Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Two different stays, two different properties, for the same night???

Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton

It seems that there was a thread a few years back, where someone tried to check in to one hotel (Hyatt Orlando), then drive over to a different hotel (Hyatt Grand Cypress). They received points for both nights AND 2 stay credits, even though they were both on the same day to night, because it was two different properties.

I know that if you have 2 rooms at the same location, you receive the points, but only 1 stay credit, because it is the same location.

But if you check into two different properties for the same night, do you get two stays?

Just curious...
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm curious too .

I'm staying at the MCO Hyatt and moving to the Grand Cypress the next morning just so I can get the stay credit & FFN.

I'd love to be able to be in 2 hotels at the same time, but was told not to do it because I would get credit for one of them only.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I think officially the answer is No you can't get more than 1 stay credit per night even if you are "in" multiple properties. But anecdotally, it has happened, I received points and stay credits for multiple nights when I was at the Park DC and a friend had a room that I reserved at the HR DC on the same nights back in 2000.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:20 pm

Like the above poster says, I think the official answer is no. However who's to stop you from checking into one hotel at 5PM and checking out at 6PM and then checking into a different hotel at 7PM and checking out the next morning. Several people have done that here on FT (needed to be at one or the other for business) and have never had any problems. I personally have actually had THREE stays in one night and all 3 of them credited during the last FFN promo. One was a DTC phantom stay, another was a Matress Run at a cheap local Hyatt, and the third was an FFN award stay at the place where I actually stayed. So yes, it can be done, but if for some reason it doesn't get credited, I doubt that you'll have any recourse to complain to GP since it probably shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 8:08 am
pdb

Gregorygrady, that's gotta be a record.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 8:30 am

Multiple Stays - be careful

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I personally have actually had THREE stays in one night and all 3 of them credited during the last FFN promo. One was a DTC phantom stay, another was a Matress Run at a cheap local Hyatt, and the third was an FFN award stay at the place where I actually stayed. So yes, it can be done, .
Lets all be aware that the rules and the Hyatt Systems have changed since the last FFN period. What was true then, may no longer be true and there is nobody that one can really ask about how to beat the system.

For example, I had a "no show" earlier this year and while I was awarded GP points for the room rate, I was not awarded "STAY" credit. I did not complain because I had already qualified for Diamond in 2006
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
For example, I had a "no show" earlier this year and while I was awarded GP points for the room rate, I was not awarded "STAY" credit. I did not complain because I had already qualified for Diamond in 2006
Uh-oh, now you're worrying me a bit!!! When did this "no-show" occur? Obviously after 2/28/05 I assume? That doesn't bode well for phantom stays this FFN period........................

But that is good advice, what worked in the past isn't guaranteed to work in the future.......I guess we'll see come ~9/7/05.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Was this a pre paid rate?

Did you 1-800-Checkin?
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
everything changes...

I definitely know everything has changed, since the 9/1 letter and then the 3/1 letter.

And who is to say that it could happen one time and not another.

Maybe I could start a business of driving down to the DTC and checking in a block of 20 flyertalkers and picking up all of your "phantom" amenities
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by BoulderHyattHopper
Maybe I could start a business of driving down to the DTC and checking in a block of 20 flyertalkers and picking up all of your "phantom" amenities
Sounds good to me. Your fee could be 20 bottles of wine and cheesebaskets as well as free breakfast for your 40 closest friends.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 7:47 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Sounds good to me. Your fee could be 20 bottles of wine and cheesebaskets as well as free breakfast for your 40 closest friends.
BHH - maybe that can lead to another side business - cheap wine and cheese store
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Any update on this?

Our summer vacation is such that I'll be staying at the Hyatt Maui and Hyatt Residence Club. I'm paying for both, but the last night of the stay at Hyatt Maui I'll actually be leaving for Waikiki and the rest of family joining me next day, so 1 day overlap at both hotels over 12 nights. Hoping to get the night credits for both especially with the Summer Points promo!!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by SF1K
Any update on this?

Our summer vacation is such that I'll be staying at the Hyatt Maui and Hyatt Residence Club. I'm paying for both, but the last night of the stay at Hyatt Maui I'll actually be leaving for Waikiki and the rest of family joining me next day, so 1 day overlap at both hotels over 12 nights. Hoping to get the night credits for both especially with the Summer Points promo!!
This still applies

Originally Posted by peteropny
I think officially the answer is No you can't get more than 1 stay credit per night even if you are "in" multiple properties.
Heard of it done before recent, but as always YMMV.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:31 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
My best guess is that you'll get the points for all nights. If for some reason they don't post the points for the overlapped night, simply phone HGP and explain that the overlap was due to flight schedules. Be prepared to receive points for only one of the two overlapped nights. Hopefully you can be delighted to receive points for both. Please do post back here and let us know how the story ends.
Originally Posted by SF1K
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
My best guess is that you'll get the points for all nights. If for some reason they don't post the points for the overlapped night, simply phone HGP and explain that the overlap was due to flight schedules. Be prepared to receive points for only one of the two overlapped nights. Hopefully you can be delighted to receive points for both. Please do post back here and let us know how the story ends.
In my experience of stays with overlapping nights within the same "city" but different properties, I got points from both both properties, but stay/night credit from one only property during the overlapping nights.

YMMV of course.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.