Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Explorist Experiences [Club Lounge Awards]

World of Hyatt - Explorist Experiences [Club Lounge Awards]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 18, 19, 12:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tokyoite
Wiki Link

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 10, 22, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by cwc View Post
This benefit is gone for Explorist. It used to be preload each year now you have to "earn" them
It has been like that for a while.
Old Feb 10, 22, 2:18 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by cwc View Post
This benefit is gone for Explorist. It used to be preload each year now you have to "earn" them
yes, been like this since 2018isch

master thread on Milestone Rewards.
Milestone Rewards
Old Feb 10, 22, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
As this is not an Explorist benefit but a Milestone Reward, the title of this thread is now a bit misleading.
Old Feb 10, 22, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Rumor has it that the ! triangle button in the bottom left of the posts is a good way to let moderators know of housekeeping requests.
Old Feb 11, 22, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are these being extended beyond 2/28 for those that still have them (like the suite upgrades that were extended)?
Old Feb 25, 22, 7:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Are there any reports of globalist converting the expiring 2022 club access awards to points like they did the last time?
Old Feb 25, 22, 9:48 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by KL808 View Post
Are there any reports of globalist converting the expiring 2022 club access awards to points like they did the last time?
multiple threads have been started on the topic of expiring certs. So fare it has been a clear „no no“ from Hyatt.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34017202-post2.html
Old Aug 13, 22, 9:27 pm

Ok i am pretty sure I read the wiki correctly but if I earn the 2 club longe access awards at 20 night it will grant me club lounge access but not a club level room? Also do club level rooms have to be available to apply the certificate?
Old Aug 14, 22, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
Ok i am pretty sure I read the wiki correctly but if I earn the 2 club longe access awards at 20 night it will grant me club lounge access but not a club level room? Also do club level rooms have to be available to apply the certificate?
1. Yes, the cert gets you club lounge access but does note "entitle" you to a club room. However, the property might give you a club room at their discretion, especially at properties where a club room is merely a standard room located on the same floor as the club lounge.
2. The availability of club rooms is not directly linked to the availability of using club lounge access certs. The property is allowed to limit the use of the certs depending on anticipated lounge demand. For example, if numerous members have already applied club access certs at the property, they may stop accepting new cert applications even if there are still club rooms available for sale. This has been reported to occur at properties in Hawaii, but it does not appear to be a frequent problem.
Old Aug 14, 22, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
1. Yes, the cert gets you club lounge access but does note "entitle" you to a club room. However, the property might give you a club room at their discretion, especially at properties where a club room is merely a standard room located on the same floor as the club lounge.
2. The availability of club rooms is not directly linked to the availability of using club lounge access certs. The property is allowed to limit the use of the certs depending on anticipated lounge demand. For example, if numerous members have already applied club access certs at the property, they may stop accepting new cert applications even if there are still club rooms available for sale. This has been reported to occur at properties in Hawaii, but it does not appear to be a frequent problem.
thanks for the confirmation, hoping to use the club access award at HR maui but looking to apply 8 month out from when I earn the milestone award so hopefully there is availability.
Old Aug 14, 22, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
"Club rooms" in general seem to be being phased out. Hyatt Regency Tokyo now lists rooms "with club access", meaning that you can no longer guarantee being on the formerly designed "club level" of a hotel.

Grand Hyatt Tokyo is basically the same, but they have "Premium" and "Deluxe" rooms with Club Access that more or less correspond with the old "club level" rooms, so you can book them by paying a further premium.
Old Aug 15, 22, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
"Club rooms" in general seem to be being phased out. Hyatt Regency Tokyo now lists rooms "with club access", meaning that you can no longer guarantee being on the formerly designed "club level" of a hotel.

Grand Hyatt Tokyo is basically the same, but they have "Premium" and "Deluxe" rooms with Club Access that more or less correspond with the old "club level" rooms, so you can book them by paying a further premium.
Yes, I see that you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out.

I noticed a little of that happening a few years ago but hadn't been paying much attention for the last 3 years due to first Covid and recently my own recent focus on only Park and Andaz properties. The trend seems to have really accelerated and I wonder if it is complete worldwide. I see that some of the properties I used to frequent (Osaka, Taipei, etc.) now list all of their non-suite room categories with/without club access. I wonder if this has affected club lounge crowding.
Old Aug 17, 22, 9:36 am
formerly a193991

So, as a Glob I have 8 Club Access Awards in my account and cannot really use them. On my last stay at HR Zurich Airport I used one for the 2nd room for my sister-in-law. The hotel grants club access for the 2nd room, but thought I'll use it neverless.
The award was deducted from my account after MHC applied. After check-out, it was refunded to my account again.
Old Sep 2, 22, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post

I have an upcoming reservation at HR Tokyo with a Club Access Award applied to it. However, I do not see confirmation of the Club Access Award in my reservation details on the Hyatt website - is this normal?

Does anyone know if the rooms on the higher floors of the HR Tokyo have been upgraded/renovated? If so, I might try my luck and request a room on a high floor facing the Shinjuku Park.
Old Sep 3, 22, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
So, as a Glob I have 8 Club Access Awards in my account and cannot really use them. On my last stay at HR Zurich Airport I used one for the 2nd room for my sister-in-law. The hotel grants club access for the 2nd room, but thought I'll use it neverless.
The award was deducted from my account after MHC applied. After check-out, it was refunded to my account again.
Hyatt is determined to make those useless to globs
59Impala likes this.

Search this Thread