Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by richarddd
How much does breakfast cost?
Per Hailstorm in post #204

both the Western breakfast and the Japanese breakfast will be 4000 yen plus tax and service charge (and tax on the service charge), so approximately 5000 yen.
richarddd likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:44 am

The hotel offers two breakfast options, aside from room service. The western breakfast is served in the KYOTO BISTRO, which is located on the ground level facing the walking street.

The Japanese breakfast served in the living room was 4500 Yen plus service. Cost for two, with an order of coffee, came out to around 11,000 yen. Reservations were required, but I made them just the night before. It was a seasonal presentation of about 12-15 courses set by the chef at KYOYAMATO, the traditional family-run kaiseki restaurant on site. I’m afraid I don't know all the names of the dishes, but I am an adventurous eater (while my girlfriend is not), and we both ate every last bite, thoroughly enjoying the meal to the point where we were both using our chopsticks to get every last morsel and crumb out of the bento box. The breakfast also came with two different traditional regional teas. The service was above and beyond as you would aready would expect from the Japanese.

For example, we casually commented how much we loved the rice tea that was being served and next thing you know the waiter brought us a big bag of tea to take home. The only criticism I could give is that the breakfast was served in the lobby area, which doesn’t have much natural light. I say this, because the hotel has some of the best views in the city. There are restaurants upstairs offering lunch and dinner, as well as the bar, which all share these views, but for whatever reason breakfast is served downstairs.

The hotel is truly stunning with its eastern minimalist decor and epic views of the pagoda and tile roof tops. On location alone it has got to be the crown jewel for the Park Hyatt brand, though I haven’t had a chance to visit all of the other cities. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of Japanese tourists in the hotel. I thought maybe the clientele would be a more western oriented.

The staff was so lovely and attentive; you could tell they had such pride for the space. Globalists are going to have such a good time staying here. As explorist we were upgraded to the a view room on the seventh floor. It’s a little far walking from lobby to the second elevator bay which takes you to levels 5-7, but you walk through a library and tea room and all these outdoor hallways with pristine manicured gardens. There are these cool automated doors that open each section. It was a fun surprise discovering the layout as you walk through the hotel to your room the first time.

I have a bunch of photos and will try to figure out a way to upload them. The site is blocking me from sharing, as I don’t post that often.

Overall, probably my favorite Hyatt stay ever. I will have to figure out a way to get to globalist, because a suite upgrade here with be truly epic.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by turks33
Overall, probably my favorite Hyatt stay ever. I will have to figure out a way to get to globalist, because a suite upgrade here with be truly epic.
I think everyone had the same idea, Suites are hard to come by atm. Hopefully easier when booking far far in advance. Thanks for the input on explorist perks, I decided to push for Globalist due to our upcoming stay here (and the Andaz, and another Park Hyatt later). I've got a TSU sitting unused now The Japanese breakfast sounds great, hopefully either is covered by Globalist perks.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Would like to see some photos of the breakfast... 12-15 courses breakfast is extensive.

I can't eat kaiseki everyday so likely have something else.

Did you try the Yasaka Oamakaze Teppan 8 courses offered for dinner, which is like $260 per head?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by justned
Would like to see some photos of the breakfast... 12-15 courses breakfast is extensive.

I can't eat kaiseki everyday so likely have something else.

Did you try the Yasaka Oamakaze Teppan 8 courses offered for dinner, which is like $260 per head?
I think he means 12 or 15 little side dishes that make up a Japanese breakfast.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Someone random off IG gave a tour of their King Garden Terrace Room. One tier above the standard King Room, should give an idea of what to expect when staying here without TSU etc.

Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Have a stay as a nothing early December, so hope it will be my favorite too. Due to popularity of Kyoto, small size of hotel and limited suites i imagine this hotel will show up on the list of hotels that do not except suite upgrades sooner, rather than later.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:53 pm

here are the pictures of the Japanese breakfast served in the living room.

Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schriste
Have a stay as a nothing early December, so hope it will be my favorite too. Due to popularity of Kyoto, small size of hotel and limited suites i imagine this hotel will show up on the list of hotels that do not except suite upgrades sooner, rather than later.
This.

I'm surprised the GM didn't get it put on that list right out of the gate.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have a stay booked on points in Feb but don’t have anymore TSUs (didn’t requalify) but used one many months ago for a suite in Saigon PH for a December stay.

Any thoughts on whether I should cancel the Saigon suite and use it for Kyoto? Given Hyatt customer service and how much brain damage that would entail + that garden king looks awesome, I’m on the fence.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
This.

I'm surprised the GM didn't get it put on that list right out of the gate.
For the record, I haven't been able to get a 48k point suite award here on dates for next Nov even though Park Suite is cash bookable. I'm not very familiar with Hyatt but I guess I was wrong to assume if TSUs would work, the 48K point suite awards would as well.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:15 pm

Here are pictures of the room I was upgraded to as an explorist using a points redemption for two nights.

I’m not sure if this was the view king or view king deluxe. It was on the top floor, so the room was angled with the roof. Might bother some, but I was very happy with the space.

Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone happen to have detailed pic / list of the mini bar?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Here are pictures of the room I was upgraded to as an explorist using a points redemption for two nights.

I’m not sure if this was the view king or view king deluxe. It was on the top floor, so the room was angled with the roof. Might bother some, but I was very happy with the space.

stunning.. they need to iron the sheets though lol
justned likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reigndrop
I have a stay booked on points in Feb but don’t have anymore TSUs (didn’t requalify) but used one many months ago for a suite in Saigon PH for a December stay.

Any thoughts on whether I should cancel the Saigon suite and use it for Kyoto? Given Hyatt customer service and how much brain damage that would entail + that garden king looks awesome, I’m on the fence.
PH Saigon suites aren't as nice as this one. I would cancel that one and put it here.
luvFclass and in4tar like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.