Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 9, 20, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Except there’s no Daimonji this year.
Some people went up without permission on the 8th and lit up the "Dai" on their own.

https://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/articles/-/326120

Old Aug 9, 20, 7:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
Some people went up without permission on the 8th and lit up the "Dai" on their own.

https://www.kyoto-np.co.jp/articles/-/326120
Hahah. I hope they socially distanced! Wonder who did it though, I mean it's a pretty traditional thing to do, so I can see the religious community being pretty upset about it if it's not done properly - it's not like it's a lighthouse that you just switch on.
Old Oct 3, 20, 8:20 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Standard vs. Premium Suite

Can someone explain to me the difference between the Park Suite and the Ninenzaka House? They're both 68m2. Does the latter simply guarantee a view of the pagoda whereas the former could be either garden view or pagoda view?

Is it worth spending 60k points/nt for Ninenzaka vs. 48k points/nt for the Park Suite for 3-4 nights?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 3, 20, 8:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by hp12c View Post
Can someone explain to me the difference between the Park Suite and the Ninenzaka House? They're both 68m2. Does the latter simply guarantee a view of the pagoda whereas the former could be either garden view or pagoda view?

Is it worth spending 60k points/nt for Ninenzaka vs. 48k points/nt for the Park Suite for 3-4 nights?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah that’s basically the difference. The thing about the Ninenzaka suite is that if you get the corner one, I personally find it way too exposed to the side street traffic, so I actually wouldn’t even WANT that suite another time. Their second Ninenzaka suite (they only have two) is much better and is adjacent to the first.

None of the Park suites have the pagoda view so that’s the main difference. Also, consequentially, no sunset view so relatively speaking, they are darker. That said, as I wrote in my second stay review, because they’re at the back of the hotel, the roof slopes in such a way as to allow for extremely high ceilings, and a terrasse - which, frankly, is as good, if not better than the Ninenzaka view. When I go back, I won’t mind getting either of the rooms, and I would not spend the extra on Ninenzaka. If you get it as a friendly Globalist upgrade - great. If not, I think you will love the Park suites as well. Other than that they are absolutely identical.
Old Oct 3, 20, 8:40 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Yeah that’s basically the difference. The thing about the Ninenzaka suite is that if you get the corner one, I personally find it way too exposed to the side street traffic, so I actually wouldn’t even WANT that suite another time. Their second Ninenzaka suite (they only have two) is much better and is adjacent to the first.

None of the Park suites have the pagoda view so that’s the main difference. Also, consequentially, no sunset view so relatively speaking, they are darker. That said, as I wrote in my second stay review, because they’re at the back of the hotel, the roof slopes in such a way as to allow for extremely high ceilings, and a terrasse - which, frankly, is as good, if not better than the Ninenzaka view. When I go back, I won’t mind getting either of the rooms, and I would not spend the extra on Ninenzaka. If you get it as a friendly Globalist upgrade - great. If not, I think you will love the Park suites as well. Other than that they are absolutely identical.
Exactly what I was looking for - thanks! You just saved me a bunch of points.
Pseudo Nim likes this.
Old Oct 4, 20, 4:13 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt
None of the Park suites have the pagoda view so that’s the main difference. Also, consequentially, no sunset view so relatively speaking, they are darker.
Park Suite (208) has this view, if it interests anyone.

hp12c likes this.
Old Oct 4, 20, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HH DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Originally Posted by Living_on_Points View Post
Stunning view. Thanks for sharing, Living_on_Points!

-FlyerBeek
Living_on_Points likes this.
Old Oct 4, 20, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by Living_on_Points View Post
So this Park Suite is actually the room directly beneath one of the Ninenzaka House suites, which are on the 3rd floor.
Living_on_Points likes this.
Old Oct 5, 20, 4:27 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
So this Park Suite is actually the room directly beneath one of the Ninenzaka House suites, which are on the 3rd floor.
Yes, I believe so.
This particular Park Suite does not have the side street view, though. Windows are on that side, but with a view of a calming wall of bamboo.

We enjoyed our stay tremendously.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: