FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1825293-world-hyatt-globalist-experiences-tier-suite-upgrades.html)

Markie Feb 24, 2017 9:35 pm

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]

From T&C's

h) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards:

1. Receiving Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. Upon achieving (or re-achieving) Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements detailed above, a Member will receive four (4) complimentary Room Upgrade Awards for suite accommodations (“Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards”). For Members who have received Globalist status for a multi-year term, additional Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms.

2. Redeeming Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem a Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award when making the underlying reservation. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the Suite Award Ineligible Properties or Hyatt Residence Club hotels or resorts. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that offer suite accommodations (subject to the exclusions set forth below). For purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are only valid for standard suites, defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category, and are subject to availability. There are a limited number of standard suites available at each hotel and resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards cannot be redeemed for premium suites (i.e., any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites or similar suite categories), as designated by the applicable hotel or resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only where the designated suite to be reserved is available for the entire length of the Member’s stay.

Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-7 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.

Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the following hotels or resorts: Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Park Hyatt Sydney, Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, Hyatt Regency Tulsa, Hyatt Regency Wichita, Hyatt Paris Madeleine, Hyatt Herald Square New York, Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa, Hyatt City of Dreams Manila, Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami, Hyatt Place hotels or M life Resorts.

TKKY Feb 28, 2017 11:17 pm

I tried to apply a DSU for travel later in the year today (3/1) and was told that they've not loaded them into the system. Can anyone confirm whether under WOH the DSUs are capacity controlled beyond the issue of whether there's a suite of the category that is eligible available (ex., the splash suite at the Andaz 5th)? Thx.

sfozrhfco Feb 28, 2017 11:21 pm

The upgrades were added at midnight central time. I applied mine for a stay this month in Cartagena. Was on the line for 15 minutes or as the way to apply them changed and the agent was trying to figure it out. So far have just gotten the email showing the rate went from $55/night up to $320/night. We will see how long it takes for somebody to get it through the rest of the process.

OceanBreezes Feb 28, 2017 11:34 pm

I am on the phone as they are trying to verify that they are good on award stays...they wanted to change the rate...25 minutes so far...

Update: Took 45 minutes, but all 4 of my suite upgrades are applied to award stays

Princess fiona Mar 1, 2017 12:11 am

I just did one. Took about 5 minutes via the call centre :D

sam_goh Mar 1, 2017 12:19 am

Not loaded to everyone's accounts yet... tried and not on mine :(

ceebee100 Mar 1, 2017 12:41 am

Worked for me too! Did a suite upgrade to an award stay. Excellent! So far so good for WoH! I'll be testing out the "complementary" suite upgrades soon and see if hotels are trying to game the system.

cliff9973 Mar 1, 2017 12:44 am

I noticed the terms no longer exclude hyatt house. Anyone know if that was an oversight or intentional?

solewalker Mar 1, 2017 12:56 am

I see them on my World of Hyatt homepage when I sign in, but not on my account page (reservations disappeared there, too), so the system switch over might be happening in stages.

rigel Mar 1, 2017 1:08 am

Called and applied the DSU to a C+P stay. The entire call was less than 5 mins.

FlyinHawaiian Mar 1, 2017 2:31 am

Just tried calling - the agent said the entire reservations system is down until 5am ET so no upgrades are possible until then.

cmjaffe Mar 1, 2017 4:04 am

Called in a half hour ago to apply diamond suite upgrade to c+p november stay. They were unable to confirm w hotel (surprising since its reg hours in europe entry level suite availabke for €). Hope to get confirmation. Last year only used 1SU.

FlyinHawaiian Mar 1, 2017 4:19 am

The website appears to be working now and I can see the certs in my account.

Visualp Mar 1, 2017 4:23 am

Just checked in

Just checked into a Grand Hyatt as a globalist and received a suite upgrade. So far, so good...

Biggie Fries Mar 1, 2017 4:34 am

Originally Posted by rigel (Post 27973398)
Called and applied the DSU to a C+P stay. The entire call was less than 5 mins.

Originally Posted by cmjaffe (Post 27973810)
Called in a half hour ago to apply diamond suite upgrade to c+p november stay. They were unable to confirm w hotel (surprising since its reg hours in europe entry level suite availabke for €). Hope to get confirmation. Last year only used 1SU.

Called in 20 minutes ago for C+P suite upgrade, also for Europe. Got a nice person in the off-shore (off-hours) reservation center, after about a two minute hold. At first I was told that while upgrades were available for my dates, that they could not be applied to a C+P reservation. I pushed back gently, was put on hold while a supervisor was consulted, and after another minute or two was told that it was a system problem -- that I was eligible and that they would re-book or somesuch with the C+P rate to get around the (temporary?) computer glitch.

This all happened reasonably swiftly, and intelligently, and although I am still unable to get onto the WoH website, I did get a Change e-mail that states, clear as a bell, the appropriate suite upgrade and the original C+P rate. This was a pleasant surprise, because back in the good old days (yesterday and before), it was not unusual for these Change e-mails to show (worrisomely) a different price, and you had to either wait it out or call back in to get the suite-upgraded reservation to show the original (pre-suite) price.

Color me impressed. Pity that the WoH does not have hotels where I am three weeks a year, else I would be making the effort to re-qualify as Globalist. (The CSR said "Globalist" so soothingly that it made my defenses melt.) But it doesn't, and I thus will fade out after this so-far restful Globalist year.