Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WOH Globalist - Complimentary Parking on Award Stays (List)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 168
Properties that offer complimentary parking on award stays for Globs

AMERICAS

Alabama
HR Birmingham - The Wynfrey (FD advised me to self-park, but I suspect it might be free for valet as well. Honestly garage was easier though)

Arizona
HR Phoenix
HR Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch - Award (GoH) as well as paid night for Globalist
Unbound Royal Palms

California
Andaz Napa
Andaz San Diego (Valet)
Andaz West Hollywood
GH San Francisco Union Square
H Palm Springs - Complimentary Valet (usually $25)
HC Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco
HR Indian Wells - self park
HC The Pike Long Beach - Complimentary Valet (usually $21)
HR John Wayne Airport - removed from folio on request (usually $25)
HR LAX - Complimentary Valet
HR Long Beach - on check-in FD said no, 3rd party, however removed from bill (July 2017, $28/nt)
HR Mission Bay - valet or self park
HR Sacramento
HR SFO
HP Pasadena (Self-Park shared with Paseo Colorado Mall)
HP Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
PH Park Hyatt Aviara (Carlsbad, CA)
GH San Diego - Manchester Grand Hyatt Valet and self part Complimentary

Colorado
PH Beaver Creek - Complimentary Valet (usually $50)
HP Keystone (starting charging Jul 2019)
GH Denver Downtown Complimentary Valet
HR Denver Downtown At Colorado Convention Center Complimentary Valet ($52 value)

District of Columbia
GH Washington
PH Washington - complimentary valet

Florida
HC Miami South Beach, valet ($40) only no self parking
HR Coconut Point Resort & Spa, both Self and Valet
HR Grand Cypress, both self ($20) & valet ($29)
HR Miami - Valet
The Confidante, Valet only, no self parking

Georgia
Andaz Savannah, Valet, October 2022, 42$ value
GH, Buckhead, Comp. Valet
HR Atlanta, Comp. Valet
HR Savannah, complimentary self
Thompson Savannah - complimentary valet

Hawaii
GH Kauai - Complimentary valet (confirmed in email from Assistant Mgr)
HR Waikiki - Complimentary self or valet (confirmed in email from Front Office Mgr)
HC Waikiki

Illinois
PH Chicago - Complimentary Valet (usually $72) - GoH stay
Hyatt Regency Chicago - Complimentary Valet (usually $85 - updated from 67$ on 2/20/2024) - Used Platinum re-qualification cat 1-4 certificate. Had to call after the fact to have charge removed.
Chicago Athletic Association - free valet parking ($67), but they'll likely screw it up and put it on your bill, requiring you to get an adjustment
Thompson Chicago-Complimentary Valet

Indiana
HR Indianapolis - ($45) - Had to ask to have it removed

Louisiana
Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans - Complimentary Valet ($42)

Maine
HP Portland Old Port

Maryland
HR Baltimore Inner Harbor - Valet or Self Parking
Revival Baltimore - Valet
HR Chesapeake Bay Resort - complimentary "Preferred Parking" right next to the resort so you don't need to walk all the way to the free guest self parking. Use your room key to enter the lot.

Massachusetts
HR Boston - valet only, no self parking
HR Boston Harbor
HR Cambridge
Minnesota
HR Minneapolis - valet only; on cash stays, globalists also get valet at reduced rate.

Nevada
HR Lake Tahoe

New York
Andaz 5 av
HP Flushing
PH NY

Ohio
​​​​​​
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati

Oklahoma
Hyatt Regency Tulsa

Pennsylvania
Hyatt at the Bellevue
HC Center City Philadelphia, complimentary valet

Puerto Rico
HR Grand Reserve - FD advised me to self-park. (And self-park is actually closer to the rooms)

South Carolina
HR Greenville, Comp. Self Parking
HH Charleston, Comp. Valet (shares same lobby/garage as HP but did not stay there)

Texas
HP Downtown Austin - Complimentary Valet
The Driskill - Valet
HR Austin - Self park
Thompson - Valet
Tommy Austin - Valet
HR Dallas -- Valet
HR Houston Galleria - Valet
HR Houston West - Valet
HR San Antonio - Valet or self park
GH San Antonio - Self-park
HP San Antonio Rivierwalk - Self-park
HR North Dallas/Richardson - Self Park
Washington
HR Seattle - Valet, not sure on self park. Yes on self park.
HR Lake Washington - Valet or self

Virginia
Quirk Charlottesville - self park only
Quirk Richmond - self park, not sure on valet

Canada
Andaz Ottawa - valet
HR Toronto - self park
HR Vancouver - Self park (didn't try valet) - park first then get exit ticket from front desk
PH Toronto

Europe
HR Amsterdam - valet
PH Hamburg - valet
HR Köln - self-park
HR Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée - valet
PH Paris Vendome - valet
PH Milan - valet (comp verified July 2022)
PH Zurich - valet park verified April 2022
HR Zurich Airport, waved self park July 2022.

MGM in Las Vegas (complimentary parking for MGM Gold)
Excalibur (either self-park or valet but must have physical Gold card to retrieve vehicle)

Properties that don't offer complimentary parking on award stays for Globs

HR Newport Beach (#70)
HR Etoile Paris - Hotel has no parking

Properties that seem to have changed parking policy in anticipation of WoH to avoid having to grant free parking
Print Wikipost

WOH Globalist - Complimentary Parking on Award Stays (List)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:39 am

HR Austin also covered the parking on my wife's award night which was Explorist (whatever the credit card status is). That was a very nice perk.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The GH Berlin management just confirmed to me that while parking can be charged to the room it won't be waived for award stays because it's not their own parking space. The website he quoted is the usual member benefits page which contradicts his statement ("Enjoy complimentary parking on free night awards (available where parking can be charged to your room) ").
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:53 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
The GH Berlin management just confirmed to me that while parking can be charged to the room it won't be waived for award stays because it's not their own parking space. The website he quoted is the usual member benefits page which contradicts his statement ("Enjoy complimentary parking on free night awards (available where parking can be charged to your room) ").
Everyone has the right to be wrong. In this case, GH Berlin is exercising their right. In other words, they are wrong. If you paid for parking on an award stay (and the parking was charged to your room), then contact the hotel for a refund.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Everyone has the right to be wrong. In this case, GH Berlin is exercising their right. In other words, they are wrong. If you paid for parking on an award stay (and the parking was charged to your room), then contact the hotel for a refund.
In the meantime I contacted my concierge and she called me after consulting with the hotel. Apparently they have a ticket machine in their own office but getting the parking as a line item on the bill is a manual process and thus they won't waive it.
I told her that as a customer I don't care what the process is esp when three times it's been confirmed that parking can be added to the bill.
It's no longer about the cost of parking (handling twitter, email and phone call should have been much more expensive for WOH so far than 20 Euro) but out of basic principle. Apparently the GH Berlin creates fake upgrades for Globalists and it's beyond me how the hotel AND Globalist customer service wouldn't just say 'we just comp it'.
I'll report after the weekend.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:03 pm

chargeback.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:08 am

Just checked out and the agent took 20 Euro from her drawer and my parking ticket to get it paid. She then added the charge to my folio. At that point I told her that it should be free. The front desk manager overheard this and came to support her colleague. After stating a few facts and him acknowledging that they made an error before when they said that it would be free he just waived the charge.
The room 'upgrade' was from a regular room to a regular club room even though there were better rooms available. The room was also in need of some cleaning.
I'll bring the whole story up (not asking for compensation etc) to my concierge.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Does the free parking extend to valet parking? I have an award stay coming up at the Hyatt Centric New Orleans French Quarter and they only list valet parking on their website with no self-parking options.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:00 am

It generally does, in fact I've heard of some properties happily paying for valet but balking at self park. If it can be billed to room you should be good to go. Call the property to double check.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by 4aks
Andaz West Hollywood removed the valet parking charge from a full-points stay, they had to do it manually
I'm staying there next week under a free night award. I assume the free parking applies for awards as well as points.
Did you have to ask them to manually remove the charge or did they notice and take care of it on their own?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by geobrick
I'm staying there next week under a free night award. I assume the free parking applies for awards as well as points.
Did you have to ask them to manually remove the charge or did they notice and take care of it on their own?
They did it automatically for me back in March.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Had valet parking waived for my award stay at the Confidante Miami and HP Flushing.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I guess almost all the ones in the Wiki are US - because not as many people drive overseas

I just did 2 free nights at HR Amsterdam (over Easter weekend) - and confirm they gave me free valet parking. I didn't try to take my car in & out, so no idea how they might have treated that.
But I arrived on Sat afternoon - they took & parked my rental car - and I got it on Monday on check out...no charge
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
They did it automatically for me back in March.
To follow up on my own post, the Andaz in West Hollywood removed (or never applied) the parking charge without any prompting from me.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
For PHNY, is the parking free for self parking or valet parking?
I dont mind self parking, but would love to valet it instead if it is free
Old May 21, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
For PHNY, is the parking free for self parking or valet parking?
I dont mind self parking, but would love to valet it instead if it is free
Valet is free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.