Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PoincianaKings
Public Transportation Options

Buses currently cost Ł1.75 each way.

Payment can be made with Oyster cards and contactless payment methods. No cash, no credit cards requiring signatures / PINs, etc.

From / To Terminal 5

Bus 423. Departs T5 local buses lane, bus stop 1. (outside on arrivals level, past entrance to Heathrow Express / Elizabeth Line / Piccadilly Line). Get off the bus at the bus stop called "Compass Centre", all London buses announce the next stop on the digital dot matrix screens. Bus stop is in front of hotel.

To return to T5, cross street at traffic light, bus stop is on the right. Bus stop BW (as indicate by the red sign with BW written in white above the bus stop sign). T5 is the last stop for the bus.

From / To Terminals 2/3

Bus U3. Departs Heathrow Central Bus Station. (Follow signs to London Underground station, then up stairs / lift to bus station) The bus stop for the Hyatt Place is called "Compass Centre" - across the street from hotel.

To return to T2/3, the bus stop is in front of hotel.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:31 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Any recommendations on options to get to the hotel after an arrival into T4 (around 6:30pm on a Sat). It’s been years since I arrived into T4! Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Any recommendations on options to get to the hotel after an arrival into T4 (around 6:30pm on a Sat). It’s been years since I arrived into T4! Thanks.
TfL recommends travelling to T1/2/3 and then getting the bus!
There is of course the Hotel Hoppa.
AJLondon likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:28 am

Stayed twice this week and overall good stay at very reasonable prices (79GBP and 99GBP). On principal I try to avoid Hotel Hoppa as its another example of how LHR tries to extract as much money as they can from you and is the only Airport I know of that charges for Airport Hotel transfers. Anyway was pleasantly supplied that the 7 and U3 free TFL bus service was really quick and easy and I think it's quicker and more frequent than the Hoppa
BTA likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmanc
Stayed twice this week and overall good stay at very reasonable prices (79GBP and 99GBP). On principal I try to avoid Hotel Hoppa as its another example of how LHR tries to extract as much money as they can from you and is the only Airport I know of that charges for Airport Hotel transfers. Anyway was pleasantly supplied that the 7 and U3 free TFL bus service was really quick and easy and I think it's quicker and more frequent than the Hoppa
Hotel Hoppa has nothing to do with LHR extracting money. It has rather more to do with avoiding congestion into and at the airport, that would arise from individual hotels running their own shuttles.

Equally the free local buses are there so staff don't feel the need to drive into the airport.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
The local buses are so much better and more frequent. I gave up on the Hotel Hoppa - a rip off and highly unreliable. I just take an uberx if the public buses won't work.

I've been staying here quite a bit and it's fine. I think the beds are more comfortable than most luxury hotels.

I've been annoyed with the Breakfast treatment. Was incorrectly charged as a Globalist. Also wasn't allowed to have a colleague join me since my room only had 1 guest (me). I thought that was tacky considering how often I stay here and the rare times I eat breakfast.

The lobby can be quite busy, although the line moves fast. Do wish they'd have a dedicated Globalist line but I've never seen one at a Hyatt Place.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Hotel Hoppa has nothing to do with LHR extracting money. It has rather more to do with avoiding congestion into and at the airport, that would arise from individual hotels running their own shuttles.
LOL, if it truly was to reduce congestion this would be a free to low cost service. Of course there is a cost of running the service but it could be subsidized by hotels (which no longer have to operate their own shuttles) as well as HAH, since this is a public and environmental service to to reduce congestion, be friendlier to the environment with less idling of dirty shuttle buses etc. However the reality is that the cost is 9GBP (which keeps rising) and is operated by a publicly traded for profit entity that expects to generate approx. GBP 200k profit from the service. There are plenty of other busy airports around the world that have lots of hotels close by that don't see the need to have a pay for hotel shuttle service to reduce congestion.

Last edited by Markie; Nov 2, 2018 at 10:17 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Duke777
I've been annoyed with the Breakfast treatment. Was incorrectly charged as a Globalist. Also wasn't allowed to have a colleague join me since my room only had 1 guest (me). I thought that was tacky considering how often I stay here and the rare times I eat breakfast.
I always make sure that I have two guests listed on the booking, even if I'm staying solo - rates are generally the same.

Also, for breakfast, the T&C now give this place, the Hayes HP and some others an out from comp breakfast:
Originally Posted by serfty
Looks like it is being specifically stated that full breakfast will no longer be complimentary to all WoH members even on eligible rates from November 1st for some properties:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...erms.html#/IIB

V. Breakfast Benefit at Participating Hyatt Place Hotels

For reservations with a check-in date on or after November 1, 2018, booked on or after September 15, 2018, Members staying at a participating Hyatt Place hotel who have paid an Eligible Rate or redeemed a Free Night Award for the applicable night will receive complimentary breakfast the following morning when breakfast is available (which includes standard breakfast buffet (with coffee, juice, and/or milk), as well as tax and gratuity) for each registered guest in the room. Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Valid only at participating Hyatt Place hotels and no other Hyatt hotel or resort, M life Rewards destination, or other property. This benefit is not valid at the following non-participating Hyatt Place hotels: Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, Hyatt Place Hyderabad/Banjera Hills, Hyatt Place Rameswaram, and Hyatt Place West London/Hayes. Some Hyatt Place hotels may offer complimentary breakfast to all guests, in which case Members will not receive any additional or substitute benefit.
What is not clear is if even 'continental' will be available at those properties.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:30 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
At many hotels, if I book two rooms (one for me, one for family members), and it's all under one bill ... the hotel extends Globalist breakfast benefit to both rooms. Does anyone know whether the HP London Heathrow will extend Globalist benefits to the second room?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@CloudCoder Given that complimentary Globalist breakfast may not be a given in any case (see previous post no. 67) I would not assume anything.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:53 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by serfty
@CloudCoder Given that complimentary Globalist breakfast may not be a given in any case (see previous post no. 67) I would not assume anything.
The stay is in January 2019. My Concierge said that Globalists get free breakfast. She also said that according to Hyatt policy, the second room does NOT get free breakfast. She added that the Concierge service can book rooms according to Hyatt's policy. Therefore she booked two rooms in two separate reservations. (Interestingly, both reservations have the verbiage about Globalist Booker, Globalist Upgrade, etc.).

Since I'm paying for the whole shebang, I like to leave fewer chances for error. So I went in and fixed the booking(s) she made. Now there are two rooms in a single reservation.

I believe that EVERY time at EVERY property, whenever I've booked multiple rooms in the same rez, ALL the rooms received Globalist privileges. But with this particular property, it's hard to say. The concierge made it seem like if the two rooms were in the same rez, then everyone gets free brekkie, and that's a violation of Hyatt's policy. So, I booked the room myself, because I don't personally have a policy like that, LOL.

Like many other contributors to this thread, I've stayed there many times when I had an early morning flight out of Heathrow. Thus I've -never- had breakfast in their hotel, because I checked out long before breakfast started. Perhaps they can look and see that they owe me at least 8 breakfasts that I never consumed? (just kidding ... but then again ...)

My Concierge says that the hotel charges non-Globalists 18.95 GBP for breakfast, which seems a bit high. I might just phone the manager and find out beforehand what the story is supposed to be.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
My Concierge says that the hotel charges non-Globalists 18.95 GBP for breakfast, which seems a bit high. I might just phone the manager and find out beforehand what the story is supposed to be.
Yes, reaching out to the property may assist. Good luck, it will be interesting to see how it goes.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just an oddity I noticed last time I was there. The room service order I placed didn't credit in the spend for my Gold Passport account. It posted the ex-tax room rate OK.
My Concierge sorted it, but as it has happened twice I thought I would warn others.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
just denied breakfast as a globalist here at the hyatt place london heathrow. Just me and my wife and denied for both. The front desk guy said they were one of the few who didn't do that (woohoo, hello 1 star review). Also, they require deposit of 30 gbp that they say will be refunded. Was the check in person just uninformed or is this the case?
Old May 17, 2019, 5:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sdadept
just denied breakfast as a globalist here at the hyatt place london heathrow. Just me and my wife and denied for both. The front desk guy said they were one of the few who didn't do that (woohoo, hello 1 star review). Also, they require deposit of 30 gbp that they say will be refunded. Was the check in person just uninformed or is this the case?
Refer the hotel to this Hyatt website: https://www.hyatt.com/development/ourbrands/hyattplace:
Free breakfast for World of Hyatt members
Paying a deposit is standard at any hotel, in my experience.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Markie
Just an oddity I noticed last time I was there. The room service order I placed didn't credit in the spend for my Gold Passport account. It posted the ex-tax room rate OK.
My Concierge sorted it, but as it has happened twice I thought I would warn others.
could that be because Gold Passport doesn't exist anymore? it's World of Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.