World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 9, 16, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ErnstH View Post
The "free" Hyatt Diamond problem would have resolved itself as per March next year. I dont see why they would introduce a new loyalty program for a couple of more months.
I was coming to say the same thing. After March any "fake" Diamonds would have left. That includes people like me that got in on a challenge last year (b/c I've been told I'm a fake Diamond due to this). I, however, will have my 25 stays to stay Diamond. After next year, I already didn't plan on staying but now even more. I guess in a way, it worked out better for me with this change. I wasn't going to stay Diamond next year anyways but now I'll be able to use my DSUs on my award bookings next year and not pay resort fee or parking fees. However, I am overall not a fan of the change. It clearly knocks out those of us who travel only for leisure and on our own dime. It would have been easier to understand if they changed it to allow full award stays to count towards status.
Old Nov 9, 16, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by ErnstH View Post
The "free" Hyatt Diamond problem would have resolved itself as per March next year.
They actually exacerbated the "problem" by giving them each four club lounge passes as parting gifts!
Old Nov 9, 16, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
They actually exacerbated the "problem" by giving them each four club lounge passes as parting gifts!
I'm happy for everyone who got that but surprised that this seems to be a one-time-only soft landing for the fake Diamonds like myself.
Old Nov 9, 16, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Looks like a rename of tiers is a must, I don't think a "Globalist" refers to something good now in the US.
Old Nov 9, 16, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by meraki1990 View Post
Looks like a rename of tiers is a must, I don't think a "Globalist" refers to something good now in the US.
But after all the ranting on this thread, I think most here don't think "Globalist" is a good thing anyways. So it still fits. lol
Old Nov 9, 16, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Explorists: former Diamonds who were encouraged to explore what other programs are out there

Discoverists: former Platinums that discover that the new program isn't any better for them.
Old Nov 9, 16, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by redwood_10 View Post
"Hyatt Gold Passport, our existing loyalty program, has enjoyed very strong growth in its membership base. In fact, after the Marriott-Starwood announcement last year, we ran a Hyatt Gold Passport tier match program to encourage Starwood preferred guest members to experience Hyatt, and matched over 30,000 customers. Approximately 50% of the status-match customers were either new to Hyatt or increased their stay activity subsequent to the tier match."
That 30,000 is from Starwood alone. At one point, Hyatt was matching everyone, including Hilton Golds, to Diamond. They matched quite a few lesser chains' status - I'd have to dig through the match thread but some matches were quite insane.
In all, I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of matches were 60,000 or more.
Old Nov 9, 16, 11:33 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
That 30,000 is from Starwood alone. At one point, Hyatt was matching everyone, including Hilton Golds, to Diamond. They matched quite a few lesser chains' status - I'd have to dig through the match thread but some matches were quite insane.
In all, I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of matches were 60,000 or more.
This does not surprise me as you said they were matching Motel 6 for God's sake, so was everyone else. Huge knee jerk reaction to Hilton doing it to them. At the end of the day all of those matches be it Hyatt Hilton etc will come to a crashing end this year and early next. Then those people in fact all of us will be looking around to determine which program is best for them. That's just a fact of life. As these programs narrow people are going to have to do things the old fashion way, earn it by their loyalty. Entitlement days are over, and I for one am happy for it. I as a businessman have always been a supporter of revenue based rewards. I pay either full fare of instant upgrade fare on my airline ( and their just happy I do) and I don't book the cheapest room and stand there at the checkin counter telling the agent how I deserve the Presidential Suite because I am a "loyal" traveler !! I mean really? It never fails when I checking into the PHV and there's an American checking in on reward nights telling the clerk they deserve a suite. I cringe.

That's my opinion.
Old Nov 9, 16, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
I as a businessman have always been a supporter of revenue based rewards.
Revenue based rewards as in assigning a fixed value to each award mile/point? In other words, rev based on the redemption and earnings side?
Old Nov 9, 16, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Revenue based rewards as in assigning a fixed value to each award mile/point? In other words, rev based on the redemption and earnings side?
I am sorry I met revenue based airline more than hotels.

I think we all have beaten this to death. Every twist and turn has been discussed here, let's wait for Jeff's discussion and then we all can move on to our own decision on 2017.
Old Nov 9, 16, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott

I think we all have beaten this to death. Every twist and turn has been discussed here, let's wait for Jeff's discussion and then we all can move on to our own decision on 2017.
I thought our moderator Markie was submitting our questions to Jeff last week and was going to post the answers. I haven't seen anything posted yet.
Old Nov 9, 16, 1:16 pm

I do think it is funny that I got an email congratulating me on reaching "Diamond" status again until Feb 2018...
Old Nov 9, 16, 3:00 pm

Not sure what you mean by "beated this to death".

My question (and the point in your post, really) isn't directly related to WoH. It's not a revenue-based program on the status acquisition site and it isn't on the reward redemption side.
Old Nov 9, 16, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by woresu View Post
Hyatt global footprint as at Sep 30, 2016 per earning release, total = 679
This is what I keep coming back to.

Hyatt Globalist: 60 nights, excluding awards, in 679 properties. No credit towards Globalist with CC.
Hilton Diamond: 60 nights, or 30 stays, including awards, in 4,600 hotels. CC grants status with $40k spend.
Marriott Platinum: 75 nights, including awards, in 5,500 hotels (once combined with SPG). CC grants night credits towards Platinum.

I just don't understand.
Old Nov 9, 16, 4:26 pm

I think the part you're missing is: Hyatt doesn't believe themselves to be in competition with Hilton and Marriott.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: