Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Visconti
You've probably forgotten more about toiletries than I'll ever know! At least it's not the supersized dispenser contraption thing, but I'll probably bring some of the stuff from either the PH or HR Tokyo before my stay. Now that we're going to common wash theme, going to start asking housekeeping for extras nightly.
PH Tokyo's Aesop toiletries all the way. The day they change to Le Labo is when we know the writing is on the wall for Hyatt.

Does anyone have pics of the PH Kyoto suite toiletries?
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Aventine
PH Tokyo's Aesop toiletries all the way. The day they change to Le Labo is when we know the writing is on the wall for Hyatt.

Does anyone have pics of the PH Kyoto suite toiletries?
This is from one of the Japanese blogs that I mentioned way upthread.

tearex, Visconti and Aventine like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:06 am

For those intending to use a TSU, you should note that not all of the Park Suites have a great view like the one that invalyd was given. Both of the Japanese bloggers posted photos of a Park Suite with a garden terrace and zero view. Of course they may both have gotten the same suite. invalyd posted that there are 4 Park Suites. Here is a photo of the view from Park Suite that the Japanese blogger received.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Dec 6, 2019 at 7:26 am
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
For those intending to use a TSU, you should note that not all of the Park Suites have a great view like the one that invalyd was given. Both of the Japanese bloggers posted photos of a Park Suite with a garden terrace and zero view. Of course they may both have gotten the same suite. invalyd posted that there are 4 Park Suites.
Oh wow! Had assumed like the HR Kyoto they wouldn't participate in the TSU program. Have a 5 night stay and will definitely use a TSU here, and hopefully in March will have accorded them enough time to iron some of these learning curve issues.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
PH Sydney uses LeLabo - I think it's a high quality product - obviously not Japanese, but neither is the Aesop that PH Tokyo supplies. On your other point Andaz Tokyo does something similar with a better product (Argan) in the Large rooms and Suites.
I'm always a bit suspect of hotel luxury toiletry brands that are made in Malaysia and China when the same brands sold in boutique shops and dept stores are made in US, UK, France, Italy, etc.

I'm not saying the the made-in-Malaysia Le Labo at PH Kyoto is low quality, just that it, IMO, it is a significant step down from the Aesop at PH Tokyo, when the materials (and for example the Dyson hairdryer) at PH Kyoto are of higher quality than PH Tokyo.

I also do not care at all if they want to offer a special brand of toiletries in the suites. I just meant to say that with all the design emphasis on "wa", and the claims of being rooted in the local Kyoto community, they might have considered using some nice made-in-Japan toiletries.
tearex likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:21 am

Oh wow! Had assumed like the HR Kyoto they wouldn't participate in the TSU program. Have a 5 night stay and will definitely use a TSU here, and hopefully in March will have accorded them enough time to iron some of these learning curve issues.
You had better move fast! Every Globalist planning to stay here is looking to use a TSU, and peak season will be starting from the 3-day weekend of Mar 20-22.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
(and for example the Dyson hairdryer) at PH Kyoto are of higher quality than PH Tokyo.
I can assure you that the Dyson hairdryer at PH Tokyo was of the same quality as the Dyson hairdryer in Kyoto (at least my Diplomat Suite came with a Dyson hairdryer two weeks ago.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

For those intending to use a TSU, you should note that not all of the Park Suites have a great view like the one that invalyd was given. Both of the Japanese bloggers posted photos of a Park Suite with a garden terrace and zero view. Of course they may both have gotten the same suite. invalyd posted that there are 4 Park Suites. Here is a photo of the view from Park Suite that the Japanese blogger received.

The view reminds me of the 1st floor Regency suite at HR Kyoto.

I would book it as soon as possible. I can see the usage disappearing quite soon.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I would book it as soon as possible. I can see the usage disappearing quite soon.
Gonna email my concierge or maybe even call to see if I can secure it. Here's an instance where my preference to avoid reading anything unless absolutely necessary isn't always the best approach. LOL
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
So it's safe to assume that here there's no complementary "Twilight time" or the like here like the PH Tokyo for Globs and that basically Globs only receive a free Japanese/Western breakfast/upgrades if available?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

I actually prefer that view, while ours was nice the room was clearly visible from the main street so it lacked a bit of privacy in that regard.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SawBo
So it's safe to assume that here there's no complementary "Twilight time" or the like here like the PH Tokyo for Globs and that basically Globs only receive a free Japanese/Western breakfast/upgrades if available?
Yes, that's correct.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by invalyd
Yes, that's correct.
Eh not the biggest deal, just a shame other lower tiered properties offer at least a welcome drink of the sort.

Not enough of a problem to turn me away but an annoyance when virtually every other Hyatt in Japan does something decent for globalists aside from breakfast.

Do we know if they offer rental bikes or not yet?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SawBo
Not enough of a problem to turn me away but an annoyance when virtually every other Hyatt in Japan does something decent for globalists aside from breakfast
Where do you get this from? HR Hakone doesn't offer anything extra beyond standard Globalist benefits. Neither does Hyatt House Niseko nor Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay.

As for toiletries, most places will swap available toiletries for you if you just ask them to. That's how I always get Ren at HR Tokyo and Argan at Andaz Tokyo.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Where do you get this from? HR Hakone doesn't offer anything extra beyond standard Globalist benefits. Neither does Hyatt House Niseko nor Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay.

And although things may have changed, I do not recall anything extra from HR Tokyo, GH Tokyo, HR Osaka, or HR Naha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.