FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Many have given up on loyalty.
I'm leaning towards this option. Makes perfect sense.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
I spent about 25k at Hyatt alone last year, and I'm certainly not spending that much again this year when their Park Hyatt's and Andaz properties in the US are mediocre when compared to other premium hotels.

Also, hotels aren't stupid. they see how much you've spent at their properties, and where you've stayed, they always treat people who spend money as regulars better than those who gain status on cheap stays.
Can a Hyatt see more than the past three stays?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Can a Hyatt see more than the past three stays?
Of course they can. I once found a cake and bottle of wine in my room and a hand-written note thanking me for my "XXth stay" at a particular HR.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Of course they can. I once found a cake and bottle of wine in my room and a hand-written note thanking me for my "XXth stay" at a particular HR.
At that same hotel, sure. But can Hyatt X see more than three previous stays on your account at non-X Hyatts?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
With all the negative feedback, I would have thought Hyatt might make a few adjustments. They still might, but so far I've seen only one confirmed back-down: they originally announced that DSUs were no longer linked to tier status and would only be awarded at the 60-night mark, meaning that Lifetime Diamonds and 55-night requalifiers would not be receiving any DSUs. Then they said that DSUs would exceptionally be awarded to those who requalify with 55+ nights in 2017. Wonder how this makes the Lifetime Diamonds feel...
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
If I book 2 rooms for the same night at the same hotel, do I get credit for 1 night or 2 nights? Starwood credits 2 nights in this situation and Hilton credits only 1 night. Not sure about Hyatt?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
If I book 2 rooms for the same night at the same hotel, do I get credit for 1 night or 2 nights? Starwood credits 2 nights in this situation and Hilton credits only 1 night. Not sure about Hyatt?
1 night for Hyatt.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if this is just normal as time goes by, but I've re-checked a few of the Hyatt reservations that I'm not canceling for 2017, and prices have been down. So I've rebooked.

I just wonder if possibly prices are going down because bookings have been falling.

In any event, check your cancelable reservations and see if you can rebook and save some money.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Markie confirmed earlier that Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 DSUs every year on the March 1 anniversary date. I think subsequently it was also shared that Lifetime Globalists will receive the free Category 1-7 night every year. Seems pretty generous.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
With all the negative feedback, I would have thought Hyatt might make a few adjustments. They still might, but so far I've seen only one confirmed back-down: they originally announced that DSUs were no longer linked to tier status and would only be awarded at the 60-night mark, meaning that Lifetime Diamonds and 55-night requalifiers would not be receiving any DSUs. Then they said that DSUs would exceptionally be awarded to those who requalify with 55+ nights in 2017. Wonder how this makes the Lifetime Diamonds feel...
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by sensei
Markie confirmed earlier that Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 DSUs every year on the March 1 anniversary date. I think subsequently it was also shared that Lifetime Globalists will receive the free Category 1-7 night every year. Seems pretty generous.
Sorry, I must have missed that response. It seems to contradict the later info when they said it would only be for the 60-night mark, but apparent contradictions are not unusual for Hyatt, especially with re to WoH.

And yes, that seems generous for the lifetimers.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:00 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I think we're still waiting for the T&Cs of the Lifetime program, right ? Didn't Hyatt promise that before the March 1st launch date ? They still have about 6 weeks to figure it out ...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by RTW1
Why?

Nothing really is going to change until later in the year, or even the next.... unless you want to earn less points vs some free parking.
I have 10 nights booked in Sydney and Melbourne with my wife in March; so, I'm hopeful I can link suite upgrades on these award nights. As an aside, I was upgraded to suite on my last two stays in December. Anyone think they were trying to gin up some goodwill?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I wouldn't hold my breath for any big changes or reversals of what's been announced for WoH. According to the Hyatt CEO in the new Skift interview, they think the feedback so far has been "quite positive".

Somehow, by basing elite qualification on night or spend, vs. on stays, they think their loyalty program is an "engagement platform" for the customers that is "not transactional".

Yet, it is exactly specific transactions, i.e., each night's charge, that now gets you closer to the elite tier. I'm feeling so engaged...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by akcae
I wouldn't hold my breath for any big changes or reversals of what's been announced for WoH. According to the Hyatt CEO in the new Skift interview, they think the feedback so far has been "quite positive".

Somehow, by basing elite qualification on night or spend, vs. on stays, they think their loyalty program is an "engagement platform" for the customers that is "not transactional".

Yet, it is exactly specific transactions, i.e., each night's charge, that now gets you closer to the elite tier. I'm feeling so engaged...
Jesus H. Christ...this guy is completely out of touch...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Jesus H. Christ...this guy is completely out of touch...
He's very skilled.... in using a lot of words without actually saying anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.