Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Wow, those prices are astronomical, even by Kyoto standards. I hope they give you a great experience.
Kikunoi is 16k-50k+, Hyotei is 25k-50k+, Kitcho is 50k+, etc., so I don't think it's really 'astronomical by Kyoto standards'.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by turks33
Breakfast for 2 at Kyoto Bistro was 8,800 yen
Thank you. So no service charge. Makes the prices much more reasonable. Maybe they are looking to attract walk-in customers for lunch.

For those paying for breakfast then, the difference between the western buffet at 4,400 yen and the Japanese breakfast at about 5,700 yen is not unsubstantial.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:29 pm

We also had a late night light dinner there one night.

Do you mind my asking how late? The website says the hours are 7 am to 8 pm and I was thinking that we might not be able to have dinner there, since we often don't eat until 8-9 pm.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Read a little more slowly.
see many people are talking about the price of breakfast ... ... any globalist members stayed already? I am really curious about the upgrade. I was trying to use my upgrade awards last month but was told to wait till the opening, then nothing available now when I contacted my concierge this Monday.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:56 pm

Thank you. So no service charge. Makes the prices much more reasonable. Maybe they are looking to attract walk-in customers for lunch.

For those paying for breakfast then, the difference between the western buffet at 4,400 yen and the Japanese breakfast at about 5,700 yen is not unsubstantial.
Yes, I think theyre trying to attract walk-in business. There is actually a door into the Bistro from the street level for the public. The restaurant is only connected to the hotel through a hallway in the back of the restaurant.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:01 pm

Do you mind my asking how late? The website says the hours are 7 am to 8 pm and I was thinking that we might not be able to have dinner there, since we often don't eat until 8-9 pm.
I think we were there around 8pm, but we had pretty bad jet lag, so might have felt later for us. The same menu is available for room service after 9pm, (I think till midnight) but you will pay higher prices.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rebyang
see many people are talking about the price of breakfast ...
But nobody is talking about standard Globalist benefits not being honored.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:14 pm

I think we were there around 8pm, but we had pretty bad jet lag, so might have felt later for us. The same menu is available for room service after 9pm, (I think till midnight) but you will pay higher prices.
Thanks again. Your posts and especially your pics have been incredibly useful.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I really hope these issues can just be chalked to opening / growong pains. For where this property is trying to position itself, not answering your email for 4+ days is simply unacceptable. Even the Centric Ginza has a 12 hour turn around time and they don't even have a dedicated concierge team.

Last edited by invalyd; Nov 7, 2019 at 8:34 pm
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by hailstorm
But nobody is talking about standard Globalist benefits not being honored.
No one who is Globalist and stayed has posted. So we have nothing confirming or denying this. Andaz Tokyo has an equally expensive breakfast and it's free to globalists. PHT as well - so why are folks worried?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:08 am

some additional photos I took of the property -

blitzen and solewalker like this.

Last edited by turks33; Nov 9, 2019 at 2:20 am Reason: Fix web links
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:33 am

Are the bath area and sauna in the photos part of the gym?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:19 am

Are the bath area and sauna in the photos part of the gym?
Yes, the gym and spa are on the same floor. They have a small public bath, gender separated, with cold and hot plunge pools and Japanese style shower stalls. There is also a small sauna and steam room, gender separated, as well.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

turks33 Loved your video tour and additional pictures.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:52 am

Yes, the gym and spa are on the same floor. They have a small public bath, gender separated, with cold and hot plunge pools and Japanese style shower stalls. There is also a small sauna and steam room, gender separated, as well.
That is great to hear. I was worried that they might only have this type of facility for guests getting a spa treatment.

Once again, you've been a wonderful source of information!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.