Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatt in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Best Hyatt in Hawaii?

Is there a consensus on which Hyatt property is the best in Hawaii?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It's a toss up between Andaz Maui & Grand Hyatt Kauai.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mary2e
It's a toss up between Andaz Maui & Grand Hyatt Kauai.
Agree 100%, though Maui Hyatt is also very nice given the fewer points, and DSU giving you a ocean view suite, unlike the Andaz and Grand Hyatt.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Residence club maui for rooms, kauai for grounds... andaz for andazyness...
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
I would make my choice based on whether Maui or Kaui appeals to you more. The islands are so different. I like both properties on Maui and the Kaui property. Pick the island based on the type of experience you want
Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Which hotel has the better beach for swimming? I'm not a Diamond so DSU's are irrelevant for me.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Andaz and Regency Maui both have better swimmable beaches than GH Kauai. But the pool complex is better at the GH Kauai.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 7:06 pm

there is precious little that makes the island of Maui more appealing than Kauai
Old Dec 17, 2016, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Colin
there is precious little that makes the island of Maui more appealing than Kauai
But Poipu is (at least IMO) the least appealing part of Kauai.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Andaz and Regency Maui both have better swimmable beaches than GH Kauai. But the pool complex is better at the GH Kauai.
Are they truly awesome beaches or just pretty good?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
I disagree there. Maui has a lot more variety than Kauai. If you're going for raw nature Kauai is greener perhaps but 2+ weeks and it's kind of boring.

Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi
Are they truly awesome beaches or just pretty good?
They're just different. Kanaapali beach is much larger and longer and it's got black rock and lots of shops and dining (whaler's) but it's going to be more crowded. The Wailea side has good snorkeling and views of the island off shore. You can also go south towards the Fairmont and snorkel with turtles. It's more private and upscale perhaps.

I think you sold me... just booked a few rooms Christmas 2017 at the Andaz
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
We are in Kauai right now at the Grand Hyatt. We love it and would always choose it over the Hyatt's on Mauai. The pool complex is so good - you never go to the beach. We also prefer Kauai to Maui mostly for the local organic and laid back atmosphere. So, for us there is no decision.

That said - I should caveat that every stay at GH has been on a DSU with Club access as a Diamond.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by codesinvan
The pool complex is so good - you never go to the beach.
I don't understand this comment. There are some truly fabulous beaches on Kauai, particularly on the north side of the island.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't understand this comment. There are some truly fabulous beaches on Kauai, particularly on the north side of the island.
Think the OP was asking about beach on the property. Hanalei bay is a personal favorite, but staying at the GH and with traffic, that's a heck of a drive...
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Think the OP was asking about beach on the property. Hanalei bay is a personal favorite, but staying at the GH and with traffic, that's a heck of a drive...
That's right. Was asking about the beach that is right on the hotel property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.