Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 7, 19, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
I've booked 4 nights here for end of November, really hope the property opens on time!
Old Aug 7, 19, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
I've booked 4 nights here for end of November, really hope the property opens on time!
I would think so as this is Japan .... here in the tri-state area November 2019 would probably be late summer 2020
invalyd likes this.
Old Aug 7, 19, 3:19 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Hilton Diamond (Aspire) - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
now accepting reservations for stays from 15 November, 2019 and beyond
>> good luck as your visit is before they accept reservations. Maybe closer to the opening day ...
If the hotel opens as scheduled, they will start to open up reservations closer to the scheduled opening. It is typical for hotels (especially luxury) to build in this buffer period so they do not have to cancel reservations due to delays in opening.
bhrubin and rp88 like this.
Old Aug 9, 19, 10:47 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Availability here is so crazy with (seemingly) random minimum night or check-in/out restrictions. Anyway, managed to book a room on points for December. Hope to see some good reviews before then!
Old Aug 10, 19, 10:26 am

based on the hotel website, I do not see this hotel have a pool / hot spring onsen onsite. Anyone know if this is true?

So a room-only kinda Park Hyatt that we will be expecting this Fall?
Old Aug 11, 19, 5:45 pm

I am able to find a 3 night stay for points... but I only want to stay 2 nights. Can I simply book the 3 nights and call to have them cancel the last night for a point refund?
Is there a penalty for this?
Old Aug 11, 19, 5:48 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by rp88 View Post
I am able to find a 3 night stay for points... but I only want to stay 2 nights. Can I simply book the 3 nights and call to have them cancel the last night for a point refund?
Is there a penalty for this?
Book it...and call afterward to adjust. Absolutely. Hyatt IT plaguing everyone again, I see.
Old Aug 11, 19, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
When I saw 3 night and one night ;
(but not 4) I send a message through the app and they merged. For me mostly easier than calling (working on an open office plan )
Old Aug 13, 19, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by anchor79 View Post
based on the hotel website, I do not see this hotel have a pool / hot spring onsen onsite. Anyone know if this is true?

I'm on the fence booking this for my May 2020 trip. If this hotel had an onsen on site, I'd def book it today.
anchor79 and atojbk like this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 12:20 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Data point for the families out there, I contacted the hotel directly and they allowed 2 adults and 2 small kids in their Deluxe Rooms. Online search with 2 adults and 2 kids will show no availability. Booked a few nights here for early November, also requested to apply a suite upgrade for this trip.
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anchor79 View Post

I can't believe this is the second Hyatt in the city without a pool or onsen? What were they thinking?
Old Aug 16, 19, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold
Changing my 7th day Osaka Mikayo Marriott to this. Then I will have 5 night at Ritz Kyoto, 1 night at Suiran, and last night at Park Hyatt Kyoto in Nov.
Old Aug 16, 19, 3:48 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by justned View Post
Changing my 7th day Osaka Mikayo Marriott to this. Then I will have 5 night at Ritz Kyoto, 1 night at Suiran, and last night at Park Hyatt Kyoto in Nov.
I highly recommend you consider finding a way to add nights for your stay at Suiran--even though I'm sure the 5th night free (for while it lasts) award at RC Kyoto is sorely tempting. The PH Kyoto isn't very far from RC Kyoto, so I'd reconsider that, too.

Suiran was our favorite, and we loved the RC Kyoto, too--but it's just a completely different experience to the regular Western luxury hotels like RC, FS, and soon PH Kyoto. The Suiran Arashiyama side of town is completely different and much less touristy than the RC/FS/PH side. The Suiran side offers a chance to explore more small and less visited temples in the neighborhood, along the river, and in the mountains on that side of town. That side of town is just more beautiful. And Suiran has a more hybrid ryokan feel, making it feel far more authentic.

Suiran was one of our all time favorites world-wide...followed by the RC Kyoto. There are several Aman resorts on that list, too, for perspective.

I also never recommend a newly opened hotel, especially in the luxury sector where we expect more. They always have teething issues, and often have significant problems.

FWIW...
Old Aug 16, 19, 8:44 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Concierge got back to me and informed me that the agents don't have the ability to apply Suite Upgrades to this property yet. I saw the Park Suite a few weeks back was listed as a Standard Suite, I can't seem to find it now. I'm curious to see if this gets added to the TSU exclusion list... Will update once the concierge discusses with he hope.
Old Aug 17, 19, 4:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by faboi0us View Post
Concierge got back to me and informed me that the agents don't have the ability to apply Suite Upgrades to this property yet. I saw the Park Suite a few weeks back was listed as a Standard Suite, I can't seem to find it now. I'm curious to see if this gets added to the TSU exclusion list... Will update once the concierge discusses with he hope.
Only 9 suites. Might become a resort before opening.

Search this Thread