Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I can see a lot of these expiring as unused. Can they be applied to reservations made by and for others (i.e. other than the person whose account was credited with the lounge access ecert)?
No. I asked Hyatt that specific question.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks!

Last edited by milemission; Nov 15, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just booked the Hyatt Regency Cartagena and applied my $50 USD BRG award against the reservation. So far, so good.

I called WOH Desk to apply a Club certificate and...after 15 mins on hold, then agent returns to line to advise that certificates are not applicable to BRG bookings. Except....my booking is not a BRG booking. WTH.

Is this a HUCA situation or should I just give up on WOH.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Just booked the Hyatt Regency Cartagena and applied my $50 USD BRG award against the reservation. So far, so good.

I called WOH Desk to apply a Club certificate and...after 15 mins on hold, then agent returns to line to advise that certificates are not applicable to BRG bookings. Except....my booking is not a BRG booking. WTH.

Is this a HUCA situation or should I just give up on WOH.
HUCA couldn't hurt, but I fear that the use of a BRG credit really DOES make any sort of upgrade invalid.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I'm now globalist, however I still got 2 club lounge access left from when I was explorist, are there any ways I could actually use them? i.e. use it for the second room i booked?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by hailstorm
HUCA couldn't hurt, but I fear that the use of a BRG credit really DOES make any sort of upgrade invalid.
I read the T&Cs and it does not mention anything about the Club certificates not being valid for an adjusted BRG booking nor a BRG booking with the $50 discount.

Is Hyatt really that difficult? My stay is coming up in 2 days, so I need to decide today.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I read the T&Cs and it does not mention anything about the Club certificates not being valid for an adjusted BRG booking nor a BRG booking with the $50 discount.

Is Hyatt really that difficult? My stay is coming up in 2 days, so I need to decide today.
Try DM'ing @World of Hyatt Concierge
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:22 pm

Success with HUCA. The agent yesterday was just clueless.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I'm now globalist, however I still got 2 club lounge access left from when I was explorist, are there any ways I could actually use them? i.e. use it for the second room i booked?
I was told I could use one club pass for parent room and one for second/kids room.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:44 pm

Not on annual free nights from Hyatt credit card

I was told these upgrades cannot be used on Credit card annual free nights but can be used on stays booked with points! Hyatt is becoming my least preferred chain these days. I guess I’ll stick with Marriott gold for free breakfast.
akcae likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
So you call-in immediately after you have booked your reservation?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by jacobguo
So you call-in immediately after you have booked your reservation?
You can, but don't have to. I apply the upgrade when I know for sure I won't cancel the reservation. I'm not quite sure how the upgrade award is handled if I cancel the reservation
jacobguo likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by SP03
You can, but don't have to. I apply the upgrade when I know for sure I won't cancel the reservation. I'm not quite sure how the upgrade award is handled if I cancel the reservation
It goes back to your account. I called WOH before I did this. The agent confirmed that I can have it back if I can cancel the reservation without penalty. And, I got it back.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by anzi709394
It goes back to your account. I called WOH before I did this. The agent confirmed that I can have it back if I can cancel the reservation without penalty. And, I got it back.
Is it automatic or do you have to call to have it reinstated? So if I cancel the reservation online, do I need to do anything for the upgrade award to return?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by SP03
Is it automatic or do you have to call to have it reinstated? So if I cancel the reservation online, do I need to do anything for the upgrade award to return?
No, you don't have to do anything. It goes back to your account automatically. It is like using point or cert to book a free night. If you cancel the reservation online, you get the points/cert back.

Last edited by anzi709394; Dec 27, 2017 at 8:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.