Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 23, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Have booked 4 nights here for late November, very excited. Will be sure to report back with photos and review.
Old Sep 27, 19, 5:07 am

Programs: EY Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, EK Gold
Here’s the first room photo I’ve seen. Hard to derive a ton from the photo but looks good!

Old Sep 27, 19, 5:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Bed looks much more comfy than the HR.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
4-5x as comfy?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 12:43 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
It looks more comfy from a side angled stock photo? Don't you think a bit of wishful thinking and/or confirmation bias may be at work here without an actual stay?

Perhaps we might wait until someone actually sleeps in the bed and recognizes its typical PH hardness and relative comfiness?
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
They're going to have to work, um, hard to make the bed harder than the one at the HR.
bhrubin and Nagasaki Joe like this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
It's not just the looks of the bed itself, the room is so much better appointed than the HR, whose rooms are rather run down.
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe View Post
It's not just the looks of the bed itself, the room is so much better appointed than the HR, whose rooms are rather run down.
Must have great vision to see that in this sliver of a photo
bhrubin and nexusCFX like this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
Must have great vision to see that in this sliver of a photo
As someone who has stayed at the HR Kyoto, yes, I would definitely choose PH Kyoto room over the HR room based on this photo. The difference is pretty obvious.
Old Sep 27, 19, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe View Post
As someone who has stayed at the HR Kyoto, yes, I would definitely choose PH Kyoto room over the HR room based on this photo. The difference is pretty obvious.
As someone who has stayed at HR Kyoto more than 50 times, I don't see anything in the photo that shows much of a difference. The photo shows little more than some pillows and some woodwork. I guess some people will see what they want to see.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 9:21 pm

As someone who has stayed at HR Kyoto more than 50 times, I don't see anything in the photo that shows much of a difference. The photo shows little more than some pillows and some woodwork. I guess some people will see what they want to see.
Well, enjoy your future stays at the HR Kyoto. As for me, I'll choose PH Kyoto.
Old Sep 27, 19, 9:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
It looks more comfy from a side angled stock photo? Don't you think a bit of wishful thinking and/or confirmation bias may be at work here without an actual stay?

Perhaps we might wait until someone actually sleeps in the bed and recognizes its typical PH hardness and relative comfiness?
For me, it's the pillows too. Much more plush than HR Kyoto and more like the ones at top Kyoto luxury properties and my own bedroom. I agree with @gengar that they would have to work very hard to bring a more uncomfortable bed than HR Kyoto's.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:55 pm

Has anyone noticed that they have reworked the room/suite descriptions? There used to be a 68 m2 room (I think it was called premium deluxe or something like that), the same size as the Park Suite. Now that is gone, so all of the non-suite rooms are the same 45 m2 size. They have also added a statement that none of the non-suite rooms can accommodate only 2 adults and no rollaway bed is possible. And they have also named the premium suites.

Also, in checking a half dozen different dates, only the standard king/twin rooms and the suites are showing availability. No deluxe or view deluxe on any date whatsoever. Maybe an IT glitch?
Old Sep 27, 19, 11:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Has anyone noticed that they have reworked the room/suite descriptions? There used to be a 68 m2 room (I think it was called premium deluxe or something like that), the same size as the Park Suite. Now that is gone, so all of the non-suite rooms are the same 45 m2 size. They have also added a statement that none of the non-suite rooms can accommodate only 2 adults and no rollaway bed is possible. And they have also named the premium suites.

Also, in checking a half dozen different dates, only the standard king/twin rooms and the suites are showing availability. No deluxe or view deluxe on any date whatsoever. Maybe an IT glitch?
I noticed that too. I wonder if it's going to come back as a junior suite or something? The price gap wasn't large so I was kind of confused about its purpose.
Old Oct 2, 19, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Here's a pin of where the entry drive to the PH Kyoto is supposed to be, for anyone interested:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/34°59'57.1"N+135°46'50.6"E

The land for the hotel was apparently purchased from the Kyouyamato restaurant, which will reopen with the hotel.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: