Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:44 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

Just saw this article on a new Centric coming to downtown MIA, in the Panorama Tower. Expected to open in Fall 2017 (meaning Summer 2018...?)

http://www.thenextmiami.com/hyatt-ce...ing-fall-2017/
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:32 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

An update on the contruction, still Q3/2017... but still no info on hyatt.com

http://m.hospitalitynet.org/news/4081935.html
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
According to the app, this property can be booked starting in February, 2018.

Very much looking forward to trying it out. Usually we'll stay at either the Four Seasons or the Epic Hotel (Kimpton) in Miami and RC in Bal Harbor and this property hopefully makes up for Hyatt's current offerings in Miami and Miami Beach (sorry didn't much care for the Confidante, way too 'clubby'). Last time we were down, we took a stroll through the Hyatt Regency Lobby, lordy, it looked like a dump in there...
Omer likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Cool

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
According to the app, this property can be booked starting in February, 2018.

Very much looking forward to trying it out. Usually we'll stay at either the Four Seasons or the Epic Hotel (Kimpton) in Miami and RC in Bal Harbor and this property hopefully makes up for Hyatt's current offerings in Miami and Miami Beach (sorry didn't much care for the Confidante, way too 'clubby'). Last time we were down, we took a stroll through the Hyatt Regency Lobby, lordy, it looked like a dump in there...
I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Miami last May for a week long conference and the lobby and convention area was quite basic in design and finishings, very typical of HR. I wouldn't call it 'dumpy' though. The worst thing about the HR there is the fitness center is very tiny. The rooms were also quite basic and par for the course, though most of them have decent views. The service I received there was superb -- the room service was top-notch (every detail was thought of), the housekeeping was great, the catering for the conference was well-done, the doormen were very pleasant, the bar tending was good, etc. The price of the HR Miami was also very reasonable the dates I went and from what I can tell, are typically reasonable.

This new HC is a good opportunity to provide a hotel a step above the HR Miami (which may be getting a whole rebuild anyways) and is more comfortably in a swanky neighborhood. But I would be perfectly happy staying at the HR Miami next time I visit, and my guess is the price differential will be significantly greater for this HC than I will be willing to pay in this case (similar to how the HC New Orleans is always about a hundred bucks more a night than the HR New Orleans just because it gives just that bit more that enough people, but not me, will pay anything for).

Last edited by MarkOK; Sep 26, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Any stays here? I was thinking about staying tomorrow night, but I have read that the pool isn't open yet. There are also some rate glitches on the website but in a bad way.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:35 pm

I just booked a stay here for Ultra Music Festival weekend. I don't think their system has accounted pricing for that weekend yet. It's 1/3rd of all other hotels in the area.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:43 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phant0m
I just booked a stay here for Ultra Music Festival weekend. I don't think their system has accounted pricing for that weekend yet. It's 1/3rd of all other hotels in the area.
agree - I have a stay booked in February and with my corporate rate, I can have ANY room for the exact same price. Of course I booked the Junior Suite.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by 59Impala
agree - I have a stay booked in February and with my corporate rate, I can have ANY room for the exact same price. Of course I booked the Junior Suite.
LOL same here. I just booked a one night visit in a Junior Suite for a $199 corporate rate this week. Looking forward to checking it out
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Any reviews on this property? Globalists upgrade experiences? I'll be here for two nights in a few weeks, will report back!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:39 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by faboi0us
Any reviews on this property? Globalists upgrade experiences? I'll be here for two nights in a few weeks, will report back!
I just checked out yesterday. I was fortunate that when I booked about 6 months ago all rooms were priced at 365$ with my corp rate. so obviously booked the junior suite. this is a great corner room with nice views of the bay.

was disappointed of the check in. hotel was sold out but when we arrived there was nobody at any of the 3 counters. so I stood at the WoH counter and waited. one agent was at the back phoning, probably for the other guest waiting to be checked in. when the agent came front he asked me to have a seat as there were 2 other parties waiting to be checked in. weird. sold out hotel and just 1 agent.. was advised that the pool is on top and open from sun rise to set. went to have a look but piol deck was closed.
check in experience not good.

had a small bite in the restsurant which was excellent.

breakfast excellent too. for Globs I could choose 1 cold and 1 warm entree. had capuccino and juice as well and was only "charged" the buffet price of 28$.

very friendly staff in the restaurant.
in general I'd recommend the hotel.
faboi0us likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 2, 2019 at 2:24 pm Reason: Typos
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I also had a weird check in... unusually long wait, only to be told at 5pm my junior suite that I booked on a corporate rate was still not ready.

Corner room itself was gorgeous and a really great room.

Pool deck was great. Great views, nice pool

Globalist breakfast in restaurant was excellent.

I didn't really enjoy the area, but I admittedly don't know much about Miami outside of south beach. Was able to walk around and find a few good spots for drinks and good

I'd return since I had meetings in the area and would do so for those meetings, but on vacation would rather be at the Confidante.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:31 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

As mentioned my rate was 365. Kept checking if it would reduce but no... it went up to over 630$ for the junior suite about a week prior to arrival. After that sold out whenever I checked, also on day of arrival.
I would expect a better checkin experience if I paid the 630$.

just received a survey... will respond accordingly.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:00 pm

Thanks!

I guess I should anticipate and awkward check-in experience. :-) I booked a standard queen room so we'll see if they do upgrade Globalists to the best available room.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:25 pm

Update: I just returned from my stay at this property
  • Check-In was indeed awkward. No agent supporting the WOH desk so you need to get in the regular line.
  • Globalist Upgrade: I was not upgraded to the best available room as a Globalist. After inquiring about the upgrade, I was informed that the engineering team was working on the suite and availability was not pulled from the website. I checked availability the following day and both the King and Queen suites(standard) were available.
  • I was not too impressed with the room, for a new hotel there was quite a bit of wear and tear. The toilet seat was too small for the toilet itself, seemed very strange(see pic).

• Globalist Breakfast: All charges including additional gratuity were automatically removed upon checkout. I enjoyed the breakfast options at the restaurant, especially the pancakes!
  • Heated Pool was very warm and had nice views of the bay. Being a rooftop pool, it was quite windy.
  • Parking - Valet was $41 per night but they literally use the parking lot down the street which is $10 per day.
I'm not so sure this is a "Luxury" property as advertised, I'd consider this a 3.5 star property.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
5 night stay at his property in April 2019. Lobby is sparse - 3 desks, a couple chairs on far wall and the elevator bank - not a great first impression. Given high level room as Explorist, standard king and water facing balcony. Room had adequate storage, ironing board, fully stocked fridge and dry snacks (there’s both 7-11 and CVS in 2-3 min walk to avoid minibar). Awkward high top “desk” in front of TV - not a great workspace - and one small seat in corner of room. One chair and small table on balcony.

Pool and hot tub shared with attached apartment/condo tower on 19h floor with lots of seating - no services but hotel said you could order food for delivery to pool from 4th floor Cuban restaurant.

Nice neighborhood, lots of construction, with joggers and dog walkers all around, esp on waterside path.

Shower had a and a maintenance issue when I arrived and it was promptly attended to when I texted through Hyatt app, so I appreciate that.

Lots of hotel choices in this area - I don’t sense this hotel had any stand-out Wow elements, but solid fundamentals, clean, and new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.