World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 11, 16, 10:03 am
  #1441  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,975
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
There are some things that are not meant to be brought up...

And they might have just HEARD you.
Don't worry. They have a focus group that tells them that Globalists want nothing more than higher award pricing.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 10:10 am
  #1442  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX/SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 45,795
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Don't worry. They have a focus group that tells them that Globalists want nothing more than higher award pricing.
"Our customers told us they wanted less value for their points."
Kacee is online now  
Old Nov 11, 16, 10:29 am
  #1443  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,975
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
"Our customers told us they wanted less value for their points."
Also, "we want you to enjoy your hard earned awards sooner, so points will expire 120 days after they are earned."
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 10:32 am
  #1444  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
"Our customers told us they wanted less value for their points."
They heard what makes our experiences better and more meaningful, after all.
cmglobal is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 1:27 pm
  #1445  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Argentina
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 131
Who manages the social media / marketing department of Hyatt???

Email sent says AMA is on the 16th, Hyatt just posted on Facebook that the AMA is on the 15th ! !

Email: "Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on November 16 at 12 pm CT. "
Facebook: "Save the date and join us on November 15th."


They have to fire the guy in charge of communications ASAP...
lautaro is online now  
Old Nov 11, 16, 2:21 pm
  #1446  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 17,592
They're doing AMA during working hours on a weekendday?

Guess Jeff doesn't want to take many questions from the "blue collar Diamonds"

Last edited by hailstorm; Nov 11, 16 at 3:26 pm
hailstorm is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 2:55 pm
  #1447  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,975
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
They're doing AMA during working hours on a weekend?

Guess Jeff doesn't want to take many questions from the "blue collar Diamonds"

Neither the 15th nor the 16th is on a weekend day. Unless you do really long weekends

How many (meaningful, new) questions is he going to answer in 30 mins anyway, though. I doubt there will be any substantially new information that isn't already out there.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 3:25 pm
  #1448  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 17,592
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Neither the 15th nor the 16th is on a weekend day. Unless you do really long weekends
Sorry, meant to say "weekday"
hailstorm is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 4:09 pm
  #1449  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Posts: 4,741
Originally Posted by lautaro View Post
Who manages the social media / marketing department of Hyatt???

Email sent says AMA is on the 16th, Hyatt just posted on Facebook that the AMA is on the 15th ! !

Email: "Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on November 16 at 12 pm CT. "
Facebook: "Save the date and join us on November 15th."


They have to fire the guy in charge of communications ASAP...
They will have one session to discuss the new program and another "World Without Hyatt" session to discuss why people should no longer bother to give them any business.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 4:22 pm
  #1450  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Posts: 5,472
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
They will have one session to discuss the new program and another "World Without Hyatt" session to discuss why people should no longer bother to give them any business.
So I have done several Westin hotels and a Marriott. Not bad. Have a Fairmont coming up. All have their quirks just depends on what is most important to one.
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 11:34 pm
  #1451  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: GUW
Posts: 475
I agree Hyatt offers the best redemption rates, but it no longer makes any sense for me to acquire those points through concentrating on Hyatt. I have a giant stash of Chase Ultimate Reward Points, that from now on whenever I want to stay at a Hyatt on a redemption I'll move over.
Productivity is offline  
Old Nov 11, 16, 11:42 pm
  #1452  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ashiya_JP
Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Posts: 66
Thumbs down Leaving from Hyatt

I am a late comer for the discussion. Please find below my reason for opt out from new Hyatt program.
My location is Japan and my travel is mostly to Tokyo, other domestic cities and some European cities (recently Geneva where is no Hyatt). US business trip is only once a year.
25 stays is close to my upper limit of annual stay. So, whatever attractive of World of Hyatt is, I cannot be qualified for the new program and canceled all my future Hyatt reservation.
I tend to spend more than average. I usually spend $300-600 per night. With 1000 welcome points, I could earn about 3000-5000 points per stay and used points for free nights for my family memberís travel. Points accrual was relatively easy and it worked quite well.
However from now on, I cannot be qualified for Globalist (no more 1.3 multiple of points) and there will be no 1,000 welcome points. I will choose a hotel that gives me the best value at each occasion.
I am at the 8th years of Diamond in a row.
Hikki1224 is offline  
Old Nov 12, 16, 3:52 am
  #1453  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Posts: 901
Originally Posted by Hikki1224 View Post
25 stays is close to my upper limit of annual stay. So, whatever attractive of World of Hyatt is, I cannot be qualified for the new program and canceled all my future Hyatt reservation.
I tend to spend more than average. I usually spend $300-600 per night. With 1000 welcome points, I could earn about 3000-5000 points per stay and used points for free nights for my family memberís travel. Points accrual was relatively easy and it worked quite well.
However from now on, I cannot be qualified for Globalist (no more 1.3 multiple of points) and there will be no 1,000 welcome points. I will choose a hotel that gives me the best value at each occasion.
I am at the 8th years of Diamond in a row.
This new move also forced me to simply drop Hyatt. I travel enough to be Diamond for Hyatt, Hilton and Platinum for Starwoods. However, it does look like hotel chains are going the airline route and reducing loyalty programs. In my case, this forced me to choose to retain 2 out of 3 hotel chains to be top-tier and drop the third. Unfortunately, that means Hyatt. I am only 3 years Diamond with Hyatt but I will miss Hyatt. But Starwoods and Marriott are just more attractive for me, and Hilton's presence is always handy when I'm send to secondary cities in America.
Cathay Dragon 666 is offline  
Old Nov 12, 16, 12:34 pm
  #1454  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Posts: 5,536
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Don't worry. They have a focus group that tells them that Globalists want nothing more than higher award pricing.
^

That's funny.
iflyjetz is offline  
Old Nov 12, 16, 1:22 pm
  #1455  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
Posts: 131
Anyone know how World of Hyatt impacts Royal Caribbean status?
igoncrazy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: