World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 6, 16, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Andaz5 View Post
Remember the days when you received the annual gift... now that was hospitality, that was the Hyatt Touch.
Oh the pining for days gone by......if you read enough of these FT threads across different loyalty programs there is always this type of comparison to the past program. Nothing stays the same and I fully expect these programs to change over time. To compare a program today to what existed yesterday and then claim the company is going downhill is just absurd.

Change is constant, set your expectations that the program today will change again in the future and you can't do anything about it other than gripe or vote with your wallet.
Old Nov 6, 16, 7:52 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
And how about Ritz-Carlton especially in Asia? Ritz-Carlton, Marriott and SPG lifetime status. That's my concentration for 2017. Hyatt was my primary program but it is now two with Hilton remaining in third place in the new order of things.

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
Can you count? There are 39 Park Hyatts in the World. One in Africa. Two in South America. Three in the Arab world. If you call that the 'largest luxury hotel chain the world' you may want to redo your maths.

St Regis has 57 locations, Four Seasons have 107 locations, Luxury Collection have 111.
Old Nov 6, 16, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
OK, so his first claim is:

But SPG does indeed that. And Hilton is just behind at 30 stays.

-Fail.

Second claim:

As Kyle's mom would say on South Park: What what WHAT???

SPG points can transfer into most airline programs.

Sorry, I stopped reading at that point.
I think you need to read the article again.....this point in particular is important. This is not a 'fail' as you so quickly dismissed it. All you folks are so quick to say that WoH is bad just because the changes are different than what you are used to. Read thru the details of the program changes again, at each level, and then do it again. Most of the banter on this and other threads is due to emotional first reactions based on how what I have now will be different in the future. There is value in the new program, but it will just be different than what you have today. Go read the book "Who moved my Cheese".

At this point no other hotel chain allows people to qualify for top-tier status based on only 25 stays per year
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:12 am

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Another interesting wrinkle by way of OMAAT via TokyoHyattFan.

Seems like Hyatt is violating HGP Terms and Conditions

3. The Hyatt Gold Passport program may continue until such time as Hyatt Gold Passport at its sole discretion elects to designate a program termination date. Hyatt Gold Passport has the right to end the Hyatt Gold Passport program by providing written notice to then Active Members six (6) months in advance.
6 months is April 27 not February 28. Rather shocking oversight though given this rollout and the horrible name / marketing assets, it's perhaps not surprising.

Not a lawyer so can't comment on the validity of a claim here but seems like this new program is a violation of T&Cs

Link: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...454.1474859151
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
I think you need to read the article again.....this point in particular is important. This is not a 'fail' as you so quickly dismissed it. All you folks are so quick to say that WoH is bad just because the changes are different than what you are used to. Read thru the details of the program changes again, at each level, and then do it again. Most of the banter on this and other threads is due to emotional first reactions based on how what I have now will be different in the future. There is value in the new program, but it will just be different than what you have today. Go read the book "Who moved my Cheese".

At this point no other hotel chain allows people to qualify for top-tier status based on only 25 stays per year
It is not an emotional response; it is purely analytic. The two aspects I including were abjectly false, therefor the premise underlying his argument ceased to be valid.

I dare say it is you who appears emotional and not fact based.

/shrug
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:22 am

It is not an emotional response; it is purely analytic. The two aspects I including were abjectly false, therefor the premise underlying his argument ceased to be valid.

I dare say it is you who appears emotional and not fact based.

/shrug
Um, you can't get top-tier status with Marriott with only 25 stays. The article pointed out that getting Hyatt Diamond status for only 25 stays does not exist anywhere else from competing chains.

Are you now saying this is inaccurate? You would only be Marriott Silver with 25 stays. Marriott Silver is not their top-tier, Platinum is. Why are we having this conversation? And again, it helps in making my point above, you and others are so misinformed and your emotions are leading to inaccurate conclusions. Read thru the WoH changes again, and then do it again. Then lets have an informed discussion based on the facts please
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:23 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Godwin's law Can't be far off.
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
Um, you can't get top-tier status with Marriott with only 25 stays. The article pointed out that getting Hyatt Diamond status for only 25 stays does not exist anywhere else from competing chains.

Are you now saying this is inaccurate? You would only be Marriott Silver with 25 stays. Marriott Silver is not their top-tier, Platinum is. Why are we having this conversation? And again, it helps in making my point above, you and others are so misinformed and your emotions are leading to inaccurate conclusions. Read thru the WoH changes again, and then do it again. Then lets have an informed discussion based on the facts please
Dude, 25 SPG stays gives you top tier, stop being so obtuse.
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:27 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BoraYa View Post
A simple solution is to pay a little extra for breakfast and redeem less points.

How would you like a point chart devaluation similar to Hilton's? Let's use common sense it is a business not a charity!
Everybody here is using common sense. A smaller footprint with a higher price point and less benefits means choosing another hotel chain makes much more sense.

There is nothing stopping Hyatt from
following through on your "threat" to devalue the program further next year by simply raising the categories of many hotels. Just increase each by 1 category and keep a few level 1 properties. All based upon the feedback of Hyatt corporate executives' children who are hoping their parents get a nice windfall by the cut in benefits.

Hyatt should immediately contact Disney to see if they can use "It's a small world after all" as the new WOH theme song to highlight how few hotels they have in most of the world.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Nov 6, 16 at 8:34 am
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:30 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
This. And SPG is certainly where my first 25 stays in 2017 will be, whereas in the past these 25 would have gone to Hyatt.

I suspect I am not alone.

If a critical mass of former Diamonds adopt a similar strategy, Hyatt franchisees are going to stage a revolt.
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:30 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
not for that long when the systems are merged then the Marriott tiers will take hold
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:36 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
not for that long when the systems are merged then the Marriott tiers will take hold
Except that by then Marriott/Starwood will have nearly 10 times as many rooms as Hyatt plus award nights count for status. With Starwood you also get credit for up to three rooms booked per night.
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:36 am

We have no idea what the new program will look like. Although it would be logical to think the Marriott qualifications will stick, they are merging all 3 programs so (Ritz too) so it might look drastically different.
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:37 am

OMG, this can't be true. You know what this means? The merger of Marriott & SPG will result in rewards program changes that create a backlash from loyal SPG members that will no longer be able to achieve status based solely on 25 stays.

Imagine the outrage from these changes across their loyals, they will seek out new programs and start to consider WoH, and other companies. I'm sure the mass exodus will drive down their RevPAR and their customers will flee to the completion. This will signal the downhill slide that Marriott-SPG is doomed. All their loyal members will post to the boards how things used to be and how great they used to be treated. Perhaps the loyal SPG members will start to praise the benefits of the WoH program and brazenly announce to the world that they are taking their business to Hyatt.

Maybe the new Marriott-SPG tier levels will even be renamed from Silver-Gold-Platinum to something that appeals more to the Millennials. Oh my, how things will change....
Old Nov 6, 16, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Possibly correct, but in the mean time it is reality. And if SPG/Marriott change then Hilton is still 30 stays.... and those chains have way more of a footprint than Hyatt.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: