FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Anyone else get a follow-up email for the Reddit AMA today? I'm not sure I can attend now . Wondering if I can share my invite with another without divulging any confidential info.
I do not think it is opt-in yet.

Anyone who was told of the AMA (which is probably all GP elites who did not opt out of marketing comms / program announcements) were told:

How do I participate?

1. You will receive an email on November 16 with the link to the AMA.

I think everyone is in the game and no need to take any action until the next steps are advised on 16 NOV.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Thumbs down Jeff Zidell European Based GP Members Need Another Option

Dear Jeff Zidell,

I know it has been said a few times here already, but without easy access to HP or HH hotels it is a real kick in the nuts to pull the 60 stays approach to making status especially for us based in Europe.

I would propose a better option (or at least one which makes sense for people not living working in high Hyatt dense countries). Don't forget EVEN some of the airlines excluded EQD's or dollars per spend for European based customers.

From a commercial perspective, what is more valuable? Make it to 60 stays at any Hyatt (6K if at a HP @ 100 per night) or 25/30 stays at Park Hyatt, Andaz etc. (9K at 300 per night)

I guarantee I have paid for some Park Hyatt suites some one night fees which are much higher than a week at a typical HH, or HP. Also in some regions, the prices for even the normal HR are 2X to 3X the average price in the USA.

I don't know about the rest of the hyatt crowd, but I shifted all of my work travel to Hyatt (when possible here in Europe as it is difficult to always stay loyal due to lack of options). This was for one main reason, I could then use the DSU for my family when we traveled for personal reasons or on vacation. As my travel is all over EMEA it actually means I need to sometimes adjust my plans to maximize my Hyatt stays.

So I propose to either make it something like (2X or 3X nights for high end Hyatt’s) or exclusions for places in the world where there are only a handful of Hyatt's. I would guess all of Europe (793 Million people) for example has less Hyatt's then New York State (20 Million).

Either way, I hope Hyatt WOH/GP take this seriously as I and many of my fellow Diamonds who are based in a non prime region or choose to spend only on high end luxury are the ones you will loose.

@ Jeff please listen to us, as we do love Hyatt, and although in 2nd or 3rd place the rest of the hotels maybe not as nice are also going to get our business soon enough. The other option is to buy up another large chain so we have better options available to us or keep in mind that not every GP/WHO member is based in North America.

Also, this feels like it is a result of the previous Status Match Offered, while I agree it makes sense to limit the BS non-contributing members, it also makes more sense not to give it away for free.

Just to note what is also missing in addition to my own stays? I also plan and pay on my personal card my company event every year. 100+ rooms (over 2 days at least), next year my strategy will change for sure. As this is only 1 event I guess its not enough for Globalist, but I also guess that the other chains will appreciate the type of travel I do.

It is sad but I guess after using up my last (Yes I qualified by stays again for Diamond this year) 4 DSU's next year and the remaining points I will be forced to move to another chain. Please help!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bison1847

@ Jeff please listen to us, as we do love Hyatt. Please help!
The only one that can help you is You. Individual members don't negotiate their own rules. Rewards programs change all the time. If the new rules work out for you then great. If they don't, then move on. Only you can decide if it is worth it to continue to go out of your way to maintain status.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:20 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
@ Jeff please listen to us, as we do love Hyatt, Please help!
cool message, and fully agree. there should be separate rules for non-US residents, as the airlines do (and you have mentioned). Plus, we have not way of using a Hyatt Credit Card either. Many options not available to us. I hope Jeff does listen!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:16 am

Dear Jeff Zidell,

I know it has been said a few times here already, but without easy access to HP or HH hotels it is a real kick in the nuts to pull the 60 stays approach to making status especially for us based in Europe.
Agreed. 25 stays were doable from my OSL location - with an extra effort. 60 nights are not.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Suggest that hyatt resurrect FFN. You will definitely cut back on the backlash in this forum
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by ws8n
Suggest that hyatt resurrect FFN. You will definitely cut back on the backlash in this forum
It's pretty clear that this program is designed for a strong economy, which is also the cause of other lamentable recent Hyatt policy changes, such as allowing properties to game award inventory and turning the BRG program into a scam.

In an economic downturn, Hyatt will find itself in a World of Hurt -- former Diamond members will have explored other programs and realized that they must have been idiots for making do with Hyatt's limited footprint for all these years. This will spell rough times even for Hyatt's top-notch properties, but the real pain will be felt by HPs and HHs, which make up more than half of Hyatt's hotels and no longer offer any benefits to Globalists (due to the elimination of the welcome amenity).

They'll have to put on some amazing promos to win people back!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jpdx
It's pretty clear that this program is designed for a strong economy, which is also the cause of other lamentable recent Hyatt policy changes, such as allowing properties to game award inventory and turning the BRG program into a scam.

In an economic downturn, Hyatt will find itself in a World of Hurt -- former Diamond members will have explored other programs and realized that they must have been idiots for making do with Hyatt's limited footprint for all these years. This will spell rough times even for Hyatt's top-notch properties, but the real pain will be felt by HPs and HHs, which make up more than half of Hyatt's hotels and no longer offer any benefits to Globalists (due to the elimination of the welcome amenity).

Thinning of the herd...we'll see how it plays out but I'm sticking with them for another year to see how things shake out.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
Agreed - I'm sticking with Hyatt for now. They still have the best promotions and great award redemption. For me, free rooms are important. I can get an egg, toast, and juice anywhere.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by jpdx

Best guess is 2019 beginning to turn 4th quarter 2018. Of course the election will or could change that The theory of 18/19 was with Clinton winning, and of course we all know that didn't happen
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
The Europe thing is a fair question. I'm also based in Europe, and for us, it is much harder to qualify. Markie, could you add that to your list of questions, please? Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I re-qualified last week for 2017.
- 24 total stays
- 32 full revenue nights and 20 C&P nights thanks to a three-week class I took a few miles from a Cat 1 - that's not going to happen again any time soon.
- 30,500 base points

Between now and the end of January, I have 19 nights planned. 12 are work, 7 are leisure. No award nights. 15 are in cities where there is a Hyatt.

I haven't finished making reservations but it looks like I'm going to have:
- 9-15 Marriott nights
- 4-6 Kimpton nights
- 0-4 IHG nights
- ZERO Hyatt nights
Old Nov 13, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
There's a Hyatt in Geneva. Wisconsin.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Thinning of the herd...
Ask the DL Diamonds and UA 1Ks how that's worked out for them.

(And yes, we saw similar posts in the UA forum when PQDs were instituted. Don't hear much from those folks any more.)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The only one that can help you is You. Individual members don't negotiate their own rules. Rewards programs change all the time. If the new rules work out for you then great. If they don't, then move on. Only you can decide if it is worth it to continue to go out of your way to maintain status.
Never my intention to make a special deal for myself, but only with the hope that WOH understands the differences between people based in high density and low density Hyatt locations. Even many of the airlines recognize that.

I also agree it is our own personal choice as to whether we stay or go, but if possible I hope the new WOH program would take into consideration the input from those members based on the other side of the pond also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.