Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Club Lounge access awards’ terms and conditions still advertise a discontinued live contact phone number. World of Hyattt incompetence.

Attempts to get the club lounge access awards to apply to point redemption stays are sometimes resulting in reps redeeming points for a club room, with or without use of the club lounge access awards. Customers unaware of the price in points for standard rooms may end up fleeced of points they don’t want to use in the way Hyatt may book them. World of Hyatt incompetence.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 26, 2018 at 6:48 pm
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
If me and my SO are on a stay, I assume 1 cert is good for the two of us?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mnredfox
If me and my SO are on a stay, I assume 1 cert is good for the two of us?
Sharing a room, yes.

The award is good for 2 people to access the lounge. But two parents and an eight-month old child sharing a room may be out of luck if trying to use just one of these awards — that’s how ridiculous this benefit’s terms and conditions are for families.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: Globallist
EVERYTHING Explorist is a joke. One month in, this is awful.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The award is good for 2 people to access the lounge. But two parents and an eight-month old child sharing a room may be out of luck if trying to use just one of these awards — that’s how ridiculous this benefit’s terms and conditions are for families.
Can one redeem 2 awards such that a family of four staying in one room can access the Club?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Can one redeem 2 awards such that a family of four staying in one room can access the Club?
No; or at least I have repeatedly heard a “no” given to that question. But many of the Regency Clubs don’t police for and enforce this anti-family Hyatt T&C.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:22 am

I have Explorist status via match from Mlife. For 2017, my Hyatt account had 4 Club passes (with expiration date at the end of March 2018). Now, in April, I don't see new passes for 2018-2019 period.
I contacted WH support, and got the following response:

"In checking your inquiry regarding your Regency Club upgrade awards, due to changes from Gold Passport to World of Hyatt, as a one time courtesy, members were given the Regency Club upgrade awards in their account. This is even if they had not met the qualifications to earn them at that time.
We show at this time, you unfortunately have not met the qualifications (30 eligible nights or 50,000 base points) to earn the Regency Club upgrade awards. Once you have met those qualifications, the awards will be downloaded into your account."

Are they correct? Does matched Explorist status not eligible for Club passes?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by danukraine
I have Explorist status via match from Mlife. For 2017, my Hyatt account had 4 Club passes (with expiration date at the end of March 2018). Now, in April, I don't see new passes for 2018-2019 period.

"In checking your inquiry regarding your Regency Club upgrade awards, due to changes from Gold Passport to World of Hyatt, as a one time courtesy, members were given the Regency Club upgrade awards in their account. This is even if they had not met the qualifications to earn them at that time.
We show at this time, you unfortunately have not met the qualifications (30 eligible nights or 50,000 base points) to earn the Regency Club upgrade awards. Once you have met those qualifications, the awards will be downloaded into your account."

I received 4 new ones when I matched back from M Life earlier this year.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
I received 4 new ones when I matched back from M Life earlier this year.
Akcae,
was it on initial match, or on second year re-match? For me, I got 4 passes on first year, but none of second year
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Akcae,
was it on initial match, or on second year re-match? For me, I got 4 passes on first year, but none of second year
This is the first time I matched from MLife to WoH. Last year I was Explorist as a soft landing from Diamond after the program changeover. When I became Explorist in March 2017, I got 4 club upgrades. I only ended up using one and three expired 2/28 this year. I matched from MLife Gold to Explorist before my status expired and shortly thereafter I saw my Explorist status extend to 2019 and 4 new club upgrades in my account.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:37 pm

I spent half an hour with Hyatt rep, and she confirmed (after lengthy hold - she was consulting with various people) that re-match of Explorist status (from Mlife Gold) doesn't award set of 4 club passes.
Only initial match does. So, there are two versions of Explorists benefits - earned by staying 30 nights at Hyatt (or spending $50k) and matched from MLife. The difference is club passes.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I spent half an hour with Hyatt rep, and she confirmed (after lengthy hold - she was consulting with various people) that re-match of Explorist status (from Mlife Gold) doesn't award set of 4 club passes.
Only initial match does. So, there are two versions of Explorists benefits - earned by staying 30 nights at Hyatt (or spending $50k) and matched from MLife. The difference is club passes.
That does not match my experience.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
+1 At least as of early March it worked automatically. Hopefully they have not "fixed" it.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Nor does it match mine.
Old May 2, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Nor does it match mine.
I too have a total of 8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.