Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

No more suite upgrade awards for status matched diamonds?

Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I am sure I am not the only one with this quesiton.
I was a long term SPG platinum, and earlier this year I matched to Hyatt diamond and got 4 suite awards. Enjoyed and worked hard to requalify diamond for next year. Finally I reached diamond again last month, and just now when I checked I didn't get any new suite upgrade awards.
So I called diamond line, and was told by one representive that since I got 4 earlier this year because of status match, I won't get any new ones although I qualified again.
Called again, and another representive told me that since Hyatt is changing the program next year, nobody is going to get new awards until we requalify globlist next year.

Don't feel it makes sense, but that is what those people said. Is anyone in the same situation?

thanks in advance.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjj0002
....I was a long term SPG platinum, and earlier this year I matched to Hyatt diamond and got 4 suite awards. Enjoyed and worked hard to requalify diamond for next year. Finally I reached diamond again last month, and just now when I checked I didn't get any new suite upgrade awards.......
You have received DSU for 2016. Your DSU for 2017 will be available in March 2017. This applies to all.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 12:17 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We status matched in November 2015 and received 4 DSUs immediately and 4 in March 2016 (8 total)
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jjj0002
Called again, and another representive told me that since Hyatt is changing the program next year, nobody is going to get new awards until we requalify globlist next year.
They really have put a lot of effort into training their staff in the details of the new program and how the transition works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.