Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt 2016 Holiday Card: THAT'S where all the Gold Passport savings are going!

Old Dec 13, 16, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite

We've been bashing Hyatt pretty thoroughly here ever since the WorldOfHurt program was announced, but tonight's Holiday card makes everything clear: Hyatt is slashing loyalty program benefits so it can make a significant - $25,000, no less - charitable donation on behalf of each of us. I don't know how many of us Diamonds there are, but it has to be at least 30,000 since that's the number of kneejerk status matches they admit to...that's more than $750 MILLION in donations.

Here's the holiday card language that tells us about this extremely generous charity (bolding mine):

"In celebration of the holiday season, we're making a donation of $25,000 on your behalf to Youth Career Initiative, our Hyatt Thrive partner dedicated to helping disadvantaged youth around the world improve their life and work skills.

As your journey continues in the New Year, we look forward to celebrating the people, places, and stories at the heart of your world with your new loyalty program, World of Hyatt, launching March 1, 2017."

If they actually make a $25,000 donation on my behalf, I'll stop complaining about the benefits they've taken away from the GP program and find a way to requalify. Otherwise, I'm still following through on my 2017 Hyatt exit program.
Old Dec 13, 16, 8:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The World of Hyatt does not revolve around you (singular) but you (plural).
Old Dec 13, 16, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
What a fraudulent claim. If they're truly making a donation "on our behalf", they wouldn't claim any tax benefit, and nobody's gullible enough to believe that.
Old Dec 13, 16, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
The World of Hyatt does not revolve around you (singular) but you (plural).
But it was addressed specifically to me - so clearly they meant ME when they wrote "YOU".... didn't they?

Hyatt's IT and Hyatt's marketing teams are starting to look equally inept: neither one can write their own language.
Old Dec 13, 16, 11:53 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SportsTech View Post
But it was addressed specifically to me - so clearly they meant ME when they wrote "YOU".... didn't they?

Hyatt's IT and Hyatt's marketing teams are starting to look equally inept: neither one can write their own language.
When they said that you would love the new World of Hyatt, did you also think they were speaking directly to you? There is some you out there that may like the changes but most of us "yous" laughed at the suggestion.

J. Zidell actually wrote, "We designed the program for you." Oh really, this you was never consulted and wants nothing to do with this "gift." Come on, the real message is clearly they don't give a **** about you with a dare to not stay at a Hyatt again. Many people will march right into the slaughter house while Hyatt counts all the pennies they save.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Dec 14, 16 at 12:00 am
Old Dec 14, 16, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
We've been bashing Hyatt pretty thoroughly here ever since the WorldOfHurt program was announced, but tonight's Holiday card makes everything clear: Hyatt is slashing loyalty program benefits so it can make a significant - $25,000, no less - charitable donation on behalf of each of us. I don't know how many of us Diamonds there are, but it has to be at least 30,000 since that's the number of kneejerk status matches they admit to...that's more than $750 MILLION in donations.
Looks like the Diamonds got shafted again. This Platinum member got the same $25,000 donation.
Old Dec 14, 16, 12:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
A more accurate claim will be, we donated $25,000 on your (all >30,000 of you) behalf, so that's more like 50 cents for each of you. Yep, and that's why you're just getting 1 bottle of water as your WoH globalist benefit.
Old Dec 14, 16, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by solewalker View Post
A more accurate claim... (all >30,000 of ... that's more like 50 cents for each of you.
well, now that notquiteaff has let us know that even lowly Platinums were included, it's more like 200,000 people - so somewhere south of 8 cents apiece.

Hyatt's generosity on our behalf is truly breathtaking. Apparently they've been taking lessons on charitable giving from our new president-elect.
Old Dec 14, 16, 10:30 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Always something to whine about. Keep up that holiday spirit. Bravo.
Old Dec 15, 16, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Apparently they've been taking lessons on charitable giving from our new president-elect.
Apparently, you haven't heard of Penny Pritzker, huge pal of BO. See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Pritzker
Old Dec 15, 16, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
"Hi, we're donating money to our CEO's favorite charity, and putting your names on it even if you don't support it. Joke's on you!" At least they're not tacking the donation onto our hotel bills like Starwood does.
Old Dec 15, 16, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
Always something to whine about. Keep up that holiday spirit. Bravo.
Definition of whine
intransitive verb
...2 : to complain with or as if with a whine <always whining about the weather>

Definition of derision
a : the use of ridicule or scorn to show contempt
b : a state of being laughed at or ridiculed : a state of being derided
2 : an object of ridicule or scorn

Definition of apologist
: one who speaks or writes in defense of someone or something
See apologist defined for English-language learners

I'm not seeing any whining in this thread; I've posted a couple other definitions that might help you understand the discussion.
Old Dec 16, 16, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
I replied to the email with this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: