Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by akcae
They show up under "My Awards" tab. However, I haven't tried to redeem one yet so not sure how that process would work...
I *thought* I had seen them there earlier, but now I just see my five-brand awards there.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I *thought* I had seen them there earlier, but now I just see my five-brand awards there.
Below that is a not-so-obvious section labeled "free upgrades". Click on the + on the right, and you'll see them there.

It also says to call to redeem them. I'm assuming like with DSUs in the Gold Passport (RIP) times, you could also make a reservation online and then tweet/DM Hyatt and ask them to apply.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by akcae
Below that is a not-so-obvious section labeled "free upgrades". Click on the + on the right, and you'll see them there.

It also says to call to redeem them. I'm assuming like with DSUs in the Gold Passport (RIP) times, you could also make a reservation online and then tweet/DM Hyatt and ask them to apply.
Ah, right, there they are. Thanks! The Five-Brands free night box was initially not there when I checked out my new Exploder status, and so I saw them without the need to scroll the page.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:53 am

Explorist Upgrades? What's your experience?

I know we're all talking about Globalist but wondering what the trend is for Explorist upgrades? Anyone getting club access without using an "upgrade?"
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
We have a stay booked at the GH Bali in April and called last night to apply our Club Access award. We were told on the call that it's "confirmed", and asked if we would receive an email, but the rep said "No, I can just see in the system that it's confirmed". There is nothing in our reservation on the website that indicates any sort of club access or confirmation. I have a bad feeling we will arrive in Bali very late at night and be told they have no record of this. Has anyone used a club access award yet, and was this your experience (no note on reservation or email, just blind faith)?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Marno
We have a stay booked at the GH Bali in April and called last night to apply our Club Access award. We were told on the call that it's "confirmed", and asked if we would receive an email, but the rep said "No, I can just see in the system that it's confirmed". There is nothing in our reservation on the website that indicates any sort of club access or confirmation. I have a bad feeling we will arrive in Bali very late at night and be told they have no record of this. Has anyone used a club access award yet, and was this your experience (no note on reservation or email, just blind faith)?
When I pressed for something tangible, they sent me an updated reservation with following text:

Preferences: HIGH FLOOR, CONFIRMED NON-SMOKING RM, ROLLAWAY BED REQUESTED, CLUB ACCESS CONFIRMED
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Marno
I had the same experience. Reservation isn't until November, so I'm waiting it out. The Hyatt phone rep claimed the hotel will see it in their system, so we'll see.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
When I pressed for something tangible, they sent me an updated reservation with following text:

Preferences: HIGH FLOOR, CONFIRMED NON-SMOKING RM, ROLLAWAY BED REQUESTED, CLUB ACCESS CONFIRMED
Originally Posted by jmanirish
I had the same experience. Reservation isn't until November, so I'm waiting it out. The Hyatt phone rep claimed the hotel will see it in their system, so we'll see.
Similar experience for me for an upcoming May stay in Asia. I applied the award after making a reservation and they told me I would not see a confirmation, but it was on "an internal note." I later had to change the dates and add a night. The new confirmation does say "Club Access Confirmed."

So perhaps it varies by the agent making the booking OR whether you do it alongside/before or after making your original reservation?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by KCKC
Similar experience for me for an upcoming May stay in Asia. I applied the award after making a reservation and they told me I would not see a confirmation, but it was on "an internal note." I later had to change the dates and add a night. The new confirmation does say "Club Access Confirmed."

So perhaps it varies by the agent making the booking OR whether you do it alongside/before or after making your original reservation?
Just ask the person to resend the reservation confirmation. The statement should be in the notes.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
I'm having health (memory) issues and while some days are better than others it's difficult for me to process many issues. As a 6/7 year Diamond I only qualified for Explorist until 2/18. My question concerns the four club lounge passes. If Mrs derby44 and I have a seven night stay do we only have to use one club access for those nights or do we only have access for both of us for two nights total with no further passes available? Thanks very much for your help and understanding. Best of luck to all.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by derby44
I'm having health (memory) issues and while some days are better than others it's difficult for me to process many issues. As a 6/7 year Diamond I only qualified for Explorist until 2/18. My question concerns the four club lounge passes. If Mrs derby44 and I have a seven night stay do we only have to use one club access for those nights or do we only have access for both of us for two nights total with no further passes available? Thanks very much for your help and understanding. Best of luck to all.
The Club Access Award is good for up to 7 nights. So one award will get the two of you access for your full stay. Note that these can only be used on an "eligible rate," which includes any paid rate published on the Hyatt website.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Note that these can only be used on an "eligible rate," which includes any paid rate published on the Hyatt website.
Not just eligible (paid) rates. Also point awards and point&cash.

T&C:

"Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award."
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:44 pm

beleted wrong thread
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Grand Hyatt tokyo

Small sweet gift on the room desk as before
At Nagomi, rental shoes and outfits were told as charged, i.e., $20.
No club access, but used an access certificate.
Occupancy of the Lounge was not visibly different compared to before. The same applies to Nagomi.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
What rates wouldn't qualify for using certs for club upgrades? Would Third Party Bookings from OTA like Priceline qualify? Would AMEX FHR qualify?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.