Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

31 DEC nights: counts towards 2016 or 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

31 DEC nights: counts towards 2016 or 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by RTW1
If it's the same property I wouldn't count on it.... even though you have different rates the property is unlikely to check you out 4 times, the property or WOH will merge the stays.
Pretty standard to get one bill. Maybe change the points reservation to your wife or ask the property to do a checkout after those 2 nights if they are willing?

Whatever you do don't count on WOH to be helpful here if you need those 2017 nights.
I think you may have misunderstood me. I want the nights to count for 2018, not 2017.

I'm certain the hotel will not check me out and that they will put it all on one bill.

From what I've read in this thread, I'm assuming that WoH will also count the qualifying nights in Dec for 2018, even though there will be some non-qualifying nights between them and the qualifying nights in Jan, and I just want to be certain that this assumption is correct.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by MarkOK
In contrast, I had a back-to-back reservation (first on points+cash, then on cash) with two different bills, invoices, checkouts and my nights counted upon check-out each time (first night hit my balance the day of its checkout and the second nights check-in).

Really, I think it all comes down to the property -- whether they process a check-out or not after each reservation. In some sense, I dare to say it should be easy enough to ask them to bill/check you out either all at once or process your checkouts with each separate reservation, such that you get your nights credited how you want.
That is interesting. I've had many stays at various properties with multiple reservations (P&C for some nights and cash for others), and I've never had a property issue separate invoices. Everything has always been been combined in a single invoice at the final checkout and I've always accurately gotten only a single stay credit.

Still as you say, it might be wise for me on this occasion to confirm at checkin that there will be a single invoice at checkout and I definitely want these 2 nights to count for 2018 and not 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.