Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

It’s here: say hello to World of Hyatt!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It’s here: say hello to World of Hyatt!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JetAway
It seems that "progressivism" has now become a marketing tool. All the buzz words and themes are there-"a little understanding goes a long way," "For a World of Understanding," "collaborating with non-profits," etc.). As a business traveler all I want is a clean room in a convenient location with the loyalty benefits I've been promised freely given. I'm really not interested in being part of a hotel chain's imagined "community."
Completely agree.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:51 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
oh gosh... is this thread just going to be a 2nd WoH-bashing thread? I think by now, everyone should have passed the "denial phase" and have made their decision as to either stay with Hyatt or leave. No sense to keep on moaning...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We are "moaning" about the stupidity of it all.... even if you plan to make the 60 nights this year you can surely see the stupidity in announcements and language like this.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don't see the point of there being a new thread about this program and its devaluation unless and until there is a program launch that involves a major overhaul over what has already been announced about it.

World of Hyatt already gave and got its hello.

Originally Posted by zombietooth
This drivel has Pritzker family fingerprints all over it. Want to know a little about them?:

http://inthesetimes.com/article/1494...enny_pritzker/

Penny was a huge fundraiser for, and supporter of, BHO, and became his Secretary of Commerce.

Needless to say, we taxpayers have contributed mightily to the success of the Pritzker family due to their favored status, allowing them to profit mightily from government largesse and tax credits, garnered through their astute cultivation of political allies with power.

I just saw this article:

https://skift.com/2017/02/23/hyatt-g...yalty-program/

A layer cake of drivel, offering nothing of substance to business travelers, who really only care about comfort and being able to work effectively when traveling.
The Pritzker family is not just one individual; nor do they all play in the same way within or beyond Hyatt as every other member of the family. And I seriously doubt that Penny Pritzker had much -- if any -- direct involvement in the design and implementation of WOH to devalue the existing Hyatt loyalty program.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 24, 2017 at 5:28 am
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Andaz5
I agree it's really a stupid name for a frequent guest. Last week when I was checking out of a Hyatt I told the front desk clerk, "Well next time I see you I will be a Globalist". We laughed... and two of the front desk clerks agreed the tier names are... well stupid. They had also told me they have received so many complaints about the change.

On another note I'm looking forward to seeing less Diamonds (Globalist) in the club lounges comes 2018, the new 60 nights a year to qualify for top tier is really going to thin the crowd.
One unintended or not consequence could be fewer open lounges.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:42 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by rfrost
Do you think he actually BELIEVES this nonsense?
I am sure that the really BELIEVES in this.

A management listening to the customers and common sense would have immediately stopped this name change. If not being true believers of the change.

There is really no substantiation to abolish the denominations which are common to the travel world (gold, platinum, diamond) or for airlines (blue, silver, gold and one semi-secret level to lure after) and additionally fine-tune (aka cost-cut) some benefits for the most loyal guests.

IMHO using the terms Discoverist, Explorist, Globalist and some other language has to be so often repeated/chewed over that the staff believes in.

Despite the fact that the traditional denominations work better.

If you have a look on the welcome page you can see:

"thoughtful perks, personal connections,
and amazing experiences. And it revolves around you."

Whoever was paid for the creation of the whole lingo should be given the chance to do something different in the company. Four reasons:

1.) The slogan "it revolves around you" is exactly the same which was used during the start of the oneworld alliance at the beginning of the century.

2.) "Personal connections" sounds like a dedicated relationship manager. High claim and not easy to deliver. Is this a financial institution with a relationship manager for the ultra-high-net-worth individuals? Definitely not. It's a high-class and on some destinations great hotel group.

3.) "Amazing experiences": For European ears this sounds a bit exaggerated.

4.) And the best: "Thoughtful perks". AFAIK the system of collecting points and redeeeming for awards is kept unchanged. So what are the new "thoughtful perks" which are a quantum leap for th ecustomers.

If there is not something big revealed on March 1st there is high risk that customers will be disappointed.

We will see, we will see....
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have long since stopped trying to figure out in what world a "Globalist" is better than "Diamond" and why someone in the business that is supposed to be making money take a perfectly good loyalty program and shoot it full of holes and not bother to give it a decent name to try to hide what a load of crap it is.

And as has been stated above, even if the changes benefit you, you have to admit this is all a bunch of complete drivel we are being fed.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Peridot83
For those who can do the 60 nights, there are some nice additions to the program. I like that parking is free on award stays, the free nught certs, unlimited suite upgrades, and being able to use DSUs on award stays. But why on earth would you take away the amenity for globalists. It is one of those things I really look forward to when I check in at a nicer Hyatt. It makes me feel appreciated and like my loyalty is being rewarded. There is just something about having some wine and cheese delivered to the room that makes you feel like an elite. If anything the amenity at HP and HH should be enhanced. Usually its just water or maybe a small bag of pretzels. A F and B credit would be great.
The good properties do this on their own. I expect many to do so going forward.

The name bashing and irrelevant discussion needs to stop. Now I wonder if they threw them in as a red herring.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Then stop reading.... your opinion is just that. You don't get to decide how people should feel about the changes.

And with the "good properties" you mean those that don't play games with inventory or upgrade rules which GP let's them get away with. A bit if a shock I know but those are becoming the exception instead of the rule...

And there's no red herring here... just stupidity.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
After my post above I took the opportunity to remove the Hyatt Diamond from my Profile and not I did not replace it with World of Hyatt Explorist which technically I am as of Wednesday. I haven't stayed at a Hyatt since they announced this trainwreck of a new program and I doubt I will need more than one hand to count all the nights in 2017 I stay at a Hyatt as a result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.