World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 5, 16, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
As this topic has already had a space for discussion in a thread about World of Hyatt, a merger with (or continuation of the topic) ought to be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...rld-hyatt.html
This is specifically for positive experiences and excitement over the new changes. One poster has indicated that they are satisfied with the recognition they will receive now based on their spend levels. It is great to have a diversity of opinions considering that Hyatt has gotten substantial positive feedback which was not reflected in the other thread. This thread will be a place where people can find positive and uplifting information about the new program.

Being positive is vital to good health and it can be difficult to sort through interruptions and threats from a very small vocal minority.

Last edited by BoraYa; Nov 5, 16 at 11:20 pm Reason: Explanation of thread purpose.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BoraYa View Post
It was all of us and all of our feedback and wants and needs put together with the need to preserve the Hyatt program as it is and stay competitive, it's all common sense.
If that is the case, then I have a bridge and some excellent oceanfront property to sell you.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:20 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Productivity View Post
While I think the OP is full of crap, I'm actually not un-excited by the program.

We have been platinum for five years, but are on our way to be qualified as lifetime diamond after 11 years total at current spend rates. Effectively, my ~20 nights a year at Grand/Park/Andaz brands, spending easily $500 per night always felt highly undervalued when I'd watch people qualify for far less spend than me from Hyatt Place stays. At least with this while we will probably bump along at tier 1 (I think the tier names are stupid), we will probably bump up to tier 2 at least every second year and occasionally we will jump to tier 3.

This never would have happened under the previous setup and it was frustrating.
I'm with you, these changes are not bad for my particular situation either but it is sad that Hyatt feels the need to have a marketing person shlepping around on the forum. Many people will not be happy by these changes and Hyatt should just avoid looking at these forums rather than trying to drum up fake enthusiasm. Seems very petty to me. These changes will also not change the fact that someone can get top tier status while spending much less than you have if you are going to make lifetime diamond in 11 years. There will still be travelers that are lucky enough to stay at HP that average $60-70 per night.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This is specifically for positive experiences and excitement over the new changes. One poster has indicated that they are satisfied with the recognition they will receive now based on their spend levels. It is great to have a diversity of opinions considering that Hyatt has gotten substantial positive feedback which was not reflected in the other thread. This thread will be a place where people can find positive and uplifting information about the new program.
There is already a thread for that: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...rld-hyatt.html

The OP of that thread probably could claim that their post starting that thread is "positive and uplifting information about the new program".
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by ronbo83 View Post
Not true. The qualification change goes into effect beginning January 2017 for 2018 status (taken directly from the WoH website). Granted anyone who will qualify for Diamond before then will have status until February 2018 but the qualification period for 2018 and beyond starts in less than 2 months. I would assume someone so "jazzed" about these changes would understand the difference between previously earned status and a qualification period.
If they do 49 to 50 nights, they can squeeze in 5 more its all about rewarding challenges. I think this is reasonable
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
It was all of us and all of our feedback and wants and needs put together with the need to preserve the Hyatt program as it is and stay competitive, it's all common sense.
Good grief, I got a headache trying to read this jibberish.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:22 pm

Being positive is vital to good health and it can be difficult to sort through interruptions and threats from a very small vocal minority.
As far as I'm concerned, having read through your posts in the other thread, you are a corporate shill. While I'd prefer that you just stop posting, I'll content myself with requesting that you don't use me as an example - my spend pattern is highly unusual and while this may benefit me, I can see it destroying value for the vast majority of members.

I'll also add, that while I was quite happy to keep working my way to lifetime diamond, full well knowing that I had 30 years of DSUs after that, the change to lifetime whatever that you have to hit 60 nights to get the suite upgrades destroys this and will certainly result in me re-directing my stays. I'm reconsidering a Maldives stay as is.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
There is already a thread for that: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...rld-hyatt.html

The OP of that thread probably could claim that their post starting that thread is "positive and uplifting information about the new program".
So why do you love the changes to HGP and what excites you about World of Hyatt as a Diamond?
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:25 pm

On

If they do 49 to 50 nights, they can squeeze in 5 more its all about rewarding challenges. I think this is reasonable
Your making an assumption on the additional nights and putting out false information on the qualification period. Just saying that if you are in the marketing department, you are not very good at it.

Also by your logic, Hyatt could squeeze in some more benefits to Diamonds, it's all about rewarding challenges!

I think this is reasonable as well.

This cuts both ways bud.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by ronbo83 View Post
Your making an assumption on the additional nights and putting out false information on the qualification period. Just saying that if you are in the marketing department, you are not very good at it.

Also by your logic, Hyatt could squeeze in some more benefits to Diamonds, it's all about rewarding challenges!

I think this is reasonable as well.

This cuts both ways bud.
Hyatt did squeeze in more benefits if you stay at the Huntington Beach Resort and Spa you will have free parking and resort fees waived on both paid and reward night stays, you can also use a Suite Upgrade on an award night at this property, Award nights have now truly become awards. Also if you reach 60 nights you get a free night certificate anywhere in the world that is worth much more than 30,000 points.

I'll also say, I have no idea if you are a troll or a corporate shill who deserves to be destroyed in performance rankings, but if you are the latter and it comes out, you will be a long lasting reminder of how far Hyatt has fallen and why I don't feel bad about taking money elsewhere.

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Flagged this thread for the mods to consider merging into the existing thread.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milesmutt View Post
Good grief, I got a headache trying to read this jibberish.

It needs to be preserved as an example for a Corporate Manual on what not to post to avoid looking like a corporate hack when marauding on a Forum as a customer.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:38 pm

Hyatt did squeeze in more benefits if you stay at the Huntington Beach Resort and Spa you will have free parking and resort fees waived on both paid and reward night stays, you can also use a Suite Upgrade on an award night at this property, Award nights have now truly become awards. Also if you reach 60 nights you get a free night certificate anywhere in the world that is worth much more than 30,000 points.
Can you explain how a one night certificate is worth more then the highest point redemption tier? Given that points don't expire and the certs do, I seem to be missing the logic. That being said, given your mastery of punctuation I am guessing you are some lowly troll. Enjoy your evening.
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So why do you love the changes to HGP and what excites you about World of Hyatt as a Diamond?
The World of Hyatt devaluation makes for a great discussion of what Hyatt is/has become for its loyalty program customers in the main. It's an exciting window that shows Hyatt being on a cost-cutting path, a path that negatively impacts even Diamond-turned-Globalists. And this cost-cutting trend at Hyatt is going to be exciting, especially as Hyatt's cost-cutting exercise won't end here with regard to the Hyatt loyalty programs' customers. The Hyatt program ball has just started to roll down, and customers should watch out for this downward ball hitting them harder ahead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: