Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by turks33
Here are pictures of the room I was upgraded to as an explorist using a points redemption for two nights.

I’m not sure if this was the view king or view king deluxe. It was on the top floor, so the room was angled with the roof. Might bother some, but I was very happy with the space.
Looks like this picture from Hyatt, which is the King Bed Deluxe
https://assets.hyatt.com/content/dam...g?imwidth=1280

Though both Deluxe and View Deluxe are 68 meter^2 so they likely don't differ much.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Neric

Though both Deluxe and View Deluxe are 68 meter^2 so they likely don't differ much.
But King View and King View Deluxe differ
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by blitzen
But King View and King View Deluxe differ
King View also seems to have a slopped ceiling: https://assets.hyatt.com/content/dam...g?imwidth=1280

And it's smaller. 45 meter squared.

View, Deluxe, View Deluxe... /sigh Deluxe is what should be the goal if you can't get a suite.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA

Actually, the photos above look more like the King View room than a King View Deluxe. From the photos on the hotel's website, the 68 m2 King Deluxe and King View Deluxe rooms have 2 chairs + sofa, while the 45 m2 rooms have one chair + sofa.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Nov 6, 2019 at 7:49 am
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
King View also seems to have a slopped ceiling: https://assets.hyatt.com/content/dam...g?imwidth=1280

And it's smaller. 45 meter squared.

View, Deluxe, View Deluxe... /sigh Deluxe is what should be the goal if you can't get a suite.
On a points reservation I was offered King > View King for 10k yen and to King View Deluxe for 35k yen ..... took the King View as a view is always nice (instead of staring at a wall) and while 68 sqm would be better 45 sqm are still a very nice sized room
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

On a points reservation I was offered King > View King for 10k yen and to King View Deluxe for 35k yen ..... took the King View as a view is always nice (instead of staring at a wall) and while 68 sqm would be better 45 sqm are still a very nice sized room
What is your status level with Hyatt? Above the upgrade was comp for a Explorist? I'll be Globalist so has anyone with that tier checked in that's on FT?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:25 am

What is your status level with Hyatt? Above the upgrade was comp for a Explorist? I'll be Globalist so has anyone with that tier checked in that's on FT?
Now Discoverist and next year nothing. While I could hope for an upgrade I made the choice to pay for a guaranteed upgrade. As a Globalist I might have not done the same.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:50 pm

As Explorist (although I don’t think they cared), I emailed the hotel and was also offered cash upgrade on points booking. King to any of the rooms including Park Suite. The rates were

5k yen for King Garden Terrace
10k yen for King View
25k yen for Deluxe
35k yen for Deluxe View
50k yen for Park Suite
+ tax and service charge on all of the above

Pretty good deal! Took the King View as well. While Suite would be nice, it is a very long tour of Japan and already splashing out elsewhere where there are limited options.
blitzen likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by metaphoreus
As Explorist (although I don’t think they cared), I emailed the hotel and was also offered cash upgrade on points booking. King to any of the rooms including Park Suite. The rates were

5k yen for King Garden Terrace
10k yen for King View
25k yen for Deluxe
35k yen for Deluxe View
50k yen for Park Suite
+ tax and service charge on all of the above

Pretty good deal! Took the King View as well. While Suite would be nice, it is a very long tour of Japan and already splashing out elsewhere where there are limited options.
Those seem to be the standard rate differences regardless of the starting rate for the base room, so the same whether it is high season or low season. It is nice of them to offer that as an option.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
quick question, is the standard suite here called the park suite?

thanks
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
quick question, is the standard suite here called the park suite?

thanks
Yes, it is
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:44 am

No Glob reviews yet. I wonder if they are offering any perks for Globs, such as the option for in-room breakfast similar to PH Tokyo or welcome drinks similar to HR Kyoto?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:19 am

Here are some photos from the western breakfast option we had in the KYOTO BISTRO downstairs. Cost was 4000 yen plus service (500 yen cheaper than the Japanese breakfast we had earlier in the visit). I charged it to the room, as I’m only explorist, but I imagine this is the breakfast option that will be offered to globalists. There is an al a carte menu, which appears to be what was on the room service menu (with higher prices) and a buffet option with hot selections from the chef. We were allowed to order as many hot selections as we wanted to try. The egg gratin dish and the poached egg over avocado toast were both excellent. I also ordered an off menu item...a made to order egg white veggie omelette. Needless to say, the entire staff and kitchen were very accommodating. The quality and options were superb. Juices tasted freshly squeezed. Coffee was espresso based. The restaurant was never very full, but I would say a 50/50 split between westerners and Japanese. The restaurant space has an open and tasteful casual-chic vibe with street views of the tourist district. We also had a late night light dinner there one night. I thought the chicken burger was tasty and fairly priced, but definitely flavored for Japanese market with its sauce and egg topping. I would get it again. The beef udon noodles were fine, but over priced. I’m sure you could find something way better in one of those little alleys in the neighborhood next to the hotel. Though the area is very touristy, so I think most of the nearby restaurants will be marked up in price, as well.

I didn’t get a chance to try the kaiseki dinner at KYOYAMOTA, but hope to come back. Their Japanese breakfast was killer. If you’re staying for a couple of days I think it’s worth trying both breakfast options, especially if they’re offering the Japanese breakfast as an option for globalists.

Late night menu - beef udon noodles

Late night menu - Chicken burger
richarddd, Skink, 59Impala and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by turks33
Here are some photos from the western breakfast option we had in the KYOTO BISTRO downstairs. Cost was 4000 yen plus service (500 yen cheaper than the Japanese breakfast we had earlier in the visit). I charged it to the room, as I’m only explorist, but I imagine this is the breakfast option that will be offered to globalists. There is an al a carte menu, which appears to be what was on the room service menu (with higher prices) and a buffet option with hot selections from the chef. We were allowed to order as many hot selections as we wanted to try. The egg gratin dish and the poached egg over avocado toast were both excellent. I also ordered an off menu item...a made to order egg white veggie omelette. Needless to say, the entire staff and kitchen were very accommodating. The quality and options were superb. Juices tasted freshly squeezed. Coffee was espresso based. The restaurant was never very full, but I would say a 50/50 split between westerners and Japanese. The restaurant space has an open and tasteful casual-chic vibe with street views of the tourist district. We also had a late night light dinner there one night. I thought the chicken burger was tasty and fairly priced, but definitely flavored for Japanese market with its sauce and egg topping. I would get it again. The beef udon noodles were fine, but over priced. I’m sure you could find something way better in one of those little alleys in the neighborhood next to the hotel. Though the area is very touristy, so I think most of the nearby restaurants will be marked up in price, as well.

I didn’t get a chance to try the kaiseki dinner at KYOYAMOTA, but hope to come back. Their Japanese breakfast was killer. If you’re staying for a couple of days I think it’s worth trying both breakfast options, especially if they’re offering the Japanese breakfast as an option for
Thanks for the pictures! Much appreciated.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:10 am

Likewise, thanks for the pics! Will definitely stay here during my next visit to Kyoto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.