Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Free Night Award at 60 nights]

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Free Night Award at 60 nights]

Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by janehoya
My husband is a Globalist and we are redeeming a "5-brand free night award" plus a Category 1-4 Promotion award he received when he hit 30 nights this year.

In looking at our reservation it shows the following:Additional Tax, Fees & Service Charges:CITY TAX: 10.00%CONF CTR FAC DST: 1.60%RESORT FEES: 27.90OCCUPANCY TAX: 2.00
CA TOURISM: 1.00
It's certainly not a deal breaker, but in the past I don't remember him being charged a resort fee for award nights. Is he being charged because these are "promotional" awards?
Globalists don't pay resort fees. In fact, I don't think you'll pay any of those taxes or fees on a free night cert. Looks like a generic listing of theoretically applicable charges.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Globalists don't pay resort fees. In fact, I don't think you'll pay any of those taxes or fees on a free night cert. Looks like a generic listing of theoretically applicable charges.
Thanks very much. I appreciate your response.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by janehoya
Apologies if this question has been previously asked and answered in this Forum, but I have searched in vain for the last 30+ minutes with no luck.

My husband is a Globalist and we are redeeming a "5-brand free night award" plus a Category 1-4 Promotion award he received when he hit 30 nights this year.

In looking at our reservation it shows the following:Additional Tax, Fees & Service Charges:CITY TAX: 10.00%CONF CTR FAC DST: 1.60%RESORT FEES: 27.90OCCUPANCY TAX: 2.00
CA TOURISM: 1.00
It's certainly not a deal breaker, but in the past I don't remember him being charged a resort fee for award nights. Is he being charged because these are "promotional" awards?

Thank you.
I don't know about this property in particular or CA in general, but in many locations I would expect to maybe pay the $2 Occupancy Tax and the $1 Tourism change, even on a $0 rate award stay.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I don't know about this property in particular or CA in general, but in many locations I would expect to maybe pay the $2 Occupancy Tax and the $1 Tourism change, even on a $0 rate award stay.
You typically pay nothing in the US. The only place I've ever paid anything on an award stay is in Europe.

Oh, and resort fees at Marriott. One of the two big holes in the MR program.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
I was able to redeem my night at the grand hyatt by grand central in nyc. Not a problem at all.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
OP and t&c states "Redemption of a Category 1-7 Free Night Award is subject to standard-room availability at the selected hotel...". Why (like one reported upthread about PH NYC) would 30K awards be available but not free nights. Case in question PH Paris January 2018.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:31 am

Hyatt's customer service during US night-time is not good. Was told that a member discount rate from the website is not eligible for application of suite upgrade. However, the member discount rate published on the website is, as far as I know, an "Eligible Rate." Will try again in the morning when US agents are available. Spotty customer service is the biggest turn off and begs the question, "Is loyalty worth it?"
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:12 am

Member Rate is not eligible for 6K/n upgrades
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by skaya
OP and t&c states "Redemption of a Category 1-7 Free Night Award is subject to standard-room availability at the selected hotel...". Why (like one reported upthread about PH NYC) would 30K awards be available but not free nights. Case in question PH Paris January 2018.
I can’t answer the why, but I had had the same issue with PH Maldives. I booked the room with points and then used Twitter DM to ask Hyatt Concierge if they could switch it to use the free night certificate.

I imagine the phone support people could do the same thing, and I imagine that both could manually redeem the certificate without first booking the room on points.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
Member Rate is not eligible for 6K/n upgrades
My bad. I mistaked this for the complimentary suite upgrade thread. I was able to secure the complimentary suite upgrade by calling during the day. It is true the 6k/night suite upgrade does not apply to the member rate.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:26 pm

you got a confirmed, advance (day or more before checkin) suite upgrade through Hyatt central reservations without using points or TSU?

am suspicious if yes, likely TSU upgrade where they forgot to pull the cert.

Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Just tried to use one or two of my cat. 7 free night awards at the PHNY and, even though award nights are available for 30K per night, and the standard cash rate is available at $575-, the Glob line told me that I can't use any of my free nights during an upcoming stay-this after contacting the property.

I cancelled my reservations and am moving elsewhere.

I guess I am going to have 4 TSUs and 2 free nights expire worthless this year.

Really love this program!
FWIW, I am using a free stay certificate at the PHNY on New Years Eve, so it is very true that YMMV
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just got an email saying my free night posted, even though I've only stayed 55 nights. Apologies if this was discussed elsewhere and I missed it...

Are there any benefits unique to 60 nights if you were globalist during the prior year?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:42 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by DaveH
I just got an email saying my free night posted, even though I've only stayed 55 nights. Apologies if this was discussed elsewhere and I missed it...

Are there any benefits unique to 60 nights if you were globalist during the prior year?
if you qualified for Globalist tier for 2018, then the 55 nights suffice to requalify for 2019, i.e. thru Feb 2020. no additional Globalist benefits at 60 nights. you get the 4 TSU at 55 nights as well.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:01 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DaveH

What is the expiration date of your free night ? Is it exactly 6 months from the email/post date or is it slightly longer, such as until the end of the month ? I'm hoping to use mine for a stay toward the end of June next year, and I don't want to re-qualify too early.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.