). In our case, the second room was for our kids. CSR told me that if our kids were staying in the same room as we were and there were only 4 of us total, then we could use one award (doesn't apply to us though b/c we have 3 kids). Seemed to me like the issue for them is the number of guests as opposed to rooms. You can send them a DM on Twitter to ask. I find they are pretty fast answering that type of question.
Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Does anyone know if advanced purchase/member advanced purchase rates are 'eligible rates' as per the WOH T&Cs? Will there be any difficulty applying a lounge cert to this rate (and if I have a stay combining this rate with a standard points/P+C award night?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.