World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Markie
Thanks for the follow up questions.

So far:

1. I will requalify as glob in 2018 (good through feb 2019) and get 4 suite upgrade voucher if only i made 60 nights - if i requalify by 55 nights i will not get that 4 vouchers?

2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

3. For those that qualify for Diamond in Jan/Feb 2017, would we still earn DSUs? Are the DSUs get issued immediately, March 2017, or in March 2018? I'm requalified for next year now and thinking to do 19, but would hate to get 8 DSUs in a batch March 2017 and have none to use March 2018-2019. Or worse yet, get no DSUs for the early requalification

4. Are COSTCO rates excluded from being eligible rates?

5. If you only qualify based on 50k spending on a Hyatt card does that mean you don't get 4 club upgrades? If so - the 50k spending milestone is completely meaningless, no?

6. What is going to happen to members with PrivateLine agents?

7. Will a current diamond have to make 60 nights next year or 55 nights?? to maintain the diamond/globalist tier.

8. From Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, the Diamond benefits stay the same, i.e., Diamond amenity of 1000 points or food and beverage per stay, but the 'no resort fee on all stays and no parking fee on award stays' is not applicable. Right?

The email will go tomorrow so please post any further!
Thanks

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt
Why the information about the Lifetime Globalist program is being held until March 1st. Will there any difference in benefits accorded those who will already be Lifetime Globalists as of Feb 28th vs. those who qualify on or after March 1st? Any difference in what it will take to become Lifetime after March 1st vs. what it takes now?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
Thanks for the follow up questions.

So far:

1. I will requalify as glob in 2018 (good through feb 2019) and get 4 suite upgrade voucher if only i made 60 nights - if i requalify by 55 nights i will not get that 4 vouchers?

2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

3. For those that qualify for Diamond in Jan/Feb 2017, would we still earn DSUs? Are the DSUs get issued immediately, March 2017, or in March 2018? I'm requalified for next year now and thinking to do 19, but would hate to get 8 DSUs in a batch March 2017 and have none to use March 2018-2019. Or worse yet, get no DSUs for the early requalification

4. Are COSTCO rates excluded from being eligible rates?

5. If you only qualify based on 50k spending on a Hyatt card does that mean you don't get 4 club upgrades? If so - the 50k spending milestone is completely meaningless, no?

6. What is going to happen to members with PrivateLine agents?

7. Will a current diamond have to make 60 nights next year or 55 nights?? to maintain the diamond/globalist tier.

8. From Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, the Diamond benefits stay the same, i.e., Diamond amenity of 1000 points or food and beverage per stay, but the 'no resort fee on all stays and no parking fee on award stays' is not applicable. Right?

The email will go tomorrow so please post any further!
Thanks

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt
#1 Already answered in the T&C.
#2 I am certain I read somewhere where J. Zidell answered this already and said they would keep the 4 DSUs annually as Lifetime Globalists.
#3 I have no idea on that one for sure.
#4 I cannot see why Costco would suddenly be an ineligible rate. I HIGHLY doubt any current rates that give credit will no longer give credit.
#5 good question for those it applies to.
#6 Since the PL is pretty much the same as the Hyatt Concierge, I can't imagine anything will change.
#7 Already answered as well in the T&C.
#8 Seems obvious. The new program benefits and reductions do not start until March 1. Until then, you will get the current benefits only for better or worse.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:06 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
Since the PL is pretty much the same as the Hyatt Concierge, I can't imagine anything will change.
The question asked was "What is going to happen to members with PrivateLine agents?" I suspect there are many more Diamonds today with PrivateLine agents than with a Hyatt Concierge. I'd also suspect those members with PL agents will lose them unless they meet the new spend or night requirements to qualify for My Hyatt Concierge.

I don't use my PL agent a lot, but she has been very helpful when I needed to change some reservations where I had applied DSUs, for example. It's not my biggest issue with WoH, but it would be helpful to understand the transition plans.

Last edited by skj; Nov 5, 2016 at 2:07 pm Reason: fix quoting ...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:15 pm

Still confused - can someone answer these for me.
I am current Diamond who should get to 22 or so stays by December 31, 2016.

-If I don't make it to 25 stays by 12/31/16, do I still have until 2/28/17 to make it to 25 and get Globalist on 3/1/17?

-Is there any advantage to making 25 stays by 12/31/16 rather than 2/28/17? Would I not get the upgrades/cat 1-7 award nights if I make it on 2/28/17 but not 12/31/16?

-The nights (stays) between 1/1/17-2/28/17 would count towards my Globalist effective 3/31/17 and my entire nights count for 2017 towards 2018 levels simultaneously?

-Let's say I need 3 more stays after 12/31/16 to make Diamond and I do this between 1/1/17-2/28/17 and get Globalist effective 3/1/17. What happens if for some odd reason I'm able to get 25 stays between 1/1/17-2/28/17? Do these not only count towards my 2017 requalification but also my 2018 qualification? In other words, between 1/1/17-2/28/17, do the 25 stays Diamond requalification only start counting after the stays that were counted towards the 2016 requalification or can they too be used for both?

Thanks for your assistance!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:22 pm

Just getting caught up on this now.

Long-time Diamond and large law firm attorney, with spend of approximately $12-15k per year at Hyatt properties, i.e., not enough for Globalist. Also Hilton Diamond and previously SPG Platinum, which have much larger footprints than HGP, leaving me with combined spend of perhaps $25k+. I cannot justify being WoH Diamond due to Hyatt's small footprint and will no longer consider Hyatt properties at all. I echo previous statements: never before have I gone overnight from giving a brand first consideration to no longer giving it any consideration whatsoever. Truly impressive how much loyalty Hyatt is giving away in a making these changes.

Hideous logos, too. My eyes are bleeding. Need to reconsider the inane names of the different status tiers.

I have no doubt that this is, at first blush, the logical decision given current occupancy rates, disproportionate high-end spend from business customers, etc. But it seems incredibly myopic to me in the long run. What happens when there is another serious recession like that of 2008-2009 (the "financial crisis")? Or even a protracted downturn that is deeper than the financial crisis? Companies like Hyatt will be scrambling to find loyal customers again in the face of endless inventory -- only this time, they won't have the brand equity that they once did. Message to Hyatt: don't treat your loyal customers like trash in good times because you think you can do better -- what will you do when the times are bad? I'm afraid Hyatt will learn this the hard way.

Moving all spend to SPG/Marriott from now on.

Last edited by londonienne; Nov 5, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chuck1
I am current Diamond who should get to 22 or so stays by December 31, 2016.

-If I don't make it to 25 stays by 12/31/16, do I still have until 2/28/17 to make it to 25 and get Globalist on 3/1/17?
You need 25 stays by Dec. 31 if you want to be Diamond/Globalist in 2017.

Or you could do 25 stays in Jan. + Feb. 2017 for Diamond/Globalist through Feb. 2019.

But you don't get to add 2016 + Jan. Feb. 2017 to reach 25.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by skj
The question asked was "What is going to happen to members with PrivateLine agents?" I suspect there are many more Diamonds today with PrivateLine agents than with a Hyatt Concierge. I'd also suspect those members with PL agents will lose them unless they meet the new spend or night requirements to qualify for My Hyatt Concierge.

I don't use my PL agent a lot, but she has been very helpful when I needed to change some reservations where I had applied DSUs, for example. It's not my biggest issue with WoH, but it would be helpful to understand the transition plans.
Ah yes that makes perfect sense. I didn't get that from my first reading of it. A valid question but I'm sure you're right.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
I have been Diamond for a few years. This change will ding my status with Hyatt since my qual has always been 25-30 stays 40-45 nights (half HP/HH and half full service) spending 7-9K per year. Explore status does not look good to me at all. I don't wanna do MR for Global, so time to move on. Dang, where should I go? Marriott? I feel like Hyatt is taking my candy away.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by skj

I was told by mine that if I do not re qualify as a "Globalist" ( God I hate that world) then the private line goes "POOF"
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by andante81
I have been Diamond for a few years. This change will ding my status with Hyatt since my qual has always been 25-30 stays 40-45 nights (half HP/HH and half full service) spending 7-9K per year. Explore status does not look good to me at all. I don't wanna do MR for Global, so time to move on. Dang, where should I go? Marriott? I feel like Hyatt is taking my candy away.
These are the kind of customers that this change really affects and where it is short sighted. This is where I could have seen them raising stays to something like 30, or making it 25 stays with like 45 nights or something.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You need 25 stays by Dec. 31 if you want to be Diamond/Globalist in 2017.

Or you could do 25 stays in Jan. + Feb. 2017 for Diamond/Globalist through Feb. 2019.

