Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Does anyone have any recent experiences about booking with points for a guest of honor and using a confirmed suite upgrade? I'm globalist this year, but I got it the promo way. My dad got it the hard way, and he has extra suite upgrade nights. If he can just book in my name and apply an upgrade, we'd be golden. I could just transfer him the points.
Check up this thread a bit. All data points that I know of say no, a TSU cannot be applied to GoH bookings.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was transferring a room to GoH and I mistakenly gave the confirmation number from my booking, where I had used a TSU. They replied fine, we can do GoH, but we have to pull off the TSU.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:21 pm

Question

TSU cannot be applied to GoH bookings
I wanted to do the same thing recently and got conflicting feedback. But eventually the Hyatt Twitter account backtracked and confirmed it's not possible (see below).

But this leaves me in a difficult situation. I'm Globalist and am trying to book a stay for my parents at a Regency. I wanted to use GoH but found out it can't be used with 1) C+P bookings, and 2) suite upgrades. My main goal was to get them breakfast and I don't have enough points for a full points booking. Does anyone know of another way to achieve this? Do you think if I booked with a combination of full points and C+P and merged the reservations it might work? I assume club access awards are also not transferable?

I've read of people just booking in their own name and adding others to the reservation, and I live close enough to the property in question that I would actually be able to check in with them, but I don't want them to run into trouble later with the lounge access or breakfast coupons (lounge is closed on the weekend). I'm not sure it's worth the risk doing this. I'm also looking into booking a nearby Hyatt house instead, since this includes breakfast anyway, but currently the property I'm looking at doesn't have C+P availability for the full stay.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Q

Quality info from the Hyatt Twitter account...
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Quantum
I wanted to do the same thing recently and got conflicting feedback. But eventually the Hyatt Twitter account backtracked and confirmed it's not possible (see below).

But this leaves me in a difficult situation. I'm Globalist and am trying to book a stay for my parents at a Regency. I wanted to use GoH but found out it can't be used with 1) C+P bookings, and 2) suite upgrades. My main goal was to get them breakfast and I don't have enough points for a full points booking. Does anyone know of another way to achieve this? Do you think if I booked with a combination of full points and C+P and merged the reservations it might work? I assume club access awards are also not transferable?

I've read of people just booking in their own name and adding others to the reservation, and I live close enough to the property in question that I would actually be able to check in with them, but I don't want them to run into trouble later with the lounge access or breakfast coupons (lounge is closed on the weekend). I'm not sure it's worth the risk doing this. I'm also looking into booking a nearby Hyatt house instead, since this includes breakfast anyway, but currently the property I'm looking at doesn't have C+P availability for the full stay.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Q

Quality info from the Hyatt Twitter account...
Merging of partial GoH and C+P is totally dependent on the hotel and not guaranteed to work. If you're close enough to physically go check in, I'd do this. If you check in and they're listed guests on the reservation, they should have no problem with club access and breakfast. Plus, I'd expect other benefits (suite upgrades, late checkout, etc) to be much more seamlessly honored with you the Globalist right in front of them than if they show up as GoH, not confident enough to push a bit. I found getting GoH honored if I'm not there usually requires a call ahead of time to make sure the hotel does what they should.
chicaloca453 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
If you're close enough to physically go check in, I'd do this. If you check in and they're listed guests on the reservation, they should have no problem with club access and breakfast.
Is it even possible to have 3 guests on a reservation for a standard room?

So it seems like this is the only real way to get them breakfast in this situation? I'm just still concerned it's bending the rules and could lead to trouble during their stay. Hmm, will think about it. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Quantum
Is it even possible to have 3 guests on a reservation for a standard room?

So it seems like this is the only real way to get them breakfast in this situation? I'm just still concerned it's bending the rules and could lead to trouble during their stay. Hmm, will think about it. Thanks for the feedback.
Don't know if you can put three names on there, but definitely not a problem having 3 persons (just only 2 adults for breakfast).

