Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by s0ssos
If only posts relevant to an unopened hotel that has no pictures online were here, the thread would be one page
Probably how it should be.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
As the lowest rates at PH Kyoto seem to start above 70,000 yen, with all the T&S charges that is more than 90,000 yen. And peak rates now showing are more than double that, so more than 200,000 yen for a base-level room that is only a medium size 45 m2
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
As the lowest rates at PH Kyoto seem to start above 70,000 yen, with all the T&S charges that is more than 90,000 yen. And peak rates now showing are more than double that, so more than 200,000 yen for a base-level room that is only a medium size 45 m2
Yikes.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:39 pm

Who wants to bet this will be in the first tranche of category 8?
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The scary part is they'll get those rooms booked.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Four Seasons regularly goes for more than $1,000 a night, so Hyatt will be able to charge those prices and still be fully booked. Incredible. This will be a points only hotel for me if I ever have the pleasure to stay here. I don't think we'll even see as good a deal as we see sometimes with points and cash at places like PH Zurich.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Booked 2 nights on pts for March20-22; it is a 3-day weekend. Out of curiosity I looked at what would be the total if paying the standard rate and it is about 350,000 yen for the 2 nights, a high shoulder rather than peak, since it is likely a bit early for sakura. Also out of curiosity I checked the standard rates at the FS and RC. The FS was similar at 366,000 and the RC was much higher at 522,000!

So it certainly does not seem like the PH rates are any more than the main competition. In fact, looking at a few other dates, the PH seems to always a little less than the FS and significantly less than the RC.

I'm afraid I have difficulty imagining these rates, but am looking forward to putting some pts to good use just to see what the PH is like.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:19 am

Finally booked 2 nights after trying all week. Seems they started playing tricks. First they had 2 nights available, but I was waiting on points to transfer. Then the availability was gone (standard room has been moved to package). I then looked for 3 nights (same dates, just one extra night). It was available. Lastly, I called and enquired and they said nothing they can do. Minimum 3 night stay for points bookings is hotel policy. Following the conversation, they moved them into packages. Now, not even 3 nights were available. I then looked for three nights, but one day before which also included my planned dates. Booked those and then called to modify to include only 2 nights which was successful. Hopefully it was worth all the hassle and the hotel won’t be a disappointment in the end!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Yes the availability is weird
3/29-4/1 available
3/29-30 not available
3/30-4/2 available
3/29-4/2 not available
> 3 night stays seem to be available but 1 night and even 4 night stays are not
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:20 am

If you want 2 nights, the trick seems to be book 3 nights and then call to modify and don’t discuss with Concierge. They will just take your dates out from the system if you do! It’s not only like that during sakura season. I’ve looked at few dates later in April too.

Last edited by metaphoreus; Aug 8, 2019 at 1:34 am
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
I'm just surprised that even 4 nights doesn't work

Chatted with an Agent and the "problem" was that for 03/29-04/01 and 03/30-04/02 the available room types were different (twin room/ king room) .... surprised as I thought bed type wasn't guaranteed for standard rooms ... He added the 4th night for me but with change in room type ... but with 10 month to go no problem at all

Last edited by blitzen; Jun 7, 2019 at 8:15 am
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:32 pm

When does this property officially start taking cash reservations? Any chance award bookings will open up for earlier dates than anticipated?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by rp88
When does this property officially start taking cash reservations? Any chance award bookings will open up for earlier dates than anticipated?
From the hotel site: Opening 30 October, 2019, now accepting reservations for stays from 15 November, 2019 and beyond.

You just can't try booking one night, book a string and it shows cash and points.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Neric
From the hotel site: Opening 30 October, 2019, now accepting reservations for stays from 15 November, 2019 and beyond.

You just can't try booking one night, book a string and it shows cash and points.
Thanks! Still having problems unfortunately. How many nights minimum do you need to put in? I'm travelling to kyoto first two weeks of November and really really hoping to snag a few nights here if I can be so lucky
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by rp88
Thanks! Still having problems unfortunately. How many nights minimum do you need to put in? I'm travelling to kyoto first two weeks of November and really really hoping to snag a few nights here if I can be so lucky
now accepting reservations for stays from 15 November, 2019 and beyond
>> good luck as your visit is before they accept reservations. Maybe closer to the opening day ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.