Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sydney REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sydney REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This property appears to have undertaken a fairly substantial renovation to the old wing. The old Four Points rooms have had a makeover, replacing carpets, curtains, furniture. Bathrooms appear to be the same though. Overall a much more modern look for the rooms, the regular rooms feel more spacious now due to the wall mounted televisions.

Renovated 1 King Bed Harbour View with Balcony

Renovated Harbour View Balcony Suite
ryandc99 and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is the lounge at this hotel open?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Is the lounge at this hotel open?
I don't believe so, no. The hotel isn't selling club rooms for the length of its booking calendar.
Old May 6, 2022, 6:29 pm

Hi, i can’t seem to book rooms here for two adults and two children. Can I book for only 2 adults and 1 child and arrive with 2 kids?
Old May 6, 2022, 8:26 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Hi, i can’t seem to book rooms here for two adults and two children. Can I book for only 2 adults and 1 child and arrive with 2 kids?
The rooms are extremely small so I suspect maximum occupancy is 3 unless in a suite.

Try contacting the property directly.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
No food points credit for lounge closure

Is this normal for Hyatt when lounge is closed there’s no food credit? I just left Westin Singapore I got $100 food credit per night. Australia has been fully open with no restrictions. COVID is not an excuse. Thanks
Old May 8, 2022, 12:27 am

Back in the days of Gold Passport there used to be a clause where points were provided when the lounge was closed. That was enhanced away when WoH was introduced. These days the only requirement is that the hotel provides breakfast, which HR Sydney does.

I agree that it's poor form that the lounge has yet to open. I'm a relatively frequent guest at this property and have mentioned this to both my concierge and directly to the hotel as part of feedback surveys on stays. My concierge stated the lounge will open "re-open in the first half of next year" (2023!!), and the property themselves advised me that they are "in the process of bringing the lounge back but do not have a date".
Old May 8, 2022, 12:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The lounge at this property is its best feature in what is otherwise a largely lacklustre hotel that charges too much.

Lounges at the Sheraton and Marriott are open.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
Ya I agree lounge is the only highlight here. I have a cat 1-4 cert to burn. I stayed at Sheraton before my trip to Singapore. Lounge was open from noon or something. I had Breakfast in the restaurant which is great. A little packed after 9am. I mean food is not as expensive as before due to weak Aussie dollar and huge inflation in the states but just don’t feel comfortable when receiving welcome letter saying lounge closed and no food credit at venues on site.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by kingscross
I stayed at Sheraton before my trip to Singapore. Lounge was open from noon or something. I had Breakfast in the restaurant which is great.
For which property is it - Sheraton on Hyde Park or HR Sydney? I believe now Sheraton opens the lounge from 6.30am. Do you mean HR opens the lounge from noon and you could have a full breakfast in HR restaurant? Or all in story is about for another Sheraton?
Old May 12, 2022, 9:12 pm

Checked in again this week. This time they offered a cocktail voucher at Jackalberry as a token gift for the lounge not being open.

Don't think it's a proper alternate option, but at least it's seomthing.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I am gifting a night at PH Sydney or 3 nights at HR Sydney (in a suite) to my son and his wife over the long weekend in June. For those 'in the know' , which would you suggest is the better choice? I am a Globalist but also realise it is VIVID in Sydney so know there is no guarantee on getting them the best room at PH . But they DO get a guarantee of a suite at HR.
Just want them happy.....indulged and spoilt rotten millennials.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:32 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by frogss29
I am gifting a night at PH Sydney or 3 nights at HR Sydney (in a suite) to my son and his wife over the long weekend in June. For those 'in the know' , which would you suggest is the better choice? I am a Globalist but also realise it is VIVID in Sydney so know there is no guarantee on getting them the best room at PH . But they DO get a guarantee of a suite at HR.
Just want them happy.....indulged and spoilt rotten millennials.
Vivid PHS >>>> Vivid HR.

That said, if the suite is the preference, just book that and they can walk around the Harbour. There will be so many people I would rather see it from the comfort of the balcony of the PHS.

Why don't you just book on points and use Guest of Honour?
Old May 13, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
mOhamed, thank you....you were exactly who I was hoping would reply. . I am using guest of honour/points. Thing is, it is either 3 nights at HR (45,000 points) in a suite, or 40,000 points at PH. We have never stayed at HR. But PH is our favourite hotel. I just worry that they wont get a good room because of VIVID where they are guaranteed a suite at HR.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by frogss29
mOhamed, thank you....you were exactly who I was hoping would reply. . I am using guest of honour/points. Thing is, it is either 3 nights at HR (45,000 points) in a suite, or 40,000 points at PH. We have never stayed at HR. But PH is our favourite hotel. I just worry that they wont get a good room because of VIVID where they are guaranteed a suite at HR.
Unless you're using a TSU, they're not guaranteed a suite. And the 'suite' that the Regency uses for TSUs is not a true suite anyway. This hotel is not not known for adhering to the Globalist upgraded room benefit even for Globalists staying under their own name, let alone under a GOH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.