But you don't get to add 2016 + Jan. Feb. 2017 to reach 25.
Ok - I am just so confused. I thought there was a 2 months grace period 1/1/17-2/28/17 for helping you requalify. I was kind of under the impression it could be used to help for 2016 and 2017. Guess I was mistaken.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by chuck1
Ok - I am just so confused. I thought there was a 2 months grace period 1/1/17-2/28/17 for helping you requalify. I was kind of under the impression it could be used to help for 2016 and 2017. Guess I was mistaken.
In Jan/Feb 2017, you can have 25 stays or 50 nights that will keep you top tier until March 1, 2019.

That's it, except you might (?) be able to reduce 25/50 with sufficient Hyatt Card spend in those two months.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by andante81

I am in the exact same spot. Long time Hilton user, made a switch after some great stays on a trial and been Diamond for 3 years now. Qualified already for 2017, but unfortunately will be looking at Globalist strictly from a status match somewhere I believe.

I wont get to the spend or the nights to remain, but sadly neither will any of the people I work with throughout my industry. Almost all of us are around the 40-60 nights on the high end, and with the smaller footprint, sadly some stays each year end up at different chains.

The worst part is, I have loved my Hyatt time. It has been great and the hotels that I visit regularly each and every year, I will miss them, including the lower end properties like HP and HH. I have been treated well throughout at the property level and wish I didn't have to leave.

But to remain at the highest level of status and achieve the perks I want to receive, Hyatt just won't work for me anymore.

Such a shame. Thank you Hyatt for my time though.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
WOH is getting rid of the welcome amenity for most of its current welcome-benefit-receiving customers and giving them little to nothing back for it. The Diamond welcome benefit applies at all Hyatt GP-participating hotels for all Diamond customers while parking and resort fees only apply to a minority of Diamond customers and that too not at all Hyatt GP-participating hotels.

WOH is a cost-cutting exercise, and the above post includes an example of the shell game Hyatt management is using against its Diamond customers too as part of the cost-cutting exercise that is being called World of Hyatt.

Welcome to the world of cost-cutting hitting Diamond customers too -- even those who will qualify easily for Globalist with 60+ Hyatt nights.
Parking charges apply to the majority of Hyatt Diamond customers, I dont know what Hyatt market you stay in maybe you live at the hyatt house in Denver or at the Hyatt Place in Oklahoma City! but most hyatt properties in most markets charge 10-40 dollars a night for parking and even some hyatt house properties and hyatt place properties in densely populated areas, this is easily a $25 savings on average. In New York City, Chicago and DC you are saving an average of $40 worth much more than 1,000 points for those who collect the points and check in and out all day! Resort fees will be waived saving $25-40 per night at most resorts, this is what the focus group requested, it is too bad the public transport taking, hyatt place in Topeka Kansas customers were not consulted prior to the change.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BoraYa
Parking charges apply to the majority of Hyatt Diamond customers, I dont know what Hyatt market you stay in maybe you live at the hyatt house in Denver or at the Hyatt Place in Oklahoma City! but most hyatt properties in most markets charge 10-40 dollars a night for parking and even some hyatt house properties and hyatt place properties in densely populated areas, this is easily a $25 savings on average. In New York City, Chicago and DC you are saving an average of $40 worth much more than 1,000 points for those who collect the points and check in and out all day! Resort fees will be waived saving $25-40 per night at most resorts, this is what the focus group requested, it is too bad the public transport taking, hyatt place in Topeka Kansas customers were not consulted prior to the change.
A very large proportion of Hyatt hotels in the world don't charge Hyatt Diamonds for parking. The majority of Hyatt Places in North America include free parking even for non-Diamonds. Hyatt resort fees are only applicable at a very small minority of Hyatt properties. Most Diamond hotel stays are not at Hyatt hotels with resort fees. Mandatory resort fees aren't even legal in many countries.

Most Diamond Hyatt hotel stays don't involve collecting resort fees or parking fees. That's going to be no less true under the WOH cost-cutting exercise, an exercise packaged with a shell game that is aimed to hit Hyatt Diamond-turned-Globalists too.

Hyatt is taking away a lot from Diamond-turned-Globalists too -- for the purpose of cost-cutting -- and then giving very little of that cost-cutting savings back to this customer segment. It's a shell game that also fleeces Diamond-turned-Globalists.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 5, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.