Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
"Our customers told us they wanted less value for their points."
Also, "we want you to enjoy your hard earned awards sooner, so points will expire 120 days after they are earned."
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
"Our customers told us they wanted less value for their points."
They heard what makes our experiences better and more meaningful, after all.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Who manages the social media / marketing department of Hyatt???

Email sent says AMA is on the 16th, Hyatt just posted on Facebook that the AMA is on the 15th ! !

Email: "Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on November 16 at 12 pm CT. "
Facebook: "Save the date and join us on November 15th."

They have to fire the guy in charge of communications ASAP...
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
They're doing AMA during working hours on a weekendday?

Guess Jeff doesn't want to take many questions from the "blue collar Diamonds"

Last edited by hailstorm; Nov 11, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hailstorm
They're doing AMA during working hours on a weekend?

Guess Jeff doesn't want to take many questions from the "blue collar Diamonds"

Neither the 15th nor the 16th is on a weekend day. Unless you do really long weekends

How many (meaningful, new) questions is he going to answer in 30 mins anyway, though. I doubt there will be any substantially new information that isn't already out there.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Neither the 15th nor the 16th is on a weekend day. Unless you do really long weekends
Sorry, meant to say "weekday"
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by lautaro
Who manages the social media / marketing department of Hyatt???

Email sent says AMA is on the 16th, Hyatt just posted on Facebook that the AMA is on the 15th ! !

Email: "Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on November 16 at 12 pm CT. "
Facebook: "Save the date and join us on November 15th."

They have to fire the guy in charge of communications ASAP...
They will have one session to discuss the new program and another "World Without Hyatt" session to discuss why people should no longer bother to give them any business.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
They will have one session to discuss the new program and another "World Without Hyatt" session to discuss why people should no longer bother to give them any business.
So I have done several Westin hotels and a Marriott. Not bad. Have a Fairmont coming up. All have their quirks just depends on what is most important to one.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:34 pm

I agree Hyatt offers the best redemption rates, but it no longer makes any sense for me to acquire those points through concentrating on Hyatt. I have a giant stash of Chase Ultimate Reward Points, that from now on whenever I want to stay at a Hyatt on a redemption I'll move over.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Thumbs down Leaving from Hyatt

I am a late comer for the discussion. Please find below my reason for opt out from new Hyatt program.
My location is Japan and my travel is mostly to Tokyo, other domestic cities and some European cities (recently Geneva where is no Hyatt). US business trip is only once a year.
25 stays is close to my upper limit of annual stay. So, whatever attractive of World of Hyatt is, I cannot be qualified for the new program and canceled all my future Hyatt reservation.
I tend to spend more than average. I usually spend $300-600 per night. With 1000 welcome points, I could earn about 3000-5000 points per stay and used points for free nights for my family member’s travel. Points accrual was relatively easy and it worked quite well.
However from now on, I cannot be qualified for Globalist (no more 1.3 multiple of points) and there will be no 1,000 welcome points. I will choose a hotel that gives me the best value at each occasion.
I am at the 8th years of Diamond in a row.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by Hikki1224
25 stays is close to my upper limit of annual stay. So, whatever attractive of World of Hyatt is, I cannot be qualified for the new program and canceled all my future Hyatt reservation.
I tend to spend more than average. I usually spend $300-600 per night. With 1000 welcome points, I could earn about 3000-5000 points per stay and used points for free nights for my family member’s travel. Points accrual was relatively easy and it worked quite well.
However from now on, I cannot be qualified for Globalist (no more 1.3 multiple of points) and there will be no 1,000 welcome points. I will choose a hotel that gives me the best value at each occasion.
I am at the 8th years of Diamond in a row.
This new move also forced me to simply drop Hyatt. I travel enough to be Diamond for Hyatt, Hilton and Platinum for Starwoods. However, it does look like hotel chains are going the airline route and reducing loyalty programs. In my case, this forced me to choose to retain 2 out of 3 hotel chains to be top-tier and drop the third. Unfortunately, that means Hyatt. I am only 3 years Diamond with Hyatt but I will miss Hyatt. But Starwoods and Marriott are just more attractive for me, and Hilton's presence is always handy when I'm send to secondary cities in America.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Don't worry. They have a focus group that tells them that Globalists want nothing more than higher award pricing.
^

That's funny.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
Anyone know how World of Hyatt impacts Royal Caribbean status?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 6:32 pm

Anyone else get a follow-up email for the Reddit AMA today? I'm not sure I can attend now . Wondering if I can share my invite with another without divulging any confidential info.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Mommypoints is wrong, which is why I never read blogs.

The new program starts on Jan 1 for qualification only. In other words, we keep our benefits until 2/28 (or is it mid march) but for requalification, it starts on Jan 1.
Incorrect. Mommypoints is right. If you have 25 stays from Jan 1 - Feb 28, you get Globalist status through Feb 2019. What you won't get are the 4 DSU's in 2018 (you will get 4 DSU's for 2017).

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Are we sure Mommypoints is wrong about that? The Hyatt FAQ is unclear about whether, if you have requalified for Diamond status through Feb 2019 (if that's even possible) you get Globalist through Feb '19 or only Feb '18. It just says you get "Globabalist" but not for how long.
Mommypoints is not wrong. You get Globalist through Feb 2019.

Requalification starts on Jan 1 and will be under the new system - not the old.

There are going to be a lot of upset people who run around getting 25 stays in Jan & Feb only to find out they need nights instead.

She probably misheard or misunderstood.
Again, incorrect.

But I agree with edcho. There is no mention of if it will qualify you for 2018 globalist. And that is what I was talking about.
Again incorrect. If you qualify based on stays between Jan-Feb 2017, you get Globalist status through Feb 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.