World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 8, 16, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
Originally Posted by canyonleo View Post
I suspect your youth was before the time of municipal poisoning of tap water with fluoride and lead and who knows what, or industrial waste doing who knows what to water, or aging infrastructure affecting water... so while I agree with you tap water used to be fine, in most municipalities times have changed. But, back to topic, I just wish Lounges would carry local spring water options instead of Coke/Pepsi versions of bottled water.
And I wish they carried sparkling water.
Old Nov 8, 16, 6:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
I booked my first room by choice at a different chain today. Normally the only way I have not booked Hyatt is if it was not in the location I am traveling to. This one was by choice and it set in motion my move elsewhere.

Thanks Hyatt for the great times, it was fun while it lasted.
Old Nov 8, 16, 7:03 pm

Thank you, Hyatt, for the last 3 years. But next year i will focus on 25 stays at SPG that will grant platinum of both SPG and Marriott until 2019.
Old Nov 8, 16, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by walkingingotham View Post
Thank you, Hyatt, for the last 3 years. But next year i will focus on 25 stays at SPG that will grant platinum of both SPG and Marriott until 2019.
This is why I am really surprised that Hyatt played their hand so soon. I thought Hyatt, Hilton and IHG would wait until 2018 or 2019 when Marriott revealed its plan for SPG/Marriott Rewards. Maybe WoH really believes the new program is such an improvement over Gold Passport and the competition that it couldn't wait to show it off?
Old Nov 8, 16, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post
This is why I am really surprised that Hyatt played their hand so soon. I thought Hyatt, Hilton and IHG would wait until 2018 or 2019 when Marriott revealed its plan for SPG/Marriott Rewards. Maybe WoH really believes the new program is such an improvement over Gold Passport and the competition that it couldn't wait to show it off?
there maybe things going on that we don't know yet. I think there is at least one more merger out there. That depends on Equity Capital.
Old Nov 9, 16, 12:48 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hyatt website now shows yearly base rate points when I look at my upcoming reservations!
Not sure if that has been commented on yet
Old Nov 9, 16, 2:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post
Nothing surprising about it when the objective is corporate signaling to reach a collusive outcome with "competitor(s)".
Old Nov 9, 16, 3:38 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
NYCUA1K posted a logical theory on another website. Here's one of his posts; link below:
My first take on this programmatic change at HGP - to put it mildly - was that it was entirely predictable as a move to bring the program back from the brink where it's been for nearly a year, and, in the process, they overcompensated.

To wonder why Hyatt made this drastic move is to completely fail to grasp how badly they botched their status match offer that was designed to capture SPG elites but ended up capturing second tier elites from pretty much every other program, to whom they gave full HGP Diamond privileges, including DSUs, up front. Occupancy at Hyatt hotels has probably been as high as it's been industry-wide, but a huge proportion of their guests was quite likely newly minted Diamonds cashing in their 4 or, in many cases, 8 DSUs. A YUGE disaster.

Thus, having bitten more than they could chew and getting a terrible indigestion over the past year as a result, World of Hyatt (WOH!) appears to be designed as strong medicine that will undo the damage by dramatically thinning the rank of top elites. Because HGP Diamond got to the point where anyone and their dog who wanted it got it without trying, WOH! is designed to restore some shine to the program's top elite level, ridiculously named "globalist" — first thin it and then make it tougher to achieve. I bet we won’t be seeing status match offers to that level.

My second take was...It's like, WOH!, man...

https://insideflyer.com/forums/threa....137937/page-2

In my mind, he makes a lot of sense. Hyatt screwed the pooch and rolled this changed program to 'fix' their massive screwup (offering Diamond to everyone).
Old Nov 9, 16, 4:10 am

Programs: A3*G
The "free" Hyatt Diamond problem would have resolved itself as per March next year. I dont see why they would introduce a new loyalty program for a couple of more months.
Old Nov 9, 16, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
The next recession may be upon us. Wonder if they'll be rethinking this strategy now...
Old Nov 9, 16, 5:27 am

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by frogss29 View Post
Hyatt website now shows yearly base rate points when I look at my upcoming reservations!
Not sure if that has been commented on yet
If they can show this data point, then why can't they show lifetime base points?
Old Nov 9, 16, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
So after last night is Hyatt seriously going to continue to title its premier customer "Globalist"?
Old Nov 9, 16, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
We're going to build a wall around our existing benefits. And we're going to make Hyatt pay for them!
Old Nov 9, 16, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
And we're going to make Hyatt pay for them!
Or better yet, make the Diamonds who are going to be deported to another program pay.
Old Nov 9, 16, 7:55 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
NYCUA1K posted a logical theory on another website. Here's one of his posts; link below:
My first take on this programmatic change at HGP - to put it mildly - was that it was entirely predictable as a move to bring the program back from the brink where it's been for nearly a year, and, in the process, they overcompensated.

To wonder why Hyatt made this drastic move is to completely fail to grasp how badly they botched their status match offer that was designed to capture SPG elites but ended up capturing second tier elites from pretty much every other program, to whom they gave full HGP Diamond privileges, including DSUs, up front. Occupancy at Hyatt hotels has probably been as high as it's been industry-wide, but a huge proportion of their guests was quite likely newly minted Diamonds cashing in their 4 or, in many cases, 8 DSUs. A YUGE disaster.

Thus, having bitten more than they could chew and getting a terrible indigestion over the past year as a result, World of Hyatt (WOH!) appears to be designed as strong medicine that will undo the damage by dramatically thinning the rank of top elites. Because HGP Diamond got to the point where anyone and their dog who wanted it got it without trying, WOH! is designed to restore some shine to the program's top elite level, ridiculously named "globalist" — first thin it and then make it tougher to achieve. I bet we won’t be seeing status match offers to that level.

My second take was...It's like, WOH!, man...

https://insideflyer.com/forums/threa....137937/page-2

In my mind, he makes a lot of sense. Hyatt screwed the pooch and rolled this changed program to 'fix' their massive screwup (offering Diamond to everyone).
"Hyatt Gold Passport, our existing loyalty program, has enjoyed very strong growth in its membership base. In fact, after the Marriott-Starwood announcement last year, we ran a Hyatt Gold Passport tier match program to encourage Starwood preferred guest members to experience Hyatt, and matched over 30,000 customers. Approximately 50% of the status-match customers were either new to Hyatt or increased their stay activity subsequent to the tier match."

Search this Thread
Search Engine: