Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I wonder why a property that still has club rooms available for both cash and pts bookings would think that they nearing or exceeding the capacity of their lounge and therefore cannot allow an Explo club access award. Are they perhaps keeping track of the number of Globs who have booked standard rooms?

I see these club access awards as the only really meaningful benefit of Explo status. I was hoping they would be easy to use, especially for planned vacations.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I also tried to get the certificate applied via the Twitter team and got the following response:

Hyatt Concierge - Hello! I am sorry at this time the upgrade is not available. You may check back with us periodically until then to check availability if you wish! ^th

For my dates they are now selling rooms at $549 plus 3,000 points for a club upgrade. It seems like my best course of action is going to be continuously checking with the Twitter team and then try again when I arrive. I have really enjoyed the Hyatt program until these changes, but I just can't see myself staying with them going forward unfortunately.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
For my dates they are now selling rooms at $549 plus 3,000 points for a club upgrade. It seems like my best course of action is going to be continuously checking with the Twitter team and then try again when I arrive. I have really enjoyed the Hyatt program until these changes, but I just can't see myself staying with them going forward unfortunately.
Depending on the location, my course of action without confirmable Lounge upgrade would likely be to book either Hilton (where as a Gold I have had a good track record of getting lounge access) or Marriott (Gold gives me guaranteed lounge access at many locations). No point in rewarding Hyatt for not honoring the benefits of my status.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
my course of action without confirmable Lounge upgrade would likely be to book either Hilton (where as a Gold I have had a good track record of getting lounge access) or Marriott (Gold gives me guaranteed lounge access at many locations).
Not really applicable to Kauai.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not really applicable to Kauai.
Hence the first four words of my post. Not sure why you excluded them from the quote?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hence the first four words of my post. Not sure why you excluded them from the quote?
Because you were responding to a post about lounge access on Kauai. Neither Hilton nor Marriott have a property with a lounge there. Just saving OP the time he might have wasted discovering that for himself if he had followed your advice.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Depending on the location, my course of action without confirmable Lounge upgrade would likely be to book either Hilton (where as a Gold I have had a good track record of getting lounge access) or Marriott (Gold gives me guaranteed lounge access at many locations). No point in rewarding Hyatt for not honoring the benefits of my status.
My first course of action would be to contact the property directly. They are often able to do things that WoH Staff can't.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:05 am

For regular properties, finding club upgrade availability is easy as breeze. For resort properties, it is extremely hard to utilize any club upgrade, at least for me and I seriously doubt I am alone. That's their purpose, since a family of 4 can easily spend thousands dollars more in a resort without club access. So it's against the property's benefit to offer club for "free". I guess it is time to dumb hyatt. Even hilton gold offers free breakfast.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a quick one night stay at HR Austin DT/Lake on my expiring CC night and first stay at a Hyatt since program switched to WOH.

They upgraded us to a Deluxe King Suite which was two adjoining rooms. No complaints here - basically your standard HR "suite" with dining room table, couch, bar area, and then we had the connected "regular" King room next door.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just called to check if a hypothetical seven day award booking at the HR Maui would be upgradeable. Agent confirmed, so I hung up, moved a few thousand points from UR to Hyatt and made my reservation. Called back, and no problem getting the upgrade confirmed.

Now I am down to 280 WoH points and three Exploder upgrades

Not exactly the property where I ideally wanted to burn my points and upgrade, but for various reasons it is the best choice at the moment. Plus we haven't been in Maui in 16 years (pre honeymoon trip).
Old May 5, 2017, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Possibly because I am a long-time guest, but Grand Hyatt Tokyo was generous with Explorist Club Lounge experience. Although I received no room upgrade, they did offer early check in and even offered me 4pm checkout.

They did have no record of my using an Explorist upgrade despite having written confirmation from WoH Concierge, which made check-in a tad awkward, but it all worked out eventually.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received no email confirmation after making the upgrade call. The upgrade shows as taken and in the activity shows the property. I guess I should print that out and take it with me.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:29 pm

I've stayed at GH Singapore without any status and still got 2 room upgrade - perhaps because I usually stay 2 weeks at a time. Once diamond status I got the exact same room as an upgrade. Was never able to upgrade to a suite. Now I'm explorist, so will miss out due to limited club access.

Last edited by MartyRL; May 9, 2017 at 11:37 pm
Old May 9, 2017, 11:37 pm

Does anyone know how the club access pass works? Is it per day (so you can enjoy breakfast and evening drinks?) does a single pass apply to both people if you are traveling with your spouse?
Old May 9, 2017, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MartyRL
Does anyone know how the club access pass works? Is it per day (so you can enjoy breakfast and evening drinks?) does a single pass apply to both people if you are traveling with your spouse?
Each upgrade gives you access to the lounge for the length of your stay, up to seven nights. No room upgrade, no breakfast outside the club.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.