Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Free Night Award at 60 nights]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Free Night Award at 60 nights]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by beachfan
I don't have the T&C handy but I'm pretty sure that after you qualify with 60 this year, it's just 55 in 2018
This is correct.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by pWei
Longer term, it's probably better. We don't need old datapoints for what is essentially a one time thing commingling with that recurring benefit.
Old data points are better than no data points. None of the recent posts have anything to do with this thread.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
So it seems the initial award is good for a year, but the next one would only be goiod for 120 days?

another reason to hold off on night #60 for some.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
So it seems the initial award is good for a year, but the next one would only be goiod for 120 days?

another reason to hold off on night #60 for some.
That's exactly what I'm doing -- I'm hitting 59 nights in a couple of weeks and will keep it there until much later in the year, to extend the life of the TSUs and this Free Night Award.

I'm sure WoH is wagering that many Awards will lapse and not be used -- but instead as a result, I'll be moving several months of stays to other chains just because of this policy. IIRC, UA/CO tried something similar with GPUs a few years ago, and changed it back not long after -- so it's been tried before.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
That's exactly what I'm doing -- I'm hitting 59 nights in a couple of weeks and will keep it there until much later in the year, to extend the life of the TSUs and this Free Night Award.

I'm sure WoH is wagering that many Awards will lapse and not be used -- but instead as a result, I'll be moving several months of stays to other chains just because of this policy. IIRC, UA/CO tried something similar with GPUs a few years ago, and changed it back not long after -- so it's been tried before.
l'll be doing the same thing. Definitely will make sure I don't get my 60th night until end of November or December.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by SF1K
l'll be doing the same thing. Definitely will make sure I don't get my 60th night until end of November or December.
+1

They are going to lose revenue from me once I hit 59 nights or 90k points. Their seeming goal to maximize breakage on these 1 night awards will cost them in the long run in my humble opinion.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I don't have the T&C handy but I'm pretty sure that after you qualify with 60 this year, it's just 55 in 2018
Read this blog post, it clarifies it :
https://www.travelcodex.com/2017/03/...ravel+Codex%29

Here is the take-away:
Let’s look back at our five ways to qualify for Suite Upgrades with an update as to where it stands now:
Staying 60 nights in 2017 – YES!
Staying 55 nights in 2018 (and onward) – YES!
Being a Diamond member in 2016 for the 2017 status year – YES!
Lifetime Diamond members now Lifetime Globalist members – YES!
Qualifying prior to March 1st, 2017 under old Gold Passport rules (25 stay, 50 nights) with status through February 2019 – NOPE!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I was not dispelling that fact. After this year (2017), you can requalify for Globalist with just 55 nights.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Park Hyatt NY Shenanigans

Just tried to use one or two of my cat. 7 free night awards at the PHNY and, even though award nights are available for 30K per night, and the standard cash rate is available at $575-, the Glob line told me that I can't use any of my free nights during an upcoming stay-this after contacting the property.

I cancelled my reservations and am moving elsewhere.

I guess I am going to have 4 TSUs and 2 free nights expire worthless this year.

Really love this program!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And why not?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
And why not?
Well, the BS that I got from the Glob line was that the free nights come from a different inventory bucket than the 30K point awards, and you need approval from the property to book it. The Glob agent got on the phone with the PHNY and they refused to open that bucket. So SOL for me.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Well, the BS that I got from the Glob line was that the free nights come from a different inventory bucket than the 30K point awards, and you need approval from the property to book it. The Glob agent got on the phone with the PHNY and they refused to open that bucket. So SOL for me.
Why even call at all? Should be bookable online
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Sounds like yet another phone agent who doesn't know what they are talking about. Sorry to hear this!

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
Why even call at all? Should be bookable online
Was not bookable online. Every time that I started on the free night link, it took me to the 30K pts per night booking screen. I had no choice but to call.

By the way, this was specific to the PHNY. The link worked for the Andaz Fifth Ave.

I was trying to book a 5 night paid stay and adding one or two nights to it. No combination of dates would work.

Frankly, this is just more evidence of the huge devaluation of this program.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jul 24, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Apologies if this question has been previously asked and answered in this Forum, but I have searched in vain for the last 30+ minutes with no luck.

My husband is a Globalist and we are redeeming a "5-brand free night award" plus a Category 1-4 Promotion award he received when he hit 30 nights this year.

In looking at our reservation it shows the following:Additional Tax, Fees & Service Charges:CITY TAX: 10.00%CONF CTR FAC DST: 1.60%RESORT FEES: 27.90OCCUPANCY TAX: 2.00
CA TOURISM: 1.00
It's certainly not a deal breaker, but in the past I don't remember him being charged a resort fee for award nights. Is he being charged because these are "promotional" awards?

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.