Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PoincianaKings
Public Transportation Options

Buses currently cost £1.75 each way.

Payment can be made with Oyster cards and contactless payment methods. No cash, no credit cards requiring signatures / PINs, etc.

From / To Terminal 5

Bus 423. Departs T5 local buses lane, bus stop 1. (outside on arrivals level, past entrance to Heathrow Express / Elizabeth Line / Piccadilly Line). Get off the bus at the bus stop called "Compass Centre", all London buses announce the next stop on the digital dot matrix screens. Bus stop is in front of hotel.

To return to T5, cross street at traffic light, bus stop is on the right. Bus stop BW (as indicate by the red sign with BW written in white above the bus stop sign). T5 is the last stop for the bus.

From / To Terminals 2/3

Bus U3. Departs Heathrow Central Bus Station. (Follow signs to London Underground station, then up stairs / lift to bus station) The bus stop for the Hyatt Place is called "Compass Centre" - across the street from hotel.

To return to T2/3, the bus stop is in front of hotel.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by coggie
could that be because Gold Passport doesn't exist anymore? it's World of Hyatt.
That's not the reason!
Old May 17, 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by sdadept
just denied breakfast as a globalist here at the hyatt place london heathrow. Just me and my wife and denied for both. The front desk guy said they were one of the few who didn't do that (woohoo, hello 1 star review). Also, they require deposit of 30 gbp that they say will be refunded. Was the check in person just uninformed or is this the case?
They do have a carve-out in the WoH rules allowing them to deny breakfast. In the past this was usually a clerical error but they may have woken up to their exemption I suppose. The breakfast benefit for Globalist is not valid at Hyatt Place hotels, but as most have free breakfasts anyway it's academic in most locations. HP LHR is an exception as they charge for breakfast.

Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion. (For stays at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Globalists will instead be provided with daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.) Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Not valid at Miraval, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I stayed here twice during the Hyatt promo. Last stay was 6 May. No problem getting my free breakfast.

As for the "deposit", most, if not all, decent hotels pre-authorise the room charge + an amount for incidentals. When using a credit card with sufficient headroom, this should never matter as your card isn't actually charged. You can occasionally refuse this by saying that you want to pay in advance and not be able to charge anything to your room.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:03 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Markie
They do have a carve-out in the WoH rules allowing them to deny breakfast. In the past this was usually a clerical error but they may have woken up to their exemption I suppose. The breakfast benefit for Globalist is not valid at Hyatt Place hotels, but as most have free breakfasts anyway it's academic in most locations. HP LHR is an exception as they charge for breakfast.

Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion. (For stays at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Globalists will instead be provided with daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.) Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Not valid at Miraval, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts.
This section only pertains to Hotels with a Lounge, so would not apply to HP (as they never have lounges).

However, this clause could apply for Hyatt Place for Globalists:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...r_globalist_en

Hotel perks

Get the most out of your stay at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts when paying an eligible rate or redeeming an award night.
  • Stay connected with complimentary premium Internet where available
  • Savor free breakfast at participating Hyatt Place hotels (in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India, complimentary breakfast may not be available to all members)
  • Quench your thirst with a bottle of water daily
  • Enjoy an upgraded room based on availability at check-in, up to standard suites
  • Expedite check-in at a dedicated area reserved for elite members
  • Extend your stay until 4:00 PM upon request (subject to availability at some locations)
  • Enjoy complimentary parking on free night awards (available where parking can be charged to your room)
  • Relax in the Club lounge with continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres daily. Or, enjoy complimentary full breakfast daily for each registered guest (up to 2 adults and 2 children) at Hyatt hotels and resorts without a Club lounge.
  • Receive priority access to available rooms when checking in early
  • Enjoy waived resort fees on free night awards and eligible rates
Old May 18, 2019, 4:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 59Impala
This section only pertains to Hotels with a Lounge, so would not apply to HP (as they never have lounges).

However, this clause could apply for Hyatt Place for Globalists:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...r_globalist_en

Hotel perks

Get the most out of your stay at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts when paying an eligible rate or redeeming an award night.
  • Stay connected with complimentary premium Internet where available
  • Savor free breakfast at participating Hyatt Place hotels (in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India, complimentary breakfast may not be available to all members)
  • Quench your thirst with a bottle of water daily
  • Enjoy an upgraded room based on availability at check-in, up to standard suites
  • Expedite check-in at a dedicated area reserved for elite members
  • Extend your stay until 4:00 PM upon request (subject to availability at some locations)
  • Enjoy complimentary parking on free night awards (available where parking can be charged to your room)
  • Relax in the Club lounge with continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres daily. Or, enjoy complimentary full breakfast daily for each registered guest (up to 2 adults and 2 children) at Hyatt hotels and resorts without a Club lounge.
  • Receive priority access to available rooms when checking in early
  • Enjoy waived resort fees on free night awards and eligible rates
And that only says "Enjoy an upgraded room. . . up to a standard suite". The Hyatt website is riddled with contradictory and ambiguous information.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by danger
And that only says "Enjoy an upgraded room. . . up to a standard suite". The Hyatt website is riddled with contradictory and ambiguous information.
VII. Breakfast Benefit at Participating Hyatt Place Hotels

