Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run - Credit for two stays for two bookings on same night?

Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, SPG

If I were to book two different Hyatt properties, say on Monday night, and physically check into both of them, would I be credited with one stay or two?

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP CONKEY, HYATT GLOB, SPG PLAT
1 only. Wish that worked, but it doesn't.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ahhhh... it must be December... when thoughts turn to mileage and mattress runs instead of celebrating the holidays with the family.

1 stay/night credit per calendar night, no matter how many hotels you are checked into. You have to stay Monday at Hotel A and Tuesday at Hotel B to get 2 stay credits.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Ahhhh... it must be December... when thoughts turn to mileage and mattress runs instead of celebrating the holidays with the family.
In addition to people asking the same question over and over and over again because they can't read the TOS on Hyatt or use the search function here on FT. This gets asked once a week.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by austin_modern
In addition to people asking the same question over and over and over again because they can't read the TOS on Hyatt or use the search function here on FT. This gets asked once a week.
Also, the Hyatt website will let me book a Cat. 7 with my Cat. 1-4 free night. Is this a glitch or am I just the luckiest person ever?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Also, the Hyatt website will let me book a Cat. 7 with my Cat. 1-4 free night. Is this a glitch or am I just the luckiest person ever?
They do show up under your award offering for any hotel, but if you proceed to try to book it, I believe it will not go through. I've tried that before. So I doubt you can really "book" a cat 7 with your cat 1-4 free night. You can only "dream about booking" it.
So you can say it's a glitch in as much that it should really not show up as a possibility.
Let us know if however you are able to proceed with the actual booking. It'd be interesting to know.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:34 am

Why dont I get night credits for my points stays?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
They do show up under your award offering for any hotel, but if you proceed to try to book it, I believe it will not go through. I've tried that before. So I doubt you can really "book" a cat 7 with your cat 1-4 free night. You can only "dream about booking" it.
So you can say it's a glitch in as much that it should really not show up as a possibility.
Let us know if however you are able to proceed with the actual booking. It'd be interesting to know.
Hoisted with my own petard.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Why dont I get night credits for my points stays?
Don't forget "do I have to check-in in person or can I book a cheap prepaid room in India?"
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Don't forget "do I have to check-in in person or can I book a cheap prepaid room in India?"
Speaking of international:
- why cant non-US customers have a hyatt visa card?
- Are you sure I cant use a corporate rate code in Japan Im not entitled to?
- I was a boy scout, can I use the government rate for my vacation?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.