Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Trying to upgrade our room to a suite using points

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

I am trying to upgrade an upcoming booking to a suite using 6,000 points per night.
I have called the diamond line and they could see the inventory is there but couldn't book it.
They suggested I wait until check in and hope we get upgraded.
I really dont want the uncertainty of that
The other issue I had is that, although I have booked a standard rate, they said that the hotel can change that rate to a higher value in order for me to use points/upgrade to a suite.
Is that correct????
It isn't a costco rate or a AAA rate that I booked...it is a standard rate!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

*When redeeming Regency Club® or Grand Club® upgrades or suite upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the Standard Rate deluxe room (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc).
So depends on the property.

Fdw
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
So depends on the property.

Fdw

Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:29 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Perhaps your luck will be better after waiting a few days. With massive program changes scheduled to roll in tonight, systems could be a bit chaotic for a few days. IIRC, changing to a new calendar year causes system havoc for 4 days. Therefore, changing to a new program is good for at least 8 days of madness.
Originally Posted by frogss29
I am trying to upgrade an upcoming booking to a suite using 6,000 points per night.
I have called the diamond line and they could see the inventory is there but couldn't book it.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Perhaps your luck will be better after waiting a few days. With massive program changes scheduled to roll in tonight, systems could be a bit chaotic for a few days. IIRC, changing to a new calendar year causes system havoc for 4 days. Therefore, changing to a new program is good for at least 8 days of madness.
Thank you will keep trying
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by frogss29
The other issue I had is that, although I have booked a standard rate, they said that the hotel can change that rate to a higher value in order for me to use points/upgrade to a suite.
Is that correct????
It isn't a costco rate or a AAA rate that I booked...it is a standard rate!
Assuming that you were still a Diamond when you posted, as a Glob you get the standard suite for free if it's available at check in without using any points. The point of spending the 6000 points per night is to guarantee the upgrade in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.