Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Useless. Should have used them earlier.

Unfortunately, I had no opportunity to. I'm going to be crossing the threshold for Globalist just a month and a half after I crossed the threshold for Explorist thanks to a 20+ consecutive night stay at a property without a lounge.

I wonder if they will put more thought in the future into making these awards useful to people who are just "passing through" the Explorist tier on the way to Globalist.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
:I wonder if they will put more thought in the future into making these awards useful to people who are just "passing through" the Explorist tier on the way to Globalist.
It would also be nice if they put more thought into making them more useful for Explorists as well, such as usable for breakfast at properties without a lounge.

As it stands, the Club Access Awards generally disincentivize Explorists from staying at Park Hyatt and Andaz if there is a GH or HR available.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It would also be nice if they put more thought into making them more useful for Explorists as well, such as usable for breakfast at properties without a lounge.

As it stands, the Club Access Awards generally disincentivize Explorists from staying at Park Hyatt and Andaz if there is a GH or HR available.
Is there a list (on FT or elsewhere) of club lounges, or some simple rule—short of looking up individual properties—for figuring out which Hyatt hotels have them?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I wonder if they will put more thought in the future into making these awards useful to people who are just "passing through" the Explorist tier on the way to Globalist.
Why should they... you have lost nothing because you were staying at a property that didn't have a lounge. Had you stayed at a property with a club they would have been useful as they were intended. And now you get the same benefits, or even better a restaurant breakfast, as the club certs on every stay.

And you can even use your points and a GOH booking to extend those benefits to others, in essence also giving them your club awards certs but even better.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I guess the aspect of the club certs is more about cost savings (use at a US club will cost them little to nothing) than providing real benefits. Otherwise they would have included breakfast at all properties from the beginning....
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
I guess the aspect of the club certs is more about cost savings (use at a US club will cost them little to nothing) than providing real benefits. Otherwise they would have included breakfast at all properties from the beginning....
Yes, I guess on average the club certs are of little value when used at US properties, but I'm at least glad that they did not exclude resorts and international properties like the old Platinum Extra certs did, but then they did allow the properties to limit availability, so I imagine not that many Explos will be able to use them at places like GH Kauai.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Yes, I guess on average the club certs are of little value when used at US properties, but I'm at least glad that they did not exclude resorts and international properties like the old Platinum Extra certs did, but then they did allow the properties to limit availability, so I imagine not that many Explos will be able to use them at places like GH Kauai.
I used one for a week stay at the HR Maui recently. It likely will be the only one I'll use of my batch of four, because I am not booking my vacations around where I can find Hyatt properties with lounges

And next year I will be credit card Discoverist.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Quick question: I am only Discoverist now - if I have a free night certificate (annual Hyatt CC free night), can I book a free night and then use my spouse's (who is Explorist) Club Upgrade certificate? She will be traveling with me.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Quick question: I am only Discoverist now - if I have a free night certificate (annual Hyatt CC free night), can I book a free night and then use my spouse's (who is Explorist) Club Upgrade certificate? She will be traveling with me.
For several reasons, no, starting with this from the T&C:
Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award
SPN Lifer and callmedtop like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
I used one for a week stay at the HR Maui recently. It likely will be the only one I'll use of my batch of four, because I am not booking my vacations around where I can find Hyatt properties with lounges

And next year I will be credit card Discoverist.
Quick question, I am booking award stay at HR Maui in Feb. Basic room. Will they allow club access with my explorist cert. This is for 4 people for 3 night stay. Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Quick question, I am booking award stay at HR Maui in Feb. Basic room. Will they allow club access with my explorist cert. This is for 4 people for 3 night stay. Thanks
I don't know about 4 people -- but for the two of us it wasn't a problem to apply the certificate to a basic (award) reservation of seven nights.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:30 pm

I don't know about 4 people -- but for the two of us it wasn't a problem to apply the certificate to a basic (award) reservation of seven nights.
Good value ^ Nice to see that someone is getting some value out of being an Explorist.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good value ^ Nice to see that someone is getting some value out of being an Explorist.
Our last hurrah with Hyatt. Used up all our points (I transferred a couple thousand URs to have enough the award), and to their credit they upgraded us from the base dumpster view rooms to a ocean view room. We had a good time.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What happens to Club lounge access awards when you become a Globalist? I'm crossing the threshold tomorrow night and still have 4 remaining in my account.

Can I convert them to points? Can I apply them to other people's reservations? Or, will they just become useless?
I can see a lot of these expiring as unused. Can they be applied to reservations made by and for others (i.e. other than the person whose account was credited with the lounge access ecert)?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:11 am

Our last hurrah with Hyatt. Used up all our points (I transferred a couple thousand URs to have enough the award), and to their credit they upgraded us from the base dumpster view rooms to a ocean view room. We had a good time.
I'm saddened that some of the most interesting posters are or will be leaving Hyatt Where am I to go for laughs
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.