For reservations with a check-in date on or after November 1, 2018, booked on or after September 15, 2018, Members staying at a participating Hyatt Place hotel who have paid an Eligible Rate or redeemed a Free Night Award for the applicable night will receive complimentary breakfast the following morning when breakfast is available (which includes standard breakfast buffet (with coffee, juice, and/or milk), as well as tax and gratuity) for each registered guest in the room. Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Valid only at participating Hyatt Place hotels and no other hotel or resort or other property. This benefit is not valid at the following non-participating Hyatt Place hotels: Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport, Hyatt Place Goa Candolim, Hyatt Place Gurgaon/Udyog Vihar, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, Hyatt Place Rameswaram, and Hyatt Place West London/Hayes. Some Hyatt Place hotels may offer complimentary breakfast to all guests, in which case Members will not receive any additional or substitute benefit.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott

For reservations with a check-in date on or after November 1, 2018, booked on or after September 15, 2018, Members staying at a participating Hyatt Place hotel who have paid an Eligible Rate or redeemed a Free Night Award for the applicable night will receive complimentary breakfast the following morning when breakfast is available (which includes standard breakfast buffet (with coffee, juice, and/or milk), as well as tax and gratuity) for each registered guest in the room. Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Valid only at participating Hyatt Place hotels and no other hotel or resort or other property. This benefit is not valid at the following non-participating Hyatt Place hotels: Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport, Hyatt Place Goa Candolim, Hyatt Place Gurgaon/Udyog Vihar, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, Hyatt Place Rameswaram, and Hyatt Place West London/Hayes. Some Hyatt Place hotels may offer complimentary breakfast to all guests, in which case Members will not receive any additional or substitute benefit.
Originally Posted by danger
Refer the hotel to this Hyatt website: https://www.hyatt.com/development/ourbrands/hyattplace:
Free breakfast for World of Hyatt members
Paying a deposit is standard at any hotel, in my experience.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
yea, the deposit wasn't a big deal because its my plat amex. I just thought it strange since I almost never see other hyatt properties do this. The breakfast thing just sits wrong with me as its one of the reasons I poured 104 nights into hyatt last year and 40 so far this. For this and other reasons such as not being able to turn the temp below 72f (22c) I'm 1 staring it on trip advisor. This is the first 1 star I've given a hotel in 20+ reviews but they earned it in many many ways (not just the breakfast). Will avoid this property in the future.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:48 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!

Am am I reading this correctly to mean that Joe-No-Status doesn't get comp breakfast at these specific named Hyatt Places, while Harry-Globalist would get free breakfast? Or does it mean no free breakfast for any elite level including Globalist guests?
Old May 19, 2019, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Am am I reading this correctly to mean that Joe-No-Status doesn't get comp breakfast at these specific named Hyatt Places, while Harry-Globalist would get free breakfast? Or does it mean no free breakfast for any elite level including Globalist guests?
Yes indeed very confusing.
So, as I understand it, these properties charge for breakfast to everyone and CAN charge Globalists too.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:23 pm

Had an overnighter early this month in Heathrow to catch an early flight the following morning. There are plenty of free busses to get to the property without the Hotel Hoppa. In fact, the hotel has a little slip showing all the free buses to all the terminals. The elevator was broken and the reception said they have been waiting for parts for a month already. Only one elevator operating and the wait was long. You can ask the reception to scan you into the service elevator going up but not coming down. I was lucky to get a room right by the stairs on the first floor. All else the same, not a bad place for £65 on bath rd for a quick overnight.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:59 am

All lifts working on my stay last night. Reception check-in was a bit slow. They honoured my early check-in request but there was no upgrade for the this Lifetime Globalist. They have increased the Room Service Tray charge to £4.50. No tip was requested. The small snack offering location by Reception wanted £2 for a Mars Bar!
They did give me a free cooked breakfast as a Globalist.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Decided to stop here after landing late in London in order to trigger the 2x points promo at a longer stay at Andaz Liverpool St London starting tonight. 1st time ever staying in a HP (I have booked mattress runs but never actually stayed overnight).

1) you can take 423 bus for free to hotel. Or 350 that gets off at Hong Kong London restaurant and then walk 5-10mins to hotel. Convenient. Free. There is a Hopper bus for 6 GBP. I'll be honest - I'm not good with figuring out buses but this was ok. This might have been my 1st bus ride in 10+ years.

2) There is not much around hotel. The Chinese restaurant was ok and I walked past a Turkish and Indian restaurant on way back to hotel

3) The room was surprisingly comfortable, especially the bed and sheets. Far superior to most (all?) cheap airport hotels I've been to like 4p Boston. The room was nicer than a lot of Sheratons and Marriotts I've stayed at in US.

They tried to make the closet cute in design and lighting

4) they knew I like water and had extra bottles waiting in room

5) I've been given free breakfast I think because I'm globalist. Haven't had it yet as opens at 6am

6) gym open 24 hours in basement. I'll wait to see Andaz one for workout today.

7) no suite upgrade. Front desk seemed surprised when I said Globalists in GH, PH etc get suite upgrades when available. I'm not familiar with HP so not sure if these are no suite hotels or if. globalists simply don't get

All in all, happy at such a low rate as well as way to trigger the 2x bonus. Now, I'm trying to decide whether I take an Uber to Andaz or if I'll go on adventure and try a bus back to Heathrow and try the tube.

Never bad to save money.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP

7) no suite upgrade. Front desk seemed surprised when I said Globalists in GH, PH etc get suite upgrades when available. I'm not familiar with HP so not sure if these are no suite hotels or if. globalists simply don't get

No suite upgrades at HP's I am afraid.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Any recent stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.