Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 6, 19, 5:48 pm
  #451  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NJ
Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Posts: 2,064
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
I actually prefer that view, while ours was nice the room was clearly visible from the main street so it lacked a bit of privacy in that regard.
I would have to see both garden and “view” suites to say for sure, but to me the little Japanese garden might be preferable to a bunch of roofs.
MSPeconomist likes this.
schriste is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 7:09 pm
  #452  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,155
Originally Posted by SawBo View Post
Eh not the biggest deal, just a shame other lower tiered properties offer at least a welcome drink of the sort.

Not enough of a problem to turn me away but an annoyance when virtually every other Hyatt in Japan does something decent for globalists aside from breakfast.

Do we know if they offer rental bikes or not yet?
Even Andaz Tokyo doesn't give welcome drinks. You'd be welcome to serve yourself at their lobby lounge but no one is giving you anything else. HR Kyoto gives me my room keys.
Aventine is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 12:50 am
  #453  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: home since March
Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Posts: 5,510
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
PH Tokyo's Aesop toiletries all the way. The day they change to Le Labo is when we know the writing is on the wall for Hyatt.

Does anyone have pics of the PH Kyoto suite toiletries?
Official product link: ????????????????????????????Yuzuki? ? EDIT(h) ?????
gengar is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 1:19 am
  #454  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold
Posts: 52
i did when I came back about 5-7 days in the email. The gave them advice on the check in process which I gave a low score.
justned is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 2:05 am
  #455  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 16,416
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
[/size]

And although things may have changed, I do not recall anything extra from HR Tokyo, GH Tokyo, HR Osaka, or HR Naha.
GH Tokyo at least gave free swimwear rental. I've been charged for that since dropping to Explorist.

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Even Andaz Tokyo doesn't give welcome drinks. You'd be welcome to serve yourself at their lobby lounge but no one is giving you anything else.
Wow, they had always gotten us drinks during check-in at Andaz Tokyo. I guess that was Andrea working her magic.
hailstorm is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 2:58 am
  #456  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,852
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
Wow, they had always gotten us drinks during check-in at Andaz Tokyo. I guess that was Andrea working her magic.
I believe he means alcoholic drinks. Andaz Tokyo still offers soft drinks at check-in, and of course they are available for self-serve 24 hr.

HR Kyoto used to offer Diamonds/Globalists welcome drinks (cocktails, wine) in the bar, and I had heard that they expanded to allow the drinks to be taken in any of the restaurants, but maybe that has been discontinued.

With Twilight Time and spa access the PH Tokyo is definitely the most generous to Globs.

I wonder if the Japanese snack amenity at PH Kyoto is given to all guests or if it is tied to WoH or status. I doubt that they are going to start offering more benefits; with all the award stays and TSUs being used, PH Kyoto is already taking a very big hit vs their standard rates. I'm more hoping for a happy hour in the bar.
invalyd likes this.
OsakaWino is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 4:01 am
  #457  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,528
RE: Drinks

The HP Tokyo Bay offered a couple of drink coupons that could be used either at the bar or any of their restaurants, but were limited to Beer or some type of simple cocktails (if I recall).
Visconti is offline  
Old Dec 7, 19, 4:22 am
  #458  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: home since March
Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Posts: 5,510
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
HR Kyoto used to offer Diamonds/Globalists welcome drinks (cocktails, wine) in the bar, and I had heard that they expanded to allow the drinks to be taken in any of the restaurants, but maybe that has been discontinued.
HR Kyoto definitely didn't offer me anything when I stayed this summer.
gengar is offline  
Old Dec 8, 19, 11:42 pm
  #459  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NJ
Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Posts: 2,064
Originally Posted by schriste View Post
I would have to see both garden and “view” suites to say for sure, but to me the little Japanese garden might be preferable to a bunch of roofs.
And now I find myself here . Checked in about 2:30 on Monday December 9th with no waiting or issues. This is a points stay without status, so very happy with my garden room.

SanDiego1K, OsakaWino and tearex like this.

Last edited by schriste; Dec 9, 19 at 2:35 am
schriste is offline  
Old Dec 8, 19, 11:48 pm
  #460  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,155
Originally Posted by schriste View Post
and how I find myself here . Checked in about 2:30 on Monday December 9th with no waiting or issues. This is a points stay without status, so very happy with my garden room.

I think that room will only get better with age when those trees mature too. Nice fall foliage perhaps.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Aventine is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 12:11 am
  #461  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Posts: 212
Originally Posted by schriste View Post
and how I find myself here . Checked in about 2:30 on Monday December 9th with no waiting or issues. This is a points stay without status, so very happy with my garden room.

Now for the tough question. Which did you enjoy most, the ANA IHG Beppu Resort (I read your post there) or the PH Kyoto. I realize the first is an onsen resort, so there is a difference, and I'm sure each is nice in its own way, but any thought on that?
Nagasaki Joe is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 2:11 am
  #462  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NJ
Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Posts: 2,064
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe View Post
Now for the tough question. Which did you enjoy most, the ANA IHG Beppu Resort (I read your post there) or the PH Kyoto. I realize the first is an onsen resort, so there is a difference, and I'm sure each is nice in its own way, but any thought on that?
It is a tough question actually. I’m still here at the PHK, so I think I need to finish the stay before I answer. But I will say I rather expected the PHK to be nice, whereas the IC Beppu is far nicer than I expected.

Update: Since no one reading this thread probably cares about the Inter-Continental Beppu, I’ll answer you in a PM.

Last edited by schriste; Dec 10, 19 at 6:31 pm
schriste is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 2:17 am
  #463  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NJ
Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Posts: 2,064
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I think that room will only get better with age when those trees mature too. Nice fall foliage perhaps.
There is actually another layer of foliage above the wall (the yard of Kyoyomato restaurant) that does have some fall colors still.
schriste is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 5:59 am
  #464  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: IAD/DCA
Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott, Hilton Gold
Posts: 136
Checked in today. Love the view.

Last edited by VoiD; Dec 9, 19 at 6:19 am
VoiD is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 6:31 am
  #465  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; QR Plat
Posts: 1,939
Originally Posted by VoiD View Post
Checked in today. Love the view.

What kind of room type is this? It looks perfect to me. I would love to stay in one of them.

Thanks.

BTW, does anyone have stayed at both RC and PH? Which one is the better overall?

(I absolutely loved my stay at RC Kyoto, best RC ever to me.)
3rdworldresident is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: