World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 16, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy View Post
I just got this email too, and I will try my best to juggle my schedule to attend this session with Jeff!

I called into the HGP Diamond line to use a DSU and had a pleasant talk with the agent. She told me that the 'negative reaction to WoH has been overwhelming'! Management is asking all agents to note customers ' sentiments & feedback into a special database for review, and she felt that adjustments may be made.

I'm not holding my breath, but it's encouraging to hear such statements even though it's not from someone who is a decision making position.
As I posted earlier..I sent my pl rep a long email about my thoughts and issues with many aspects of the new program, and she said they have been told to send up any and all feedback they get, good or bad. Clearly they must really have asked for this...now this doesn't mean anything will change, but I will say it again...people should send in their intelligent, well reasoned and articulated thoughts on the good and bad. Never know if stuff might change or get adjusted...they have plenty of time to fix stuff.
Old Nov 7, 16, 3:35 pm

I think the 5 brand award should be annual...like spg did for several years with their brand award.
Old Nov 7, 16, 3:39 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sapguy View Post
Hotelfanatic's opinion of 'wishful thinking' has been ignored by me and others ^

that is your wishful thinking.

you, sapguy is the one that conveyed that "adjustments may be made" in your post. Not me.

Originally Posted by antonius66 View Post
As I posted earlier..I sent my pl rep a long email about my thoughts and issues with many aspects of the new program, and she said they have been told to send up any and all feedback they get, good or bad. Clearly they must really have asked for this...now this doesn't mean anything will change, but I will say it again...people should send in their intelligent, well reasoned and articulated thoughts on the good and bad. Never know if stuff might change or get adjusted...they have plenty of time to fix stuff.
Yes - I agree things may change if they get input. If they don't, nothing will.
Old Nov 7, 16, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by antonius66 View Post
I think the 5 brand award should be annual...like spg did for several years with their brand award.
Are you thinking this is 2017 only? It's listed in their benefits chart and they are pretending like this is much better than the welcome amenity.

This will be an ongoing benefit until WOH is thrown in the trash bin of history.
Old Nov 7, 16, 3:47 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Are you thinking this is 2017 only? It's listed in their benefits chart and they are pretending like this is much better than the welcome amenity.

This will be an ongoing benefit until WOH is thrown in the trash bin of history.
My understanding is the "5 brand" and 2nd "5 brand" awards are once in a lifetime awards. The free night in a category 1-4 award after your 30th night is an annual award.
Old Nov 7, 16, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skj View Post
My understanding is the "5 brand" and 2nd "5 brand" awards are once in a lifetime awards. The free night in a category 1-4 award after your 30th night is an annual award.
Correct, you can only earn the 5 brand awards once, not annually. Also, they expire 1 year from date of issue.

The 30th night and 60th night awards you can earn annually but they expire in 120 days.

Don't forget that you 25 stay freeloaders, i mean new Explorists, will get 4 Regency club upgrade passes with the new program. Nobody seems to mention that in all their griping as if they are being cast off into a program of despicable value. Focus on the goodness of the new program at your respective tier level, not what is being taken away.
Old Nov 7, 16, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
Don't forget that you 25 stay freeloaders, i mean new Explorists, will get 4 Regency club upgrade passes with the new program. Nobody seems to mention that in all their griping as if they are being cast off into a program of despicable value.
Possibly because it isn't clear how they work. If they're only.good when you're paying rack rate, then they're pretty much worthless.

I wonder if valued Explorists would also be paying extra for club access for the third adult in their room.
Old Nov 7, 16, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
This perk is laughable. I am not going to stay at a property that I don't want to stay at (or is out of the way, etc.) to get a cert. that's worth, at the most, $150-.
Not including how you got the certificate, I can think of many properties where a Category 1-4 certificate would easily see rates $300 or $400 plus for a night which is why many people acknowledged holding on to the Hyatt Visa for the free night because of its value.
Old Nov 7, 16, 4:57 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by atravelguy View Post
Not including how you got the certificate, I can think of many properties where a Category 1-4 certificate would easily see rates $300 or $400 plus for a night which is why many people acknowledged holding on to the Hyatt Visa for the free night because of its value.

Uhm. Where is a cat 4 property north of four hundred on any night you could possibly use the cert?
Old Nov 7, 16, 5:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I've actually seen the Hyatt Place in Queen go for $400 when the Mets was playing the playoff elimination game this season. But you are correct, it is very unusual for any cat 4 to be north of $400.
Old Nov 7, 16, 5:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
Uhm. Where is a cat 4 property north of four hundred on any night you could possibly use the cert?
Andaz Peninsula Papagayo (Costa Rica)
Old Nov 7, 16, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
The Andaz in Costa Rica is an easy one. In fact, those who have the certificate can look up to verify that you could use it on December 21 at $850 for the night, not including tax.

For the sake of avoiding the argument that that is overseas, by typing in states only for December 31 the following advertise $400+ rates currently:

- Hyatt Centric San Francisco at $409 as a 4
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point at $499 as a 4

I saw randomly the Hyatt Centric New Orleans is $509 on November 19 as a 4 for a last minute party booking?
Old Nov 7, 16, 5:57 pm

You can also browse Washington DC on a weekday in March (I'm quoting March 22) and there is a Hyatt Regency at $399 and Hyatt Place at $490 but those rates might drop so moving on....

- Hyatt Regency Dallas on Valentine's Day is $499 as a 3
- Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is on St. Patty's day is $450 as a 3
- Hyatt Place Park City on January 28 (random chosen snow weekend) at $399 as a 4

They are out there, there are more examples with location and date variety but I hope this helps some get good value out of the award because I frequently see $300 rates and $400 is here and there especially around special events.
Old Nov 7, 16, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by atravelguy View Post
The Andaz in Costa Rica is an easy one. In fact, those who have the certificate can look up to verify that you could use it on December 21 at $850 for the night, not including tax.

For the sake of avoiding the argument that that is overseas, by typing in states only for December 31 the following advertise $400+ rates currently:

- Hyatt Centric San Francisco at $409 as a 4
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point at $499 as a 4

I saw randomly the Hyatt Centric New Orleans is $509 on November 19 as a 4 for a last minute party booking?
Just tried to book the Centric SF with one of my free nights for 31 DEC, and there is no availability for a free night, cash only.

You need to try and book these before you claim availability.

So, unfortunately, your point is moot.

80% of the time, I can get that property for $136- with my corp. rate.
Old Nov 7, 16, 6:01 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Just tried to book the Centric SF with one of my free nights for 31 DEC, and there is no availability for a free night, cash only.

You need to try and book these before you claim availability.

So, unfortunately, your point is moot.

80% of the time, I can get that property for $136- with my corp. rate.
Exactly. Prices are rarely that high when points options are available. And if they are that high likely normal corporate rates will bring them under 200

I tried to book it as well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: