Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 18, 19, 3:35 am
  #106  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SFO/YYZ
Programs: Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,107
I always stay at Suiran or the RC Kyoto but I have 48K points orphaned in WoH so I'll probably top it up to 60K and book a couple nights here for Nov 2020 when the booking window opens as this is probably the most interesting Hyatt property for me and if I were to predict any property to go above 30K points in the future it'd be this one. Excited to hear people's experiences in the coming months once it opens. It'd be nice if Hyatt had some actual images of the place on their website.
Originally Posted by justned View Post
Changing my 7th day Osaka Mikayo Marriott to this. Then I will have 5 night at Ritz Kyoto, 1 night at Suiran, and last night at Park Hyatt Kyoto in Nov.
Not to go too off topic but Suiran is a resort (no guaranteed late check-out) and has very few rooms. Based on my experience having stayed there several times you probably won't be able to get a late check-out, and I personally don't think it's worth staying there for a single night because you end up doing 3 or 4PM to 12PM the next day, not even 24hrs. Go 2 nights at Suiran or 2 nights here.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Aug 18, 19 at 3:40 am
nexusCFX is online now  
Old Aug 19, 19, 8:50 am
  #107  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tri State Area
Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Posts: 1,886
Hi,

How is the area around the property? Are there bars/restaurants/7-11 or other shops where I can have a quick bite?
blitzen is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 9:37 am
  #108  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by faboi0us View Post
Concierge got back to me and informed me that the agents don't have the ability to apply Suite Upgrades to this property yet. I saw the Park Suite a few weeks back was listed as a Standard Suite, I can't seem to find it now. I'm curious to see if this gets added to the TSU exclusion list... Will update once the concierge discusses with he hope.
the suite is 65sqm vs 48sqm, 700sqft vs 520sqft, I don't think it would be worth it, but I guess if you have too many upgrades to use. I mainly there just for the hotel experience and 30k pts vs $1500 redemption.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX View Post
I always stay at Suiran or the RC Kyoto but I have 48K points orphaned in WoH so I'll probably top it up to 60K and book a couple nights here for Nov 2020 when the booking window opens as this is probably the most interesting Hyatt property for me and if I were to predict any property to go above 30K points in the future it'd be this one. Excited to hear people's experiences in the coming months once it opens. It'd be nice if Hyatt had some actual images of the place on their website.



Not to go too off topic but Suiran is a resort (no guaranteed late check-out) and has very few rooms. Based on my experience having stayed there several times you probably won't be able to get a late check-out, and I personally don't think it's worth staying there for a single night because you end up doing 3 or 4PM to 12PM the next day, not even 24hrs. Go 2 nights at Suiran or 2 nights here.
I will spend 1 day at the Arashiyama and just 1 night there for the experience. I used a Ritz certificate way back and cash rate is $1400 + tax, don't think I'd spend that amount at any hotel, but that's me.
I don't expect late checkout even for a Titanium member, the whole hotel could be people with Plats, Titanium and Ambassadors, I know this because I was at Barcelona Cotton House and half of the guests were elites plat and above(FD showed me the list). Fortunately, They did promise me upgrade and late checkout. Titanium does get priority over regular plats but also depend on check in time. And to be honest, the standard suites in boutique hotels are not that different than regular rooms, maybe a little bigger with a better view, the cost is 1.5x or 2 times but you spend most of your day outside. I would only need a suite if I need to get that 5th person in or a 10th year anniversary or some special occasion. To back to topic, I do want to stay at Park Hyatt Kyoto even if it means I need to hotel hop 2 times, I want that new hotel experience.
justned is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 10:16 am
  #109  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,933
Originally Posted by justned View Post
I will spend 1 day at the Arashiyama and just 1 night there for the experience. I used a Ritz certificate way back and cash rate is $1400 + tax, don't think I'd spend that amount at any hotel, but that's me.
I don't expect late checkout even for a Titanium member, the whole hotel could be people with Plats, Titanium and Ambassadors, I know this because I was at Barcelona Cotton House and half of the guests were elites plat and above(FD showed me the list). Fortunately, They did promise me upgrade and late checkout. Titanium does get priority over regular plats but also depend on check in time. And to be honest, the standard suites in boutique hotels are not that different than regular rooms, maybe a little bigger with a better view, the cost is 1.5x or 2 times but you spend most of your day outside. I would only need a suite if I need to get that 5th person in or a 10th year anniversary or some special occasion. To back to topic, I do want to stay at Park Hyatt Kyoto even if it means I need to hotel hop 2 times, I want that new hotel experience.
I've been to my share of openings and good luck.
bhrubin and nexusCFX like this.
Aventine is online now  
Old Aug 20, 19, 5:53 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: WOH Globalist
Posts: 97
They won't allow my family of four in a standard King Room so I need a premium room(King Deluxe with or Suite). Not sure how common it is but they will not allow us to apply the Suite Upgrade until the hotel officially opens. My concierge cc'd me on her e-mail to the hotel. I hope its available come early November.
faboi0us is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 6:03 pm
  #111  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 950
Originally Posted by faboi0us View Post
Not sure how common it is but they will not allow us to apply the Suite Upgrade until the hotel officially opens.
This is common ...
skj is online now  
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:28 pm
  #112  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,933
Originally Posted by faboi0us View Post
They won't allow my family of four in a standard King Room so I need a premium room(King Deluxe with or Suite). Not sure how common it is but they will not allow us to apply the Suite Upgrade until the hotel officially opens. My concierge cc'd me on her e-mail to the hotel. I hope its available come early November.
Just book 3 to secure the reservation then tell them at check in that you have a 4th kid. I think the hotel will have high occupancy for the month of November
Aventine is online now  
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:29 am
  #113  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta Peon (Former GM, PM)
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Just book 3 to secure the reservation then tell them at check in that you have a 4th kid. I think the hotel will have high occupancy for the month of November

You mean you don't think... right? I don't expect the hotel to be that full in November at all.
Neric is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 11:26 am
  #114  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,933
Originally Posted by Neric View Post
You mean you don't think... right? I don't expect the hotel to be that full in November at all.
Brand new luxury hotel and Fall colors will be coming in.
Aventine is online now  
Old Aug 21, 19, 11:29 am
  #115  
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 8,754
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Brand new luxury hotel and Fall colors will be coming in.
You beat me to it. Exactly.

And a third reason: Hyatt elites are starved for a new luxury property amidst the tiny Hyatt footprint. Any new option is going to get swallowed whole and fast.
bhrubin is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:24 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,780
Originally Posted by Neric View Post
You mean you don't think... right? I don't expect the hotel to be that full in November at all.
EVERY hotel in Kyoto will be pretty much full in November
Cheetah_SA, bhrubin and nexusCFX like this.
OsakaWino is offline  
Old Aug 25, 19, 4:29 am
  #117  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Programs: EY Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, EK Gold
Posts: 281
Anyone having issues trying to book the PH Kyoto in early 2020? Iím having trouble seeing availability for points and for cash bookings

edit: the issue was only on their app. Was able to book for 2020 via their website
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by reigndrop; Aug 25, 19 at 5:57 am
reigndrop is offline  
Old Aug 28, 19, 10:46 pm
  #118  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: WOH Globalist
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Just book 3 to secure the reservation then tell them at check in that you have a 4th kid. I think the hotel will have high occupancy for the month of November
Thanks I have 6 nights booked(for 3), hopefully I won't have any issues with the 4th(2yr old)
faboi0us is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 11:59 am
  #119  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 81
Is there a club lounge here?
rp88 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 19, 12:00 pm
  #120  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: WOH Globalist
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by rp88 View Post
Is there a club lounge here?
Don't think so, I'm not sure Park Hyatt's have club lounges.
bhrubin and rp88 like this.
faboi0us is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: