Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by invalyd
I actually prefer that view, while ours was nice the room was clearly visible from the main street so it lacked a bit of privacy in that regard.
I would have to see both garden and “view” suites to say for sure, but to me the little Japanese garden might be preferable to a bunch of roofs.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SawBo
Eh not the biggest deal, just a shame other lower tiered properties offer at least a welcome drink of the sort.

Not enough of a problem to turn me away but an annoyance when virtually every other Hyatt in Japan does something decent for globalists aside from breakfast.

Do we know if they offer rental bikes or not yet?
Even Andaz Tokyo doesn't give welcome drinks. You'd be welcome to serve yourself at their lobby lounge but no one is giving you anything else. HR Kyoto gives me my room keys.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Aventine
PH Tokyo's Aesop toiletries all the way. The day they change to Le Labo is when we know the writing is on the wall for Hyatt.

Does anyone have pics of the PH Kyoto suite toiletries?
Official product link: ????????????????????????????Yuzuki? ? EDIT(h) ?????
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
i did when I came back about 5-7 days in the email. The gave them advice on the check in process which I gave a low score.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
[/size]

And although things may have changed, I do not recall anything extra from HR Tokyo, GH Tokyo, HR Osaka, or HR Naha.
GH Tokyo at least gave free swimwear rental. I've been charged for that since dropping to Explorist.

Even Andaz Tokyo doesn't give welcome drinks. You'd be welcome to serve yourself at their lobby lounge but no one is giving you anything else.
Wow, they had always gotten us drinks during check-in at Andaz Tokyo. I guess that was Andrea working her magic.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Wow, they had always gotten us drinks during check-in at Andaz Tokyo. I guess that was Andrea working her magic.
I believe he means alcoholic drinks. Andaz Tokyo still offers soft drinks at check-in, and of course they are available for self-serve 24 hr.

HR Kyoto used to offer Diamonds/Globalists welcome drinks (cocktails, wine) in the bar, and I had heard that they expanded to allow the drinks to be taken in any of the restaurants, but maybe that has been discontinued.

With Twilight Time and spa access the PH Tokyo is definitely the most generous to Globs.

I wonder if the Japanese snack amenity at PH Kyoto is given to all guests or if it is tied to WoH or status. I doubt that they are going to start offering more benefits; with all the award stays and TSUs being used, PH Kyoto is already taking a very big hit vs their standard rates. I'm more hoping for a happy hour in the bar.
invalyd likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:01 am

RE: Drinks

The HP Tokyo Bay offered a couple of drink coupons that could be used either at the bar or any of their restaurants, but were limited to Beer or some type of simple cocktails (if I recall).
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
HR Kyoto used to offer Diamonds/Globalists welcome drinks (cocktails, wine) in the bar, and I had heard that they expanded to allow the drinks to be taken in any of the restaurants, but maybe that has been discontinued.
HR Kyoto definitely didn't offer me anything when I stayed this summer.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by schriste
I would have to see both garden and “view” suites to say for sure, but to me the little Japanese garden might be preferable to a bunch of roofs.
And now I find myself here . Checked in about 2:30 on Monday December 9th with no waiting or issues. This is a points stay without status, so very happy with my garden room.

SanDiego1K, OsakaWino and tearex like this.

Last edited by schriste; Dec 9, 2019 at 2:35 am
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

and how I find myself here . Checked in about 2:30 on Monday December 9th with no waiting or issues. This is a points stay without status, so very happy with my garden room.

I think that room will only get better with age when those trees mature too. Nice fall foliage perhaps.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
and how I find myself here . Checked in about 2:30 on Monday December 9th with no waiting or issues. This is a points stay without status, so very happy with my garden room.

Now for the tough question. Which did you enjoy most, the ANA IHG Beppu Resort (I read your post there) or the PH Kyoto. I realize the first is an onsen resort, so there is a difference, and I'm sure each is nice in its own way, but any thought on that?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Now for the tough question. Which did you enjoy most, the ANA IHG Beppu Resort (I read your post there) or the PH Kyoto. I realize the first is an onsen resort, so there is a difference, and I'm sure each is nice in its own way, but any thought on that?
It is a tough question actually. I’m still here at the PHK, so I think I need to finish the stay before I answer. But I will say I rather expected the PHK to be nice, whereas the IC Beppu is far nicer than I expected.

Update: Since no one reading this thread probably cares about the Inter-Continental Beppu, I’ll answer you in a PM.

Last edited by schriste; Dec 10, 2019 at 6:31 pm
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:17 am

I think that room will only get better with age when those trees mature too. Nice fall foliage perhaps.
There is actually another layer of foliage above the wall (the yard of Kyoyomato restaurant) that does have some fall colors still.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Checked in today. Love the view.

Last edited by VoiD; Dec 9, 2019 at 6:19 am
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VoiD
Checked in today. Love the view.

What kind of room type is this? It looks perfect to me. I would love to stay in one of them.

Thanks.

BTW, does anyone have stayed at both RC and PH? Which one is the better overall?

(I absolutely loved my stay at RC Kyoto, best RC ever to me.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.