World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 16, 12:19 pm

Location: Pretty much this, rinse repeat, rinse again?: Bloomington, MN (MSP) -> Port Orange, FL (DAB)
Programs: DL NRSA, HHonors Silver (Soon to be gold), Hotels.com Silver, National EC Exec, GE (FINALLY), CLEAR
And to think, right as I was going to switch to Hyatt, well guess I'm staying with Hilton.
Old Nov 7, 16, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHONOR Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by cic View Post

I will also be hosting a special Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on November 16 at 12 noon CST to personally answer your questions. An email invite will go out next week with instructions on how to participate. I look forward to connecting with you then.

Thank you for your loyalty. You are the heart of our community and the inspiration for World of Hyatt.

All my best,

Anyone received this letter? Seems they have received a lot of negative feedback.
I just got this email too, and I will try my best to juggle my schedule to attend this session with Jeff!

I called into the HGP Diamond line to use a DSU and had a pleasant talk with the agent. She told me that the 'negative reaction to WoH has been overwhelming'! Management is asking all agents to note customers ' sentiments & feedback into a special database for review, and she felt that adjustments may be made.

I'm not holding my breath, but it's encouraging to hear such statements even though it's not from someone who is a decision making position.
Old Nov 7, 16, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I got the e-mail as well. I don't have time to attend the Reddit session but hope are sentiments are well represented during it.
Old Nov 7, 16, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
5 brands, 1 night

Hyatt is touting the 5-brand night award as a great improvement over the Diamond amenity. Has anyone trashed this yet? If not, let me be the first.

Attaining even the first night, never mind both, is not much of a benefit. First, you get to spend it at a lower-category property. Better if the award matched one of the brands you stayed in.

Second, to earn it a lot of members who stay may have to significantly change their travel style.

Do you only stay at the Park Hyatt in Carlsbad, CA? Well, you'll need to spend some time at the nearby Hyatt Place and Hyatt House and you'll still only be about half-way there.

Can you only afford to stay at the Hyatt Place in nearby Vista? Too bad. You'll need to dig deep and stay at the Park Hyatt. And still not make it.

It would make more sense if this were a night every 5 or 10 different properties, not brands.
Old Nov 7, 16, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Miesque View Post
I got the e-mail as well. I don't have time to attend the Reddit session but hope are sentiments are well represented during it.
I got the email as well.

"You are the heart of our community and the inspiration for World of Hyatt."

My heartfelt apologies to all affected Community members for being the inspiration for WoH. I didn't mean you any harm.

Quite frankly the email is very weak. Seriously, they are touting a seamless transition as one of the five things that stand about about the world of Hyatt? As opposed to what ... deleting the Gold Passport database on March 1st and making everyone register again?!
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Hyatt is touting the 5-brand night award as a great improvement over the Diamond amenity. Has anyone trashed this yet? If not, let me be the first.
I don't consider that part of the WoH program. It's basically a promo. IHG has them all the time. Achieve these five things, get xyz points. The only difference is that there is no end date. For it to be part of the loyalty program itself, it would have to be "every year you stay at five different brand you get a free night".

I suspect it is thrown in there with the WoH announcement as a distraction.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Nov 7, 16 at 2:06 pm
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by JackE View Post

Attaining even the first night, never mind both, is not much of a benefit. First, you get to spend it at a lower-category property. Better if the award matched one of the brands you stayed in.

Second, to earn it a lot of members who stay may have to significantly change their travel style.

Do you only stay at the Park Hyatt in Carlsbad, CA? Well, you'll need to spend some time at the nearby Hyatt Place and Hyatt House and you'll still only be about half-way there.

Can you only afford to stay at the Hyatt Place in nearby Vista? Too bad. You'll need to dig deep and stay at the Park Hyatt. And still not make it.

It would make more sense if this were a night every 5 or 10 different properties, not brands.
This perk is laughable. I am not going to stay at a property that I don't want to stay at (or is out of the way, etc.) to get a cert. that's worth, at the most, $150-.
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:07 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
This perk is laughable. I am not going to stay at a property that I don't want to stay at (or is out of the way, etc.) to get a cert. that's worth, at the most, $150-.
It's the same cert that you can get with the credit card ... for $75.
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sapguy View Post
I called into the HGP Diamond line to use a DSU and had a pleasant talk with the agent. She told me that the 'negative reaction to WoH has been overwhelming'! Management is asking all agents to note customers ' sentiments & feedback into a special database for review, and she felt that adjustments may be made.
Don't limit it to just the Diamond line - let the FD ppl you interact with know also. They will float that up and hope it makes a difference. I've told the GHNY FD team all the negative reaction I am hearing - some did not even know this is being implemented. They were shocked that the Dia amenity is being eliminated. Same reaction at the Hyatt TS. If they end up making any changes, I don't think they will do it next year - probably the year after next.
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:36 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
If they end up making any changes, I don't think they will do it next year - probably the year after next.
Wow, that is incredibly wishful thinking if I've ever heard it!
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
Wow, that is incredibly wishful thinking if I've ever heard it!
Yes is wishful. Is there a problem with that or conveying your sentiments about WOH to the FD?

btw - sapguy was the one that brought up a DB set up to collect member reactions. So my wishful thinking is not out of the blue.
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
And you might have to do that FOUR times! If you want both certificates, then up to NINE times.
Old Nov 7, 16, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
The only thing that can stop these changes in their tracks is an immediate and major recession.

Vote Trump!
Old Nov 7, 16, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Miesque View Post
Especially the sentiment Jay Leno famously expressed to Hugh Grant, "What the hell were you thinking?"
Old Nov 7, 16, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHONOR Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Platinum
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
Yes is wishful. Is there a problem with that or conveying your sentiments about WOH to the FD?

btw - sapguy was the one that brought up a DB set up to collect member reactions. So my wishful thinking is not out of the blue.
There is NO such thing as wishful thinking! Unless you are Jeff Zidell's or a member of the Hyatt team making decisions, you are expressing an opinion just like other in this thread are.

Hotelfanatic's opinion of 'wishful thinking' has been ignored by me and others ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: