Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Other than the corporate owned properties Hyatt makes it "vig" off the franchise fees. The owners of the properties make theirs off the occupancy ( along with F&B, depending on the ownership and how many properties they control dictates their pricing policy. It is a basic "load factor " scale. If one looks at properties you can see this in play by checking their rates throughout a certain period of time. Airlines did this for a long time.

Rates are increasing "on thank you "equality capitol" especially in the higher demand cities around the world. I just got back from Paris and Dubai, whoaaa
It's equity capital, not equality.

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
You're correct; my response was quickly written
after reading the old, 'Hyatt's probably losing money on some Diamonds' garbage. Neither Hyatt corporate nor the franchisees are losing money on those of us who meet the Diamond minimums. The benefits that are provided to Diamonds are not that expensive - the largest cost for Diamond benefits are the Club/Diamond breakfast. And the Diamond breakfast in the restaurant is not a large cost to the hotel - providing a staffed Club with food/refreshments is almost certainly more expensive.

Hotels have been using yield management very similar to airlines for a very long time.

Equality Capital: I did a search and came up empty. I haven't noticed hotel prices rising all that much overall, but it seems like hotels are charging larger premiums during peak occupancy.
Try googling equity capital.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Looks like they facilitate 1031 exchanges.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

sorry looks like spell check did me in !! And I should know that one better "jet lag" just back on red eye from DXB
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
You'll have to give him a tour of several Marriott/SPG properties on the island. There are a bunch of them. I'm sure that you'll find a suitable substitute.
Yeah, 1st world problems for sure. We've just had such amazing luck with suites and service at this property, that it will be tough to compete...but such is life!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
To make this whole thing even more unpalatable...I just returned from a Hyatt Ziva where I was unable to pay for either our family excursions or professional photographs by billing the charges to either of my two rooms.

Thus, if it were 2017-beyond, no base points would be applied to my Globalist requalification.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
So, who's leaving, who's staying, who was leaving but now staying?
Milking top tier for another year and burning points for all but expensed stays. I moved a bunch of HPs to Marriott since I won't need HPs for stay credit.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I wonder if Jeff is reading these posts...sure seems a lot of folks are going to be walking out the door...
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I wonder if Jeff is reading these posts...sure seems a lot of folks are going to be walking out the door...
Surely he doesn't expect stay-qualifiers to double or triple their stays in return for fewer benefits.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by JackE
Milking top tier for another year and burning points ..... I moved a bunch of HPs to Marriott since I won't need HPs for stay credit.
Yeah, as I wrote back a page or so, I'm not leaving in a huff, at least not right away, since I might as well enjoy the benefits of this year's Diamond campaign when and where I can through Jan 2018. But if I don't need a late check-out and I can do without the b'fast, I'm already shopping elsewhere. Just booked an SPG today in New Orleans, where in the past I would never have let the stay credit pass me by in a town with Hyatts.

I am leaving with warm feelings toward Hyatt, not least because we have these 14 months or so of congenial separation. Not like at AA, where they are taking away benefits in 2017 for those of us who have requalified in 2016. Them's the breaks, I guess!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Surely he doesn't expect stay-qualifiers to double or triple their stays in return for fewer benefits.
But there won't be fewer benefits! WoH is actually BETTER! You just don't understand. You're just temporarily dazzled by World of Hyatt's awesomeness.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Who am I, really?

I just logged into my GP account, and was greeted with the message:

Welcome back MR. TEST_FN J TEST_LN

I just love the personal touch of the new GP!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Leaving, regretfully

Have been Hyatt Diamond for about 8 years now - the past 2 as a mostly leisure traveler. Will finish 2016 with exactly 25 stays, about 30,000 base points, and (surprisingly, to me anyway) 50 nights - but of course, 5 of the stays and 10 of the nights are from Hyatt Visa spend. No way I could make 60 actual nights as a non-business traveler.

I am, I suspect, not exactly the customer that Mr. Zidell and his bosses are trying to drive away; I'm certainly profitable for both Hyatt and its franchisees even if I don't spend $20K a year. Only 5 or 6 stays this year have been at HH/HP's, and those were in markets with no mainline properties. But there simply is no benefit to being a second class citizen in the WoH.

The good news is, I'm SPG Lifetime Plat so there's no hardship in going home to Starriott. Too bad for Hyatt; it will lose about $7-8K of my direct spend, another $2-3K in traveling companion spend, and whatever Hyatt earned from ~$50K of Visa charges. And, of course, the goodwill that they got from the dozens - maybe hundreds - of positive references I gave Hyatt in conversations with less frequent travelers. That's probably not worth a thing unless one cares about brand and customer loyalty.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Leaving.... and in my mind already left. Havent stayed at a Hyatt since August since I was already getting dissatisfied with GP and wondered what was coming.

I'm now in point and DSU burning mode, with some stays next week and after Xmas. With all that's planned I'm down to 1 DSU and only 10k points remaining (but those will increase somewhat since I'm booking P+C stays).

And although I had no plans to requalify I'm now left with 47 nights this year (15 stays). So if I would look at it sensibly I should aim for those additional 3 nights, the problem is I don't want to.... and that is quite a difference from past years.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by SportsTech
The good news is, I'm SPG Lifetime Plat so there's no hardship in going home to Starriott.
Has Marriott announced SPG Lifetime will become Marriott Lifetime?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Has Marriott announced SPG Lifetime will become Marriott Lifetime?
I am sure they will it's only right. I am a LFT PLT Marriott and think it's right thing to do as long as they meet the Marriott qual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.