As for breakfast and bending the rules, maybe slightly. But there's been plenty of times I've legitimately been absent from breakfast (for a meeting, etc) and my wife has take the kids and signed for things. Or when I've been on property with multiple rooms under my name and my older nephews crawl out of bed late and use my benefits to charge breakfast. In the end, I don't think the property cares. As long as you're not feeding more mouths than allowed, it's a simple charge removal on their side.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:15 pm

Is there a significance to whose WoH # is on the reservation now that award nights count for nights credit? I set up one just now and they set it up under my account, they never asked for guest's WoH #. I volunteered it and then I think they agent processed a change to the reservation? Did I just forfeit night credit?
Old May 23, 2018, 8:51 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by aradisc
Is there a significance to whose WoH # is on the reservation now that award nights count for nights credit? I set up one just now and they set it up under my account, they never asked for guest's WoH #. I volunteered it and then I think they agent processed a change to the reservation? Did I just forfeit night credit?
With the continuous stream of surprises from Hyatt's I.T. department, I would not trust their system to post this properly. Suggestion: call Hyatt and change it back to a rez using YOUR account and Guest of Honor privileges.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by aradisc
I have not had any GoH nights ever post as night credit for myself, regardless of whether or not the other person had a WoH number. Has anyone else had a experience to the contrary (if so, on a consistent basis)? I agree, I'd love to get those night credits.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not had any GoH nights ever post as night credit for myself, regardless of whether or not the other person had a WoH number. Has anyone else had a experience to the contrary (if so, on a consistent basis)? I agree, I'd love to get those night credits.
Same. I never get credits. The GoH, though, does.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:54 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Yes, now that award nights count toward status, is there any way for the Globalist (gift-giver) to get credit for a GoH stay? What difference does it make (to Hyatt) if I use an award for myself or give it to someone else? Award nights either count toward status, or they don't. And ... they do. So GoH should count. Currently, through a strange quirk in the rules, the Guest of Honor (gift-receiver) can actually count the stay toward their OWN qualification? How in the world does that make any sense at all?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Yes, now that award nights count toward status, is there any way for the Globalist (gift-giver) to get credit for a GoH stay? What difference does it make (to Hyatt) if I use an award for myself or give it to someone else? Award nights either count toward status, or they don't. And ... they do. So GoH should count. Currently, through a strange quirk in the rules, the Guest of Honor (gift-receiver) can actually count the stay toward their OWN qualification? How in the world does that make any sense at all?
It makes sense so that people with Globalist status don’t re-qualify too easily without being registered as staying themselves.

Have to make those Regency Clubs “more exclusive” over time, and having fewer free-loading Globalist-type benefit moochers around is the order of the day. That and spreading the night count wealth.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:49 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
So, my friend is a Lifetime Globalist and made a C+P stay at a hotel to attend my son's wedding. I don't have WoH status nor points, but if he makes me an GoH award res do I also get his elite bene's-breakfast being the most important as we will be having plenty of eating and drinking opportunities for the three day weekend. Would it work better if he just puts his name on the second room, checks in and hands me the key?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Yes, I had this happen at the beginning of last year (before the switch to having free nights count). I've seen in other threads that anecdotally there are a handful of properties that had this happen at. In my situation, it was a true GoH, but during the stay the hotel upgraded the recipient from a normal room to the presidential suite and I think in that switchover something happened where it no longer looked like GoH and instead was a normal reservation and I got the nights
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rbAA
So, my friend is a Lifetime Globalist and made a C+P stay at a hotel to attend my son's wedding. I don't have WoH status nor points, but if he makes me an GoH award res do I also get his elite bene's-breakfast being the most important as we will be having plenty of eating and drinking opportunities for the three day weekend. Would it work better if he just puts his name on the second room, checks in and hands me the key?
For C+P, your friend is covered.

If you need a second room, then he could either do a second room on full points and make it GoH for you.

Otherwise, he could do a second room under his account (Cash, C+P or Points, doesn't matter). 99% of the time the hotel will honor globalist benefits for a second room under globalist's name. He can still do the checkin and paying. If it's a real big sticking point, he can call the hotel in advance to verify he would get globalist benefits for both